Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:45:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Ruined City / Temple Bases?  (Read 1411 times)

Offline throwsFireball

• Scientist
Ruined City / Temple Bases?
« on: April 05, 2016, 07:38:25 PM »
Hey, guys. I've started up a 30k (Horus Heresy) Night Lords project and I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on finding some bases.

I wanted to avoid "blood and skulls" and go for more like ruined gothic cities to contrast with their futuristic armour and to hint at their darker, gothic horror novel style nature.

I spotted Ruins of Sanctuary but they might be a bit out of my price range. They're almost exactly what I'm looking for, though. Something along these lines:

Anyone got any ideas?

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Re: Ruined City / Temple Bases?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 09:19:21 PM »
Our local Pound Land shop has a wide range of jewellery, earrings etc. with a range of patterns/ shapes / crosses etc. As they are made of thin metal they should be easy to cut & then glue to a base, then mix some sand with wood/PVA glue. Spread that over the jewellery (to fill gaps/half bury ruins) spot of dry=brushing & the jobs a good-un.
ALSO
The Works has a nice line of laser-cut shapes. One pack is full of various (Gothic looking) crosses, while other (possibly of use) packs include lattice frames, which when cut up look like broken iron work.
Hope this is of some use to you.

Offline throwsFireball

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 10:11:45 PM »
Our local Pound Land shop has a wide range of jewellery, earrings etc. with a range of patterns/ shapes / crosses etc. As they are made of thin metal they should be easy to cut & then glue to a base, then mix some sand with wood/PVA glue. Spread that over the jewellery (to fill gaps/half bury ruins) spot of dry=brushing & the jobs a good-un.
ALSO
The Works has a nice line of laser-cut shapes. One pack is full of various (Gothic looking) crosses, while other (possibly of use) packs include lattice frames, which when cut up look like broken iron work.
Hope this is of some use to you.

These are really solid ideas, thanks.

Now to navigate the awful shame that is The Works website.

Offline Sbloom141

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 10:17:22 PM »
Just chipping in the thread to say that I've found the Works to be a source of hobby gold! I'd have to see it in person, though. Quality is always variable!

Online Cosmotiger

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 04:07:35 PM »
www.dragonforge.com has several types of ruined temple/city bases, some of which of are skull-free. I don't know your ideal price range, but depending on the size, they are $10-$15 for a set of ten round bases.