Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:17:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694122
  • Total Topics: 118582
  • Online Today: 606
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Aztec Eagle Knight Captain  (Read 6729 times)

Offline Axebreaker

• Mastermind
Re: Aztec Eagle Knight Captain
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 03:35:44 PM »
Beautiful work! :-*

Is that the new Foundry Native American flesh triad you've used for the skin...?

Ty :) and yes it's the new Foundry South American flesh triad,but I did take it a bit further and added some white to the C bottle giving another highlight layer.

Must say I wouldnt fancy doing a WAB army with them but you could have a nice bash with a skirmish game

That's understood,but 42mm increases everything in size to do it.Like I said 42mm just seems like a model and not a miniature.I understand the desire as it's easier to paint in this size for detail work,but then at that size it's better suited for dioramas then playing. ;)

Cheers
Christopher

P.S.Even though I'm not doing it,I'm interested in seeing yours and Helen's efforts. :)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 03:42:15 PM »
Ty :) and yes it's the new Foundry South American flesh triad,but I did take it a bit further and added some white to the C bottle giving another highlight layer.

That's understood,but 42mm increases everything in size to do it.Like I said 42mm just seems like a model and not a miniature.I understand the desire as it's easier to paint in this size for detail work,but then at that size it's better suited for dioramas then playing. ;)

Cheers
Christopher

P.S.Even though I'm not doing it,I'm interested in seeing yours and Helen's efforts. :)

My aztecs are photographed somewhere here as Atlanteans ;D I still have quite a few to do and lots of others but it has seriously stalled. My only painting recently for Meso America has been Tupi etc which is for a large skirmish game in the works :D

and my painting is nowhere near as good as yours or Helens so I dont want to embarass myself :D

Offline Axebreaker

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 03:47:17 PM »
My aztecs are photographed somewhere here as Atlanteans ;D I still have quite a few to do and lots of others but it has seriously stalled. My only painting recently for Meso America has been Tupi etc which is for a large skirmish game in the works :D

and my painting is nowhere near as good as yours or Helens so I dont want to embarass myself :D

My meaning was at 42mm.Also,don't worry about how good they are as we are all here to support each other in our hobby. ;) :)

Cheers
Christopher

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 05:21:26 PM »
Lovely, thanks for sharing.

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 08:34:04 PM »
They are indeed lovely sculpts,but 42mm is in my opinion no longer wargame miniature painting and more in the area of modeling and such which I consider a different area.I'm a miniature wargames player/painter and as of yet I haven't moved into the modeling area just yet.Someday I might as Steve sculpts really are nice,but I think it will take me long enough to just get the miniatures I want to wargame with done! lol

Cheers
Christopher

Yes Chris in what you are saying would be correct. It would be more modelling than anything an it's a scale I wish to explore for other genre in the future and maybe as part of my business.

I'm still building up the portfolio of periods, but I for one love the Mesoamericans period whether they are from Wargames Foundry, Eureka or Outpost the colours are just brillant.

Helen

Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Axebreaker

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 08:48:26 PM »
Yes Chris in what you are saying would be correct. It would be more modelling than anything an it's a scale I wish to explore for other genre in the future and maybe as part of my business.

I'm still building up the portfolio of periods, but I for one love the Mesoamericans period whether they are from Wargames Foundry, Eureka or Outpost the colours are just brillant.

Helen

I looking forward to seeing your efforts and I agree the Meso American period offers some real opportunities to explore color and detail work not normally encountered. :)

Cheers
Christopher

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2010, 02:38:54 AM »

That's a really nice, colourful figures. Great work! 8)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Axebreaker

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2010, 12:27:22 PM »
Thank you and I have more in plans to do.I'm pretty pumped about exploring the colors. :)

Cheers
Christopher