Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 01:47:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691665
  • Total Topics: 118415
  • Online Today: 683
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Grimdark Warzone  (Read 1713 times)

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
Grimdark Warzone
« on: August 26, 2022, 11:59:40 AM »
So we have been playing a lot of Stargrave games but set in the Warzone universe. Recently we wanted to have some bigger games and switched over to the excellent Grimdark rules.
The Bauhaus and Imperial industrial combines have recently become aware of psychic disturbances centered on an ancient temple in a remote part of Venus. Both side rushed forces to the site to investigate.

My typical saving throw.

Follow me men!

Eventually a Bauhaus squad got into the temple and was able to hold it against all attackers.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: Grimdark Warzone
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 12:44:40 PM »
Looking great!

And I've (not so recently) fallen a bit for Warzone, so I certainly appreciate this! 8)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 12:49:05 PM »
Great stuff
I'm also a fan of the Grimdark rules though we use the more pedestrian 40k figures.

Which force lists did you use?

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 01:17:42 PM »
We both used the Human defense force lists.
The second chapter is incoming when I can face Imgur again.

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2022, 04:43:59 AM »
Thanks,
I've only tried that list once. Got trounced by my son's Tao.

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2022, 04:15:48 PM »
Great to see those figures on the table. You get them from Prince August or when they were sold originally in the 1990s?

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2022, 09:30:01 AM »
No I have bought them all in recent years some from Prince August and others privately.
I was aware off them in the 90s and saw the range develop. Target games was in Leith and I used to visit the office now and then. But thought them a bit silly to be honest. I am now rather taken with their chunky simplicity. I think the style suits my painting style nowadays.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 11:20:55 AM by swiftnick »

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2022, 11:07:12 AM »
No I have bought them all in recent years some from Prince August and others privately.
I was aware off them in the 90s and saw the range develop. Target ganes was in Leith then. But thought them a bit silly to be honest. I am now rather taken with their chunky simplicity.

I can (and will :D ) echo all of the above myself...  :)

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2022, 11:18:17 AM »
Last weeks game.
The Bauhaus and Imperial corporations has fought for possession of ancient ruins that seemed to be the center of psychic phenomenon. Bauhaus winning the prize dug deep and unearthed a strange metal Globe. As soon as the Globe was revealed technology started to fail all round the dig. Unable to call in a dropship the troops started to load the Globe onto an armoured transport. Of course the engine failed. As the desperate driver tried to turn the engine over. There came the warning of movement in the trees.
Strange mishapen figures were seen advancing Captain Van Rental ordered his troops to take up defensive positions and buy time for the Globe to be removed. The scientists and mechanics scurried to get the Globe loaded under the sinister gaze of Agent Stilleto the Bauhaus head of military intelligence.

Captain Herz Van Rental a true hero who has died many times in the service of the glorious Bauhaus corporation here holding off the mutant attackers.

The driver finally got the transport going and it sped to safety with bullets pinging off it's armour.
The task completed the Bauhaus forces melted away into the jungle leaving the empty site to the strange attackers.
Who is this force that has now been sighted a few times and which corporation do they represent? Intelligence sources are remaining tightlipped.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2022, 01:39:21 PM »
 Great to see the old miniatures being played with.Also nice to see the Temple terrain pieces.

Offline draxx66

• Bookworm
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2022, 12:21:20 PM »
Both good game unfortunately the Imperials forgot their recording device so are unable to counter the vastly bias  propaganda spread by the duplicitous Bauhaus minions.

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2022, 12:24:22 PM »
Deep under a Bauhaus military base. Agent Stilleto oversees a group of scientists trying to fathom the secrets of the mysterious sphere.

An emissary from the brotherhood arrives. You fools what have you done? A massive psychic disturbance has gone out through the warp. Emanating directly from this room

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2022, 12:41:45 PM »
Another game in our warzone campaign. Things become even more Grimdark when 2 players turned up with 40k figures and another with figures from AT43.
We set up a table with a large military base guarded by 4 units of Bauhaus militia. Under the base was the secret lab where the sphere was being studied. Unfortunately probing the sphere had caused a psychic signal to be transmitted through the warp.
Attracting the attentions of the imperial marines and chaos demons. Plus an unknown alien race. These forces landed in the base and started fighting each other while searching for the entrance to the lab.
Oh by the way any casualties became zombies.

The landings were completed using the time honoured tradition off throwing counters at the table.

The sound of elevator music as the Gene cult found the bunker entrance.

Zombie hill

Down in the lab the brotherhood take on anything that gets in.

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2022, 05:05:59 PM »
Nice setup and minis !

I'm just curious why you don't like the original ruleset ? 1st edition is a very fun, fast and eficient ruleset.

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2022, 08:30:52 PM »
Nice setup and minis !

I'm just curious why you don't like the original ruleset ? 1st edition is a very fun, fast and eficient ruleset.

Don't remember ever saying I didn't like them. I don't have them. I do have 2nd edition and we have wanted to try them.
We enjoy the rules we are using and they easily handle all the various armies in the club.