Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 06:52:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Zombie Scenerio, terrain, and rules  (Read 16473 times)

Offline moonshado

• Mad Scientist
Re: Zombie Scenerio, terrain, and rules
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2013, 06:43:49 AM »
That is very impressive terrain you are creating there. You have a flair for trashing model cars- all 3 look brilliant.

Offline forlorn

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2013, 03:28:53 PM »
I like the swap out rocket launchers. (or as my kids call them "hittles", because you shouldn't call them missles, they have the word miss in them.)
Im interested in how your rules play, I'll be watching with interest.

From this day forward I will always call them Hittles! That is hilarious!
A dash of salt. A pinch of make believe. A dose of wishful thinking. A smidgen of truth. There you now have the recipe for a rumor.

Offline forlorn

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2013, 03:50:39 AM »
I dug these up from my stash of supplies. They were out of a WWII kit but will work nicely as added scenery.

I have also assembled 6 of these laser cut buildings. The floors come apart so you can place miniatures inside. Should be great fun and full of surprises if searched.

These are the perimeter pylons that the guard were tasked with setting up.

Lastly is an explosion that I came across at a gaming convention. I've bought the supplies to make my own and I thought I'd share.

Offline forlorn

• Librarian
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2013, 05:02:54 AM »
So I did 3 explosion markers of my own after a trip to AC Moore and the Dollar Tree for markers. I think they came out pretty well.

I did a large marker for the melta. Then a smaller marker for the rocket blast and finally the smallest for the grenade blast.

Offline moonshado

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2013, 05:18:34 PM »
I like those explosion markers. Why is it that the smart ideas are always absolutely bleeding obvious, once someone else as done them?

Offline forlorn

• Librarian
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2013, 02:28:44 AM »
I like those explosion markers. Why is it that the smart ideas are always absolutely bleeding obvious, once someone else as done them?

It's amazing. And the little spots of debris in the explosion ties it all together. It looks weird without it.

Offline forlorn

• Librarian
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2013, 03:05:30 AM »
During the scenario the players will come across an abandoned defensive position. I found this set from Ainsty Casting called Flameblade Postapocalyptic Defences.

I didn't care for the tires so the owner of http://www.recreationalconflict.com/ was nice enough to swap pieces around for me, so that it would allow me to create a complete walled defensive position. I've nearly got the set complete and pics will follow shortly but here is the first completed piece.

The dirt patches I did with sand instead of just painting the dirt that was cast on the piece. I think it looks a lot better with the sand that's inked and drybrushed.

Offline forlorn

• Librarian
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2013, 05:16:42 AM »
That is very impressive terrain you are creating there. You have a flair for trashing model cars- all 3 look brilliant.

Thanks so much. The windows came out better than I'd hoped. The grey worked wonderfully.

Offline forlorn

• Librarian
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2013, 03:21:53 PM »
Here are a bunch of the pieces for the stronghold fully painted with the sand just having been applied.

Although these pieces are fairly long my only complaint would be the small lengths that most of the sections are. It's not a big deal but the more pieces the more gaps between pieces, but it does allow for greater options as far as setup.

Offline forlorn

• Librarian
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2013, 06:23:49 AM »
Here is the completed defenses.

The entire complex

The small building

Some close ups of the wall sections

In honor of Rorke's Drift. The redoubt.

Offline forlorn

• Librarian
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2013, 11:25:08 PM »
I started work on my Studio Miniatures German Zombie Officer. The coat is finished. Now to get the boots, details, and flesh completed. He will be the first zombie the players encounter as he shambles into view.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:14:45 AM by forlorn »

Offline moonshado

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2013, 05:52:29 AM »
That greatcoat is very impressive, love the way you have painted it so that all the colour appears to have leached out of the coat. Looking forward to seeing this figure complete.

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2013, 06:11:28 AM »
Some great stuff going on here.
Well done!
Below is a link to my blog. It's the place where I write uninteresting things about little toy soldiers. I do this because I refuse to grow up and behave like an adult.

http://this28mmlife.blogspot.com.au/

Offline forlorn

• Librarian
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2013, 06:07:23 AM »
So here is the Undead Officer completed.

There was something missing..ah yes..blood!

Offline forlorn

• Librarian
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2013, 06:15:08 AM »
That greatcoat is very impressive, love the way you have painted it so that all the colour appears to have leached out of the coat. Looking forward to seeing this figure complete.

Thank you for the compliment. This actually happened completely by accident. I originally wanted to paint him similar to the Studio Miniatures figure they have pictured on the website.

When I attempted to do the highlighting on the black it looked horrible. I tried a dark grey tick highlight following the same highlighted areas as on the picture with a khaki/grey highlight on that to terrible effect. It just looked like lines. So I decided to do the entire coat in codex grey (or whatever it's called now) then washed with Devlan Mud (the greatest wash known to man) and then highlighted from there. I did a codex grey highlight over the washed grey then a mix of white/codex grey highlight on the edges.