Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:28:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Fun in the tunnels  (Read 1543 times)

Offline draxx66

• Bookworm
Fun in the tunnels
« on: June 07, 2019, 05:45:04 PM »
Well myself and Swiftnick  continued our exploration of semi mythical bronze age north Africa, or is it.

This was a small bronze age skirmish using Lion Rampant rules, as we were doing a skirmish in an underground ruin, we decided we half the size of the units and the dice rolled and restrict ourselves to a couple of units each.

the main sceanario was after the last battle where the Northeren Europeans took a hammering (normally it's them who do the hammering) a small force of locals caught up with some of the withdrawing NE at an old underground ruin.

The setting.

My heroic Northern European explorers, treasure seekers or raiders, it all depends on your point of view ;)

Some of the unfreindly locals approach the enterance to the underground ruin.

One group enter the ruins only to get chased out by the NE, but they inflict a casulity on them in the process, however they then faild their activation and the NE caught them and battered them. But ant there is aways a but, there was another unit waiting and they peppered the NE with arrows who thought it wise to withdraw and close the door.

The NE made their way back down the corridor

Meanwhile the third unit of unfreindly locals had entered via another enterance.

who then got staked and attacked by the second group of NE, caught between the two groups they didn't last long, though they did manage to inflict casualties on the NE.

The remaining unit and their leader are then attacked by the now depleted NE, who to be fair were only just hanging on thanks to some very good moral rolls.

After wiping out the last unit the NE now have a ornaty doggy box trinket thing and a captive who may be of high value.

the game worked really well using scaled down Lion Rampant rules and we will use it again maybe introducing a few things.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: Fun in the tunnels
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 01:53:51 AM »
Cool!
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 05:35:21 AM »
Nice. I love to see those excellent Perry sculpts of the nordic Bronze Age seeing some action!

Offline S_P

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 02:59:20 PM »
That looks great fun

Online swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 08:03:50 AM »
We haven't been able to have any more games as I have packed all my figures for moving house. But to keep interest up I have been dropping little teaser bombs on the campaigns facebook page. Thought I might as well stick them here.

Online swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 08:09:48 AM »
Amerotke burned with the shame of his failure and disgrace. His hands were bound behind his back and he was led by a rope round his neck. If he stumbled the hairy barbarian pulling it would tug and grunt at Amerotke in his incomprehensible language. They traveled North through the Red desert for many days. Travelling at night and hiding during the day. At every campsite the parties numbers were swelled by more raiders. There are many enemies at work in the land thought Amerotke. But who is behind them? Often the party hid from Medjay patrols. Amerotke wanted to call out put the bronze dagger at his throat stopped him.

Online swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 09:52:09 PM »
Finally after many days of travel they arrived at the sea. The raiders lit a fire and threw on Green palm fronds creating a great plume of smoke. Amerotke hoped this would attract the attention of a Medjay patrol. Far out in the great Green sea a tiny dot on the horizon appeared. As the day wore on this turned into many sails. The raiders were starting to get nervous now in these final hours obviously worried about who else may have seen the signal. Finally the the ships neared the shore. Amerotke could see that the were of Ekwesh design. What or who could have brought the Sea people and these Northern barbarians together he wondered. The Anubis casket was carried aboard and stowed with great care. Covered in sailcloth to protect it from the salt water. Not a moment too soon as trumpets could be heard in the distance but answered by other calls much closer. Amerotke was bundled aboard one of the ships as the rest of the raiders pushed the boats off and jumped aboard. And they were off travelling over the great Green sea heading North.

Online swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 09:56:27 PM »
Meanwhile in the house of rejoicing the Divine Pharaoh grants an audience to his grand Vizier Menkhaf.

Entering the sacred chamber Menkhaf bows in obeisance

" Divine one, Lord Amerotke has been defeated and captured,"

Pharaoh nods " It would appear that Amerotke has let us down once too often. As was expected. And what of the Anubis casket?"

" Yes this has been captured by the barbarians Oh divine one. Just as you planned. The tracking spell is working and will soon lead us to the mysterious power that is working to unite the barbarians."

Pharaoh smiles " Good dispatch Colonel Yuya in my fastest ships. I am sure he will be eager to prove his loyalty. His reward for stamping out this threat will be the estates of Amerotke and his position as Chief of the Medjay. He can call on any of my vassals that he requires."

" To hear is to obey Oh divine one!" As Menkhaf reverses out of the chamber bowing.

As the guards close the great Golden doors of the sacred chamber a strange sibilant voice whispers
" And so the game begins."