Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 02:46:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Is there a US or UK stockist of Fireforge barded horses?  (Read 666 times)

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Is there a US or UK stockist of Fireforge barded horses?
« on: April 20, 2024, 03:28:47 AM »
Postage from Italy is a little high, so I was wondering is there a UK or US stockist of Fireforge barded horse sprues?

Offline Kelly_

• Bookworm
  • ...the underscore is silent
Re: Is there a US or UK stockist of Fireforge barded horses?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2024, 04:02:02 AM »
Noble Knight Games has carried Fireforge / Deus Vult, but I think they only have boxes not individual sprues.
If my wife asks, I only spent half as much as I wanted to...

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2024, 06:16:50 AM »
Do they have to be Fireforge barded horses? I have Gripping Beast metal barded horses from their Templar and Teutonic range of figures. Size-wise I believe they are compatible. I am looking to sell them. I am in Canada. Let me know if i tetested. How many do you need?
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2024, 02:44:51 AM »
https://thesprueshop.co.uk/ols/products/barded-horse-sprue
I thought it was a good deal, each sprue for around $4.55 with the exchange rate, but postage is £13 International Economy Sea mail or £27 International Tracked. Might be able to save more by ordering 6 sprues, for 12 horse, but will have to check Fireforge to compare prices.

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2024, 02:51:36 AM »
Do they have to be Fireforge barded horses? I have Gripping Beast metal barded horses from their Templar and Teutonic range of figures. Size-wise I believe they are compatible. I am looking to sell them. I am in Canada. Let me know if i tetested. How many do you need?

I need these as remounts for 6th Edition Bretonnian knights. I don't like the Bretonnian warhorses that are re-releases from a range that came out 20 years ago, as they're too big and are wide enough to be cows, so I'm selling them and sales are funding the replacements. The riders will be remounted on either 5th Edition Bretonnian horses from the 90s and Perry ones. Based on an old LAF thread, Fireforge horses are about the same size as Perry plastic ones and they take Perry horse heads and older versions of GW barded horse heads.

AFAIK, the Gripping Beast metal ones might be on the smaller side.  :-I   

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2024, 02:55:00 AM »
Noble Knight Games has carried Fireforge / Deus Vult, but I think they only have boxes not individual sprues.
They have sprues of Steppe Horses, but those are out of stock.

Offline Merlon

• Assistant
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2024, 05:47:29 AM »
I thought it was a good deal, each sprue for around $4.55 with the exchange rate, but postage is £13 International Economy Sea mail or £27 International Tracked. Might be able to save more by ordering 6 sprues, for 12 horse, but will have to check Fireforge to compare prices.
Problem is the 45th President decided to "bribe" the  Universal Postal Union in 2019 as part of  trade war with China. As such everyone in the world sending packages to United States 'benefits' from massively increased postal costs.

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2024, 01:53:06 PM »
Without getting into politics, that's what massively made me order less outside of the Netherlands ( and inside it's friggin' expensive too, something to do with a "controlled" free postal market when your country is way too small for a functional free market  ::))
Leadhead