Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 04:48:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Constable Bertrand's Fantasy Thread - P4 Rust-Opus "Can Opener"  (Read 7497 times)

Offline Basementboy

• Mad Scientist
  • Happy little chappy from the mythical ingerland
They look great! Love the backstories for all of them as well :D

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
Not necessarily cheap, given that the other two figures in the pack might not be useful to you, but Perry Miniatures makes a pretty nice Joan.

https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product/ao33-jeanne-d-arc-la-hire-bastard-of-orleans-all-mounted/

I’m pretty sure Neldoreth used one in his late medieval army a while back, but I could be mistaken about that. Given that the Perrys sculpted quite a few of the 1990s Bretonnians, their Joan might fit in style-wise.

Edit: yup, he did use that figure http://www.hourofwolves.org/?view=armies&which=bretonnia&pic=8
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 11:35:17 PM by Pattus Magnus »

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
Oh they look fantastic! Not sure how well they'd do in a dungeon, with all them horsies, but they look great.

One question though: who's Odo?

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Great stuff, love the beast men and the knights. :-*
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Oh they look fantastic! Not sure how well they'd do in a dungeon, with all them horsies, but they look great.

One question though: who's Odo?

He's the White and Red Perry Bro's mini on page 2 :)
Yeah they wont do well at all in a dungeon, but we all know bret horsies are better warriors than bret knights. So perhaps they could fit?

Great stuff, love the beast men and the knights. :-*

Thanks Malamute!

They look great! Love the backstories for all of them as well :D

Thanks Basement it's all part of the fun, especially for these questing knights covered in trinkets from their journeys. I am sure they will never last long on table, but after all the effort of collecting and painting they can at least have some back storey development.

Not necessarily cheap, given that the other two figures in the pack might not be useful to you, but Perry Miniatures makes a pretty nice Joan.

https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product/ao33-jeanne-d-arc-la-hire-bastard-of-orleans-all-mounted/

I’m pretty sure Neldoreth used one in his late medieval army a while back, but I could be mistaken about that. Given that the Perrys sculpted quite a few of the 1990s Bretonnians, their Joan might fit in style-wise.

Edit: yup, he did use that figure http://www.hourofwolves.org/?view=armies&which=bretonnia&pic=8

Oh nice that doesnt look too bad, and certainly fits in with the style, I have the correct Bretonnian Perry Joan horse, just not Joan herself. So I am hoping I can find the other half on ebay but that option is so much cheaper than 80AUD-170AUD for a mini. Thanks for the link and suggestion!

Cheers
Matt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Re: Constable Bertrand's Fantasy Thread - P4 Rust-Opus "Can Opener"
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2024, 11:36:25 AM »
The pounding of drums and the sound of running boots on stone is only one of the horrors that lay below in the dungeon darkness. One of the truly horrifying sounds to all would be heroes is the high pitched screech of stressed metal ripping asunder, echoing down the labyrinthine passages, the sound of large wet objects squelching against the stone walls, and the squeals from the goblins as they avoid the area.

The Rust-Opus has a mighty armoured hide on its rear in which it can completely hide when necessary from the larger dungeon monsters. It's high iron diet, consumed from all the fallen swords and warriors, is broken down in its gut and pushed out and grown like a steel seashell. Once a decade it malts its old home having grown too big and begins to grow anew. In this small window the Rust-Opus is its most vulnerable and resorts to its 8 long tentacles and razor sharp beak to protect itself. It eats its old shell then and there to give a boost to its new home construction costs. Then ambles its way, leaving slime in its wake as it devours all steel detritus it can reach.

This is a formidable foe for an adventurer, especially those clad in armour who refer to it as the "Can opener"

The best you can hope for is avoiding its poor sense of smell, and staying in its blind spot, which just happens to be directly infront of its beak.

This beastie was crafted from oven baked clay ontop of a wire armature and tin foil. Having seen Dan Does and Bill Making Stuff on YouTube I was tempted to give the sculpting thing a go, it was quite good fun for a bulky thing that didn't need to look like anything real. I did the old hot glue gun thing for the slime and some brush on gloss varnish for the eyes and tentacles.

Cheers
Matt

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2024, 03:04:56 AM »
It's so grody, I love it!

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2024, 09:58:20 PM »
It's a bigun too pete 4inch x 4inch base!
Need something for epic boss battles right!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2024, 01:52:19 PM »
VERY WELL DONE! That is a splendidly disturbing creation. I love your color choices as well.
Bill Making Stuff, Dan Does, & a bunch more of the YouTubers are indeed a fine source of motivation & inspiration.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx