Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:20:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1692253
  • Total Topics: 118449
  • Online Today: 674
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Adding Fantasy Elements to Pikeman's Lament?  (Read 814 times)

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
    • Wyrd Stones and Tackle Zones
Adding Fantasy Elements to Pikeman's Lament?
« on: January 18, 2022, 07:06:20 PM »
Has anyone tweaked or added Fantasy to their Pikeman's Lament games? I would assume, one would simply take the fantasy rules from Dragon Rampant and bolt them on to PL units, much like that's all DR really is to Lion Rampant....LR with fantasy rules tacked on. I guess doing Single/Reduced model units might also work n PL so long as the wounds are tracked?

Offline Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Adding Fantasy Elements to Pikeman's Lament?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 08:15:14 PM »
Try typing Enhanced Rampant into your search engine,there's a link to Richard Cowan's site on there that seems just what you're looking for(sorry hopeless at linking  :?) :)

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
    • Wyrd Stones and Tackle Zones
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 08:28:22 PM »
Try typing Enhanced Rampant into your search engine,there's a link to Richard Cowan's site on there that seems just what you're looking for(sorry hopeless at linking  :?) :)

Yes, perfect, thank you!

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 04:58:07 AM »

Very nice find!

Enhanced Rampant is here, to save others the minor hassle of a quick web search: https://richardcowen.wordpress.com/2017/12/19/wargaming-enhanced-rampant/

Bookmarked that to have a look at later, as one of my slow burn projects is pike and shot fantasy.

I can report that the Warlord plastic ECW/TYW figures are very compatible with Northstar's Frostgrave fantasy plastics. They use the same setup for shoulders and arms which makes arm swaps easy, and one of the FG Wizards boxes can set you up with loads of bits to add magic flavour to Warlord plastic ECW folks.

A few of my pike and shot fantasy conversions: http://www.warbard.ca/2019/04/24/the-trumpeter-salute-2019-haul/

Offline bonewolf22

• Student
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 04:47:26 AM »
I haven't had the chance to playtest it yet but I intend to put together an army for Dragon Rampant games using Pikeman's Lament rules. I feel Pikeman's Lament better represents the Warhammer Empire's level of technology and organization than the units presented in Dragon Rampant. After comparing the stats of units between the games side by side they're fairly similar bar a different Shoot or Range value here and there. Strength Points are very easy to port over and Stamina and Armor are functionally identical between both rulesets.

Offline Radar

• Librarian
    • KeepYourPowderDry
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2022, 08:57:27 AM »
Whilst out of print the Witchfinder General website is still accessible - there might be a few bits on there that could help you (there are a few additional rules on the site, and the remains of the forum could give you a few ideas)

http://www.dashingdicegames.co.uk/
www.keepyourpowderdry.co.uk gaming the British Civil Wars in 15mm, and home of the ECW travelogue - dreadful painting, mediocre prose