Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 03:43:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1692286
  • Total Topics: 118451
  • Online Today: 674
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: AKULA's - A Very British Revolution - 1863 - Pg2 The Volunteers Force - Research  (Read 3242 times)

Offline Aethelflaeda was framed

• Scientist
  • aka Mick the Metalsmith
    • Michael Hayman Handmade Celtic Jewelry
Re: AKULA's - A Very British Revolution - 1863
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2024, 03:37:44 PM »
I'd have to second the suggestions for a look at Ireland, as after all the Young Irelanders 'rebelled' in '48 (to be charitable) and the IRB was founded in '58 and was very active in the Irish Brigade of the Union Army. You could have Thomas Francis Meagher agitating for Irish soldiers in America to return home (though I can't imagine the Federals would be too happy about that).

On a temporal tangent: Trent Miniatures has a lot of Irish Rebellion for late 18th Century/ early 19th i have been hankering to get.  (Vendee revolt and Haitian revolt as well.)  Not sure how well the garb looks by mid 19th century…but my RPG games are time traveling anachronisms fit for Doctor Who. I have seen Rough Rider American units used in 1930s VBCW games. Hmmm, can we go back in time?
Mick

aka Mick the Metalsmith
www.michaelhaymanjewelry.com

Margate and New Orleans

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Most late 18th C ranges, Trent included, depict civilians wearing breeches and knee length hose, appropriate for the era. By the 1820s trousers were the norm in civilian fashion and breeches rarely seen, save for the odd appearance at court. Of course if you fancy taking a file and some putty to legs, there may be useable figures in the range.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
I wonder if the kingdom of Hanover would supply forces to help the Crown? I think the perry Intervention force range with the 1855 Shakos might work for them. 

Or maybe even these figures from the ACW line.

https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product/acw49-early-federal-militia-command-in-shakos-overcoats-and-full-kit/

https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product/acw50-early-federal-militia-firing-line-in-shakos-overcoats-and-full-kit/
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Online Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
This is a great "what if" setting Matt,looking forward to it progressing. 8)
My twopenneth for civvies that may be suitable can be found in Foundry's Casting Room Miniatures range,may be worth a look ? :)