Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 10:09:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Poll

Which figures from the range would you like to see next?

Cybertech
32 (28.6%)
Yoyodyne
19 (17%)
Phagon
30 (26.8%)
Sarday'kin
15 (13.4%)
Other - please specify below
16 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Author Topic: Spacelords Re-Release General discussion.  (Read 63439 times)

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
Re: Spacelords (metal magic) poll.
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2014, 03:54:23 PM »
I can also see how it happens and agree with you regarding civilian models.

I just never understood the logic of EM4 releasing such a small selection. It's no wonder they didn't sell better. What can you really do with six Cybertech troopers?

Since then, Doug has hinted that more would trickle out, but it's been years now. And to make matters worse, the popular ones, such as the Phagon Beastmen, tend to be regularly out of stock. So, someone is buying them…

I just wish the whole range was available. And I am a curmudgeon. lol

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2014, 04:18:49 PM »
because this place is full of older guys who already have far more spacemen with guns than they need.
That statement makes no sense, Paul - and you know it. :)
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline Viruz

• Scientist
    • The Metal Magic Forum is closed
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2014, 04:25:56 PM »
Also I've never understood why Doug has acquired the rights and Molds backed up, but brings so few miniatures on the market.
Since 1996, the Spacelords miniatures have disappeared from the market.   :'(
Until the few who em-4 Minaitures in the range.
I buy old Spacelords Miniatures from Hobby Products !
- Cybertech, Bunkerbreaker, Yoyodyne, Sarday´kin, Phagon -

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2014, 04:28:45 PM »
Hello everyone and thanks to Ray. This amount of interest is great and I'm hoping the poll is going to be really useful for me. I understand the frustration some people are feeling about the lack of movement on re-releasing the range. There's a whole lot of reasons which I won't bore you with, not least of which is that it's only recently I got a vulcaniser up and running again. Previously, any mould-making had to be contracted out and that's not cheap.

Regarding "retiring". In a way, I already am - partially anyway. em4 mail order is a separate entity and functions quite happily without me. However, since I'm out of a lot of the day-to-day stuff, I'm now spending more time on the miniatures side. There will be a gradually expanding amount of stuff available via Forlorn Hope and for me, Spacelords will be a priority along with making more fantasy warriors available to FH.

Incidentally, as I've told a few people already, eny miniatures that are on the em4 website but are marked out of stock can be ordered directly from me by email so long as you can pay by Paypal.

Doug

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2014, 04:33:43 PM »
There will be a gradually expanding amount of stuff available via Forlorn Hope and for me, Spacelords will be a priority…

Brilliant news!

…as I've told a few people already, eny miniatures that are on the em4 website but are marked out of stock can be ordered directly from me by email so long as you can pay by Paypal.

Also brilliant news!

Thanks for the clarification Doug. Now, get on with it. ;)

Offline krieghund

• Scientist
  • Beyond all Reason
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2014, 05:46:14 PM »
Spacelords will be a priority along with making more fantasy warriors available to FH. 

Can you hear that.......

That's a wallet sobbing in the dark.

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2014, 06:11:23 PM »
a wallet sobbing in the dark.
At least it's not alone in doing so. =)

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2014, 08:01:45 PM »
At least it's not alone in doing so. =)

No pressure, then....

Doug

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2014, 08:09:34 PM »
No pressure, then....

Doug
None at all. ;)

I'm currently having fun painting up Spacelords minis  for skirmishing in a 40K-ish universe using Pulp Alley. I have enough to last me the rest of the year and then some. Still, these news that you're seriously considering expanding your Spacelords offering has got me a sliiight bit excited.

Offline Fates Fickle Finger

• Scientist
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2014, 09:25:15 PM »
I think that the wave of nostalgia going on right now is very conducive to bringing the Spacelords range to market. I and several members at my local club are into In the emperors name at the moment and would snap up some of that "old school" goodness! If you got some good fan exposure and painted minis floating about on the relevent forums I am sure they would fly. Add to the fact that EM4 castings are about the best in the business and we are there!
Looking forward to adding some more goodies to fight along side my Cobalt and Asgard minis

FFF

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2014, 10:09:05 PM »
If you got some good fan exposure and painted minis floating about on the relevent forums I am sure they would fly. Add to the fact that EM4 castings are about the best in the business and we are there!

Most definitely that.

And FFF, Cobalt and Asgard? We demand pictures! lol

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2014, 09:20:49 AM »
A further thought. New releases will probably be sold in sets or groups. I doubt if demand would justify one code per mould so mixed moulds would be the order of the day. With mixed moulds, if codes are sold individually, there always some that sell out quicker than the others. If the mould is then spun to get more of them, a lot of the less well selling codes are made as well. These then languish in the storage bins, not earning their keep. This has happened with the current releases and I think they will also have to be sold as sets eventually.

Doug

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2014, 09:39:03 AM »
A further thought. New releases will probably be sold in sets or groups. I doubt if demand would justify one code per mould so mixed moulds would be the order of the day. With mixed moulds, if codes are sold individually, there always some that sell out quicker than the others. If the mould is then spun to get more of them, a lot of the less well selling codes are made as well. These then languish in the storage bins, not earning their keep. This has happened with the current releases and I think they will also have to be sold as sets eventually.

Doug
Makes sense from a business perspective. How large would a set be, if it's based on a mold?

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2014, 10:35:23 AM »
I wouldn't mind sets at all. If it can also help to keep the cost down it is no problem for me at all.

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2014, 10:44:47 AM »
On average, I'd say about 3 "human" size figures to a mould. Ideally, I'd like 5 cavities of each different code per mould, so, if I can squeeze 15 in one mould, that would give us a set of 3.

Doug