Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 06:16:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Latest mini received  (Read 982719 times)

Online JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
Re: Latest mini received
« Reply #2760 on: December 01, 2009, 02:20:12 PM »
Ah, I think I'm alright on that score. Thankfully, the twenty squid I "acidentally" blew on lead has been eclipsed by the three hundred I had so shell out this morning to get the car fixed. She'll probably let me off as it's "therapy" or something. 

Works for her with shoes, after all... lol

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2761 on: December 02, 2009, 03:06:26 AM »
Works for her with shoes, after all... lol

Truer words have never been spoken....

Offline archangel1

• Mastermind
« Reply #2762 on: December 02, 2009, 05:39:24 AM »
Finally got my order from Conquest MiniaturesSeven weeks to the day from date of order! Didn't even see the inside of a post office for literally a month.  I've received stuff from Australia in just over a week so I don't know why it took so long from California.  Not exactly what I'd call 'service'.  I had considered ordering from England (probably would have had it in a week) if not for the fact it would have cost me nearly $40 CDN more than what I did pay.  If it had been only a few dollars' difference, I might have still done it.  I'll have to think seriously before I decide whether to place a second order.

The figures themselves are very nice and the resin canoe is excellent.  Much better than my old RAFM ones.  In some ways, the figures remind me a bit of Bob Murch's style, which I like - clean and simple.  Anyone else have that impression?
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2763 on: December 02, 2009, 09:38:34 AM »
Finally got my order from Conquest MiniaturesSeven weeks to the day from date of order! Didn't even see the inside of a post office for literally a month.  I've received stuff from Australia in just over a week so I don't know why it took so long from California.  Not exactly what I'd call 'service'.  I had considered ordering from England (probably would have had it in a week) if not for the fact it would have cost me nearly $40 CDN more than what I did pay.  If it had been only a few dollars' difference, I might have still done it.  I'll have to think seriously before I decide whether to place a second order.

The figures themselves are very nice and the resin canoe is excellent.  Much better than my old RAFM ones.  In some ways, the figures remind me a bit of Bob Murch's style, which I like - clean and simple.  Anyone else have that impression?

Please checkout his website as Eric sites a reason for the delay.

http://www.conquestminiatures.com/

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
« Reply #2764 on: December 02, 2009, 10:08:20 AM »
3 4 figure-packs of British infantry from BEF miniatures, looovely :-*

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2765 on: December 02, 2009, 11:02:59 AM »
A pack of the AWI Southern Militia firing line from Perry, for use as F&IW settlers.  Lovely.
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 38
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline archangel1

• Mastermind
« Reply #2766 on: December 02, 2009, 01:10:11 PM »
Helen, I read Eric's explanation but, seven weeks? Over the past couple of years, I've ordered from various American states, England, Germany, Australia and even Poland, and nothing has taken more than about 3 weeks max.  I would have thought that since the problem had cropped up once before, it would have made sense to keep an eye on things to make sure it wasn't happening again.  My biggest complaint is that there was not a single word of explanation for the delay, not even in response to the email I sent last him last week regarding my missing order.

(Don't know where my earlier reply got to.  I originally posted this around 6AM this morning!)

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2767 on: December 02, 2009, 08:18:42 PM »
Helen, I read Eric's explanation but, seven weeks? Over the past couple of years, I've ordered from various American states, England, Germany, Australia and even Poland, and nothing has taken more than about 3 weeks max.  I would have thought that since the problem had cropped up once before, it would have made sense to keep an eye on things to make sure it wasn't happening again.  My biggest complaint is that there was not a single word of explanation for the delay, not even in response to the email I sent last him last week regarding my missing order.

(Don't know where my earlier reply got to.  I originally posted this around 6AM this morning!)

Thanks A. I've had  a problem with a UK company, but I'll not named them here as they finally replied to me after I'd PayPal open a query to my order. Mind you it took some administration on my part to get to this point.

Heavens to M... You would think that compaines would be pulling out all the stops to get your business - Maybe, I'm incorrect in my assumptions!

Helen

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #2768 on: December 03, 2009, 12:20:55 AM »
Those lovely new systems troopers from Pig iron and some extra heads for a few conversion Ideas.

The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline keeper

• Mad Scientist
  • All your dice are belong to us
    • Prince Azalea's World of Wonders
« Reply #2769 on: December 03, 2009, 03:24:38 PM »
Received some of the ridged rim aliens from Gary Mitchell.  Very nice minis :D

Offline RJ

• Scientist
    • http://rjpainting.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2770 on: December 03, 2009, 06:25:38 PM »
popped into my local gaming store and low and behold they had a 30% off sale on all warmachine products so i bought the first few minis for a Retribution force:

- Heavy Myrmidon set
- Magister of sheel solo
- Arcanist Solo

could of bought so much more but mrs RJ would have noticed a big bag...
Check out my blog here:

http://rjpainting.blogspot.com/

Accepting painting comissions

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2771 on: December 03, 2009, 07:09:42 PM »
Don't suppose they're doing that sale via mail order? I could do with picking up a couple of things :)
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline RJ

• Scientist
    • http://rjpainting.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2772 on: December 03, 2009, 07:41:18 PM »
Nope, theyre just a shop based in Reading im afraid

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2773 on: December 04, 2009, 02:09:27 AM »
28 Crusader Thracians

24 SLM Mice free from a very nice chap on Frothers ..Mr Beaker

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2774 on: December 04, 2009, 01:43:13 PM »

Some Reaper figures from eBay;

1 Mummy
1 Mummy King
1 Succubus
2 Dancing Girls
1 Male Knight
1 Female Adventurer
2 Hobbits
1 Dwarf Warrior
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/