Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 07:37:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Charlie's 15th century - Back to work! (May 21)  (Read 157825 times)

Offline Basementboy

• Mad Scientist
  • Happy little chappy from the mythical ingerland
Re: Charlie's 15th century - Some long-overdue Burgundians! (Feb 28)
« Reply #735 on: March 04, 2024, 10:47:34 PM »
Fantastic work! Absolutely gorgeous paint job :D

Online Charlie_

• Mastermind
« Reply #736 on: March 06, 2024, 10:33:04 AM »
All very splendid Charlie  :-*

Right then, down to brass tacks. How many have you done in total now? You must be into the thousands  8)

Hmm not quite, let's total it up in my head now...
100 heavy cav
50 light cav
90 pike
80 archers
100 heavy infantry
30 skirmishers
5 artillery

So that's 150 cavalry, 300 infantry. Plus multiple command bases.

So only a few hundred. I know others who are into the thousands in this period, in 28mm!

They all look so great together. I have to admit that I feel very proud of our boys. They used to be a small ball of clay and now they threat people with glaives  :'(

They fit in perfectly with all their Perry cousins!

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #737 on: March 06, 2024, 10:40:25 AM »
That’s a great collection Charlie. Up there with the very best.
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 38
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #738 on: May 01, 2024, 04:26:48 AM »
Charlie those are beautiful miniatures sir, and they look amazing all together like that  :-*
Inspirational sir!

Cheers
Matt

Online Charlie_

• Mastermind
Re: Charlie's 15th century - Back to work! (May 21)
« Reply #739 on: Today at 03:17:16 PM »
https://fullharness.blogspot.com/

Back to work

Ok, it's been a few months since the last post. I was too busy to get much done for most of March and April, but I've been getting back into it. It will still be a while before there's another completed unit, but I thought I'd share some of the things on the workbench right now.

The goal this year is still to focus on infantry... lots of infantry. Who knows how many of the units I'm working on concurrently will get done, we'll have to see!

Here's three French infantrymen, all using the sculpts I commissioned from Yannis of Talos Miniatures (see his instagram here). The bodies (and arms) are from him, the weapons and heads are from a variety of different sources. I'm particularly pleased with the drab colours on the left-hand halberdier.

To remind you, Yannis has sculpted lots of great 15th century stuff over the last couple of years, both for himself and for private commissions (not just me), some of which are available now from Steel Fist Miniatures in their late medieval range. Also, Steel Fist has released some excellent Swiss halberdiers/pikemen from a different sculptor - that's where the halberd and head on the far right came from.

Here's another three infantrymen. The far left is a Talos / Steel Fist body with Perry head and arms, the middle one is from Eureka Miniatures, and the right-hand one if a fully plastic Perry construct. I did use some green stuff to convert the tabard sleeves to short coat sleeves, to better suit the body they are paired with.

And these three soldiers at-ease are all Perry metals from the same pack, though one has been converted into a crossbowman and been given a bare head.

Next is a couple of crossbowmen, using Talos / Steel Fist bodies, plastic Perry arms and Steel Fist swiss heads. They are still work in progress.

And finally a resin and plastic combo - this is one of the commissioned polearm troops from Yannis, who has been given new arms so he now holds a sword and buckler.

And there's good news - I commissioned another set of figures from Yannis in collaboration with someone else, and they arrived yesterday. I'll do another post showing what I've built from them later this week. For now here's a pic of the 'greens' from Yannis' workbench.

[To LAF readers, this is an exact copy of the text from my blog - you'll of course recognise that Yannis has a thread here on the medieval forum showcasing these sculpts!!]