Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 06:14:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Dean’s 5LB Campaign  (Read 8948 times)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Re: Dean’s 5LB Campaign
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2024, 10:11:29 PM »
Nice!

Those combinations of different historical types work really well for fantasy. I wouldn't have thought of doing that but I think it looks real good.

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Dean

• Scientist
  • Painting for gaming
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2024, 05:34:09 PM »
Thanks mate
I thought I could see the light at the end of the tunnel … but it was just some sod with a torch bringing me more work!

Offline Dean

• Scientist
  • Painting for gaming
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2024, 03:52:22 PM »
Finished off the last of the ETSY stuff (for now) another unit of lizards that can do double duty in the Reptile army and as Old Ones in 5LB, and I realised that my Fey faction needs some crossbows and some leaders.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2024, 05:19:28 PM »
Sweet. I especially like that many of the figures you use I have never seen before, or even heard of.  A lot of them are 3D prints, did you say?

Offline Dean

• Scientist
  • Painting for gaming
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2024, 02:23:51 PM »
Yes indeed, there’s a huge amount of 3D stuff out there across any fantasy trope you can think of. 

Offline Dean

• Scientist
  • Painting for gaming
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2024, 03:59:33 PM »
Turn 15

“Eventually we reached a clearing in the forest to behold some truly strange creatures, half human, half horse.

Spreet took an arrow early on, but Dorothea healed him.  The enemy closed in fast and Gunnar and Leonidas got stuck into hand-to-hand combat while the archers took out the enemy archers, but the final centaur galloped off into the forest, no doubt to warn his friends.

When we reached where they had camped we found a clue as to where the enemy leaders had a their hideout deeper within the woods.”

Offline Dean

• Scientist
  • Painting for gaming
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2024, 04:01:06 PM »
Turn 16

“We spent the night under the stars and set off early the next morning.  We were working our way deeper into the forest when it appeared the very trees themselves had come alive to hinder our progress!

These devils were tough and it seemed we would never take them all down, but eventually we were faced by nothing but normal trees, though I fear that once again that one of them got away to raise a warning, we would need to be careful.  Both Erik and Ivar went down in the battle, thankfully neither died and in fact Ivar was only stunned, but Erik broke his arm and was sent back to town.”

Offline Dean

• Scientist
  • Painting for gaming
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2024, 04:02:23 PM »
Turn 17

“Finally we found the last bastion of the enemy, this would be our toughest battle yet as we sawing hulking bulls walking upright and a a fully armoured form that had to be the Fey leader

This was our hardest battle yet and at the point where three of my comrades were on the ground, I figured we had bitten off more than we could chew.  My personal duel with the Fey leader lasted for three turns, but finally I, and we, were victorious!

When I came to tally the cost, I found Dorothea with a minor wound, Ivar had been stunned (again!), and Spreet had a very lucky escape. The gods were clearly smiling on us, and the Waybrook Forest seemed somehow more at peace as we travelled through it back to Freefield.”