Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:07:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1729951 times)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #7560 on: November 03, 2017, 10:33:59 PM »
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/talisman

If you look at the link they have all the expansions ready to go! That's one hell of a release, even if it is all already made.
Looks like some of the expansions that were really hard to get are coming back aswell which is nice.

Well that's great news. I was just getting into talsiman when they pulled it from the shelves. I really wanted some of those bigger expansions. Looks like I can get them now!

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #7561 on: November 03, 2017, 10:40:43 PM »
Time for another round of gender politics discussion in miniatures gaming  ;)

So many new releases, even just within AoS recently that I can't keep up with. Passed on Blood Bowl, can't do 40K and Aos, and Necromunda might have to be ignored as well. Blight War, Firestorm and what is looking to be a crap ton of Shadespire are now joined by a very tempting scenery bundle and more Warhammer Quest cards. I need a better paying job or someone to put me out of my misery!  lol

The current consensus on the forums and /TG/ is "Awesome!"
I'm sure someone will kickstart the generic anti female character memes soon enough and we can look forward to some delightful insights into the minds of timmy the eternal sperglord, But for now all is well in the realms.

Also I just really like this mini.The paint it a little thick (Or should that be THICC?), but as with all GW releases the studip aintjob is normally hiding a very cool figure.
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #7562 on: November 03, 2017, 10:53:18 PM »
I've been toying with the idea of sculpting a female Darkoath like that for a while....guess I won't bother now!

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #7563 on: November 03, 2017, 10:56:09 PM »
The current consensus on the forums and /TG/ is "Awesome!"
I'm sure someone will kickstart the generic anti female character memes soon enough and we can look forward to some delightful insights into the minds of timmy the eternal sperglord, But for now all is well in the realms.

Also I just really like this mini.The paint it a little thick (Or should that be THICC?), but as with all GW releases the studip aintjob is normally hiding a very cool figure.

There'll be the noisy 'not another female character' crowd and the 'I want a female equivalent of every GW model' crowd and somewhere in the middle there'll be the vast majority of people who just think 'cool model'.  :D

I'm wondering if this figure is part of some small thing or a bigger set or game box.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #7564 on: November 03, 2017, 11:03:58 PM »
There'll be the noisy 'not another female character' crowd and the 'I want a female equivalent of every GW model' crowd and somewhere in the middle there'll be the vast majority of people who just think 'cool model'.  :D

I'm wondering if this figure is part of some small thing or a bigger set or game box.

I think it's one of the special characters they mentioned a while ago as coming for each alliance next year. They showed the death one a while ago , And with the teaser of a new ,shadowy AOS logo, I'm wondering if we might be getting a new starter set...

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #7565 on: November 03, 2017, 11:14:50 PM »
If they are changing the logo I am guessing something akin to Blightwar

Online boneio

• Scientist
« Reply #7566 on: November 03, 2017, 11:31:19 PM »
That chaos female is just brilliant
I don't like the latest aos khorne stuff at all, it's all bloodskull mcskullstab but she's great

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7567 on: November 04, 2017, 12:04:22 AM »
Don't care for the lady (a bit...stereotypical I guess), but I dislike the Darkoath Chieftain dude as well.  Just rather uninspired/boring miniatures.  Sounds like there is story movement in AoS, or a new army inbound etc.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7568 on: November 04, 2017, 12:21:18 AM »
I always hoped Cathay would be a part of the Warhammer armies. I guess a new army inbound being Cathay would be a bit of a stretch  lol

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #7569 on: November 04, 2017, 12:30:00 AM »
Don't care for the lady (a bit...stereotypical I guess), but I dislike the Darkoath Chieftain dude as well.  Just rather uninspired/boring miniatures.  Sounds like there is story movement in AoS, or a new army inbound etc.

That Drakoath guy is one of more popular base miniature in Inquisimunda crowd.

I agree that he is quite uninspiring... but I saw people do wonders with him..
Go figure..

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #7570 on: November 04, 2017, 12:33:34 AM »
I'm in the middle, it makes sense as chaos is very equal opportunities lol I dont think we need female equivalents of everything(why not do something entirely new?) not sure it would work for things like dark elves as all wytches are female.

I'm with elbows in that neither does anything for me personally, the darkoath chieftain is too big/detailed while the warqueen looks a bit like she was ripped from the latest marvel film, both I think with the right paintjob/conversions could look great.

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #7571 on: November 04, 2017, 11:01:06 AM »
I'm wondering if we might be getting a new starter set...

The logo looks a bit Nurgley with that tarnished finish but a Nurgle themed starter right after Blight War? Unless there's going to be a bunch of new Nurgle models released. I know people are clamoring for pestigors and I've wondered whether we'll see some kind of Nurgle warrior types beyond just Blight Kings. Maybe fantasy versions of the Pox Walkers from 40K? Plus a few things do need updating. Beast of Nurgle is in dire need of a new sculpt as every version since the original 80's one has been utter crap. Great unclean one also is currently no match for the new big demon sculpts and things like Epididididididi-ma-jig are a bit shite by modern standards. January release plus battletome???

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #7572 on: November 04, 2017, 07:29:20 PM »
That chaos female is just brilliant
I don't like the latest aos khorne stuff at all, it's all bloodskull mcskullstab but she's great

I'm with this fella.

Also, I'm sorry GW, but the "Warhammer Hero" image in the article is just too hilarious.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #7573 on: November 05, 2017, 01:37:55 AM »
I have to partially agree with Fram in that although I dislike the mini its a nice change from bloodskull of the skull bloods, wielder of the skull-reaping bloodsword, scourge of the skull reef upon the blood shore of the red ocean...of skulls.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #7574 on: November 05, 2017, 11:23:35 AM »
They released a set of skulls recently.. for all you DIY skullgluerry :)

Maybe they are temporary out of skulls ? :O

[Edit]
Some genius in FB group I follow made most GW thing with the new Skull set  lol lol lol
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 02:25:04 PM by AWu »