Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:59:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: WGA Plastic Foot Knights - Anyone have a scale comparison?  (Read 1743 times)

Offline Knight-Captain Tyr

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone's managed to pick up some of the Wargames Atlantic plastic Foot Knights yet - and if so, if they'd be good enough to post a side-by-side scale comparison with other plastics (e.g. Victrix, Fireforge, Gripping Beast, etc).

They look like a great kit - but slightly concerned they'll be too small to go with Victrix!

Cheers
" ... the seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."

-Thrall Flavor Text, Myth: The Fallen Lords

Offline fairoaks024

• Mastermind
Re: WGA Plastic Foot Knights - Anyone have a scale comparison?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2024, 10:34:05 PM »
I’m waiting for some currently, I’ll post them up when they arrive if you don’t get any answers sooner.

According to mr. Hobday they are the same size as the barons war figures. Those are smaller than Victrix.
Cult of the black goat cultist No.10

Offline SJWi

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2024, 06:04:01 AM »
Given that Footsore are selling them on their website one would hope they match their medieval metals.

Offline Knight-Captain Tyr

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2024, 09:09:29 AM »
I’m waiting for some currently, I’ll post them up when they arrive if you don’t get any answers sooner.

According to mr. Hobday they are the same size as the barons war figures. Those are smaller than Victrix.

Star, thanks - that would be great if you can.

Fully expecting them to be Baron's War scaled i.e. a bit too small to mix with Victrix. But there's a bit of variance (I thought) in the BW range, so keen to see exactly how the scale is.

Oddly, I'm less bothered about the likes of peasant levy being smaller - it's the better-fed knighthood that would bother me!

Offline fairoaks024

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2024, 11:09:46 PM »
I’ve had the tracking email from the post office. Should be due with me on Thursday

Offline RedRowan

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2024, 07:11:27 PM »
Missed the delivery of my box today but I had ordered an extra sprue off eBay which they managed to fit in the mail box.

Managed to assemble one figure and take a couple of quick shots that people might find useful.

This first image is a metal Barons War knight, new plastic knight, and a Victrix Armoured Norman.

The second image is a metal Barons War knight, new plastic knight, and Crusader Miniatures knight.

Really pleased with the level of details on these and I'm very much looking forward to the next releases.

Steve

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2024, 07:16:06 PM »
They do look really good... How do they compare to the metal Barons War range? Is the texture of the chainmail similar or noticeably different? Once painted up side by side do you think you'd be able to tell the difference?

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2024, 08:40:37 PM »
Thank you for the picture. Those plastic knights seem to be a perfect match for the metals. I need to order a box. :)

Offline RedRowan

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2024, 10:04:36 PM »
The mail is sculpted a little differently. I think when painted if you are looking at them up close there will be a difference. At anything further than arms length though I’d think you will struggle to see any difference given the scale.

Steve

Offline Sleepy Snoozy Skeletons

• Bookworm
  • Where's my coffee?
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2024, 10:24:10 AM »
First one I see out in the wild. Thanks for the pics :)

They look pretty much how i hoped they'd look. A bit slimmer and taller than Victrix but it looks like they'll still mix up pretty well/can be used for kitbashing. Now my local stores just need to get their stock shipped.
My WIP Thread

Instruments of destruction
Tools of foul play
It's a vile interruption
Existence drifts away