Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 10:29:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Painter's Block Going?  (Read 1701 times)

Offline jnr

• Scientist
    • Jnr Paint & Model Shop
Painter's Block Going?
« on: November 13, 2010, 12:21:32 AM »
Been playing a MMO EQ2X lately as its free now, but I have miniatures to paint up so it was time to buckle down, but am in no hurry, the witch I been dieing to do for awhile and the formless was repainted as I did not get the result I wanted first time around, and the mummy was a quick paint up.
 All so did the standing stones I have had sense early summer.

I have posted on my Blog for the simple reason you can click and zoom in, hope you like them as for the best part they came out like I imagined how I wanted them to, this picture is just a taster,  there more individual pictures on my Blog
All commits welcome.
James

Blog http://jnrpaintshop.blogspot.com/

Offline blackstone

• Mastermind
    • Toad King Castings
Re: Painter's Block Going?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 06:31:28 PM »
The formless thing is great! Love the magnetised tentacle and body in the mouth. Btw is the stone platform and steps scratchbuild.. that's nice terrain. Conversion on the witch is cool too...much better without the pointy hat.

Offline jnr

• Scientist
    • Jnr Paint & Model Shop
Re: Painter's Block Going?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 08:42:25 PM »

Thank you for the commits
That Formless Thing must have been painted at lest 5 times, till I nearly got it how I wanted.
Used a airbrush first coat deep blue then shadows with a black wash the high lights was with a old bottle of GW metallic blue, then a overall spray of black to tune done the metallic blue ,the idea was to let the blue metallic shine  its way through, looked ok in the day light, but could not capture that in the picture, so I use Fairy Power Spray ( a strong oven grease degreaser, but removes acrylic paint) on a cotton bud to remove some of the black on the high light’s  that did the trick, and the shine is natural  no varnish, was a coat of varnish on it when I repainted.

Uncle Mike made the commit once how he wanted a modern witch to look like, and I some what agree with him, but every one is making pointy hat witches, so of came the hat was tempted to give her a hood or a scarf , but went with hair, think my self to much hair my be thinner, it more or less worked out.

Both these sites sells the Stone Alter and both in the UK, got mine from Second City  then found the
Scotia Grendel site .
http://www.secondcity.org.uk/page6.htm
http://www.scotiagrendel.com/Products/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_40&sort=20a&page=2