Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:14:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694140
  • Total Topics: 118583
  • Online Today: 576
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1731434 times)

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #2550 on: January 10, 2015, 02:03:11 PM »
Sounds about right.
And I blame you lot with your scaremongering for my impulse online purchases  lol

Secretly we all work for GW sales dept.

We don't get paid anything we just do it out of love for everything they do for us. Its our other  way of giving back to them for all they do  :-*

The other way is whilst we work we let them hold our wallets.. o_o

Pictures of the new Rat Ogres, sorry "Stormfiends" are surfacing... gatling gun arms, heavily armoured, one appears to have warpstone nipples on its armour  :o  Ludicrous range of special abilities.  If that's the future...  Steamhammer anyone?

If you cut it in  half there is a 40k space marine inside controlling it just like the big centurion whatever they are ones they do for 40k now

pointy nipples might earn them a cease and desist from Madonna though..

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #2551 on: January 10, 2015, 02:13:25 PM »
You scoundrels lol
If they drop most the range of Warhammer ,will eBay uk crash as everyone buys up the old stock and lists it for heavily inflated prices that gw could only dream off?

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #2552 on: January 10, 2015, 02:57:37 PM »
You scoundrels lol
If they drop most the range of Warhammer ,will eBay uk crash as everyone buys up the old stock and lists it for heavily inflated prices that gw could only dream off?

Nah, to nich a market but I bet GW will open Warhammer! tm. Ebay store  and sell all their own stock as OOP and increase the prices more often...

Every six months or so they will find another cargo container full of OOP under the sofa to keep things going..

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #2553 on: January 10, 2015, 06:21:11 PM »
At the end of last year, I made some modest purchases of things I definitely wanted but were rumoured to be going.  There are another three sets I'd like so I'll squeeze them into the next four months.  Just in case  ;)

GW is the one company that's contemptuous enough of their customers to announce the end of WFB with a couple of weeks' notice.

I'll save some cash for the inevitable torrent of armies on eBay.

As Gandalf would say: "Buy you fools!  BUY!"  :D

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2554 on: January 10, 2015, 08:04:01 PM »
You got that right Scurv. I find it strange to believe they would get rid of the warhammer line especially after renaming some stores warhammer and not 40k or some such thing.

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #2555 on: January 10, 2015, 08:43:44 PM »
I am Shocked they have not tried doing something like the Disney infinity thing one of my sons has for his wii u,where you get different characters and place them on this plastic base he has hooked up to the console. o_o

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #2556 on: January 10, 2015, 09:11:44 PM »
A couple pages of nonsense is good for the soul.

But end game wise, I think your right Scurv, its looking more and more like they are going to ditch physical product for virtual and milk the digital media via IP to pay someone's pension/dividends in the near future.

But the new shooty models for skaven, meh. big cntre piece minis, meh.

And as for the likely little warhammer games with in game purchases. digital expansions etc, oh yeah, they will milk that cow. Even if its an Auroch.

Offline Ajsalium

• Mad Scientist
    • Role 'n' Roll
« Reply #2557 on: January 10, 2015, 09:38:17 PM »
The rumours I've posted are lifted from a spanish site, Cargad! (link to article, in spanish). The same site posted the rumours about the End of Times campaign a few months ago, and they were mostly right.

And talking about nonsenses... (from that same site): lol
Blog updated Jan 21st
ROLE 'N' ROLL

Tell the truth, do what's right, and face the consequences. -Me.

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #2558 on: January 10, 2015, 10:02:56 PM »
are you guys serious or just making this stuff up. I just read the last couple of pages and it sounds the most insane nonsense I have ever did hear.

lol

The rumours I've posted are lifted from a spanish site, Cargad! (link to article, in spanish). The same site posted the rumours about the End of Times campaign a few months ago, and they were mostly right.

Ditto Dakka.

First time I've seen those stormfiends. Aside from all the steampunk stuff tacked onto them, I've been waiting for updated rat ogres to appear after being wowed by the Island of Blood versions. In terms of design and sculpting quality, I think these have taken a step backwards, really.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #2559 on: January 10, 2015, 10:22:17 PM »
Jesus Christ, what the hell.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline matthais-mouse

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2560 on: January 10, 2015, 10:34:49 PM »
Jesus Christ, what the hell.

Exactly what I'm thinking.

I think it may be more then Methodist these guys are on. Hell drugs worked well for certain people's creativity, the Beatles,  sex pistols and Jim hendrix, but not for these guys, these are proof at what drugs really do to someone's mind haha.
.: Logan's band of survivors of the battle of Ursun's teeth :.

For blog posts with more info here.....
http://let-the-galaxy-burn-again.blogspot.co.uk/
And the vlogs here....
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzyMQNtc1ANwIbEN80M-gwA

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #2561 on: January 10, 2015, 10:38:02 PM »
At times like this, I'm reminded that much of the Nazi high command was wired on cocaine, speed, and various other things for pretty much all of WWII.

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • With miniatures, anything is possible!
    • 20mm and then some
« Reply #2562 on: January 10, 2015, 10:38:52 PM »
Thats it, I'm sticking to Oldhammer.
Who is Gunbird? Johan van Ooij, Dutch, Mercenary Gamer, no longer mobile and happy to live life while it lasts >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.com/

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #2563 on: January 10, 2015, 10:42:55 PM »
Exactly what I'm thinking.

I think it may be more then Methodist these guys are on. Hell drugs worked well for certain people's creativity, the Beatles,  sex pistols and Jim hendrix, but not for these guys, these are proof at what drugs really do to someone's mind haha.

What. Mind.

Drugs might have been a good idea, at least then the apocalypso might have been a bit more psychedelic.

But at least the Skaven are now turning into ultramarines. or is it the other way around?

If they all end up on different planets in the aftermath of the apocalypso how do the races then get at each other to warhammer?

Or is that why they are getting bigger? So they can reach?

Oh bad thought, maybe they will all get drop-pods for dropping in on each other?

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #2564 on: January 10, 2015, 10:59:13 PM »
First post on this Warseer thread by Darnok has all the info:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?404065-Warhammer-And-Now-For-Something-Completely-Different

Ditto Dakka.

First time I've seen those stormfiends. Aside from all the steampunk stuff tacked onto them, I've been waiting for updated rat ogres to appear after being wowed by the Island of Blood versions. In terms of design and sculpting quality, I think these have taken a step backwards, really.

Know what you mean - I love the Island of Blood Skaven, and the Dark Vengeance models are amazing too.  And they're clip-together 2-3 part models!

But I feel this is the direction the new Warhammer will be taking, concentrating on what GW and only GW can do.  No "generic" fantasy models, more extreme designs and BIGGER models.

Which is what confuses me.  Business startups are told to find their niche and charge "bespoke" prices rather than compete with the big companies that can always undercut them.  But GW ARE the big company in the field!  Why are they retreating from ANY competition?  Why are they copying the model of one of their smaller competitors?

Most of all, why are they not actively growing their own market?  If anything, X-wing should be a better model - you could be playing your first game of Warhammer within 20 minutes of opening the starter (clip-together models, different-coloured plastics, streamlined rules) and on your way to more purchases and years ahead of collecting, painting and bigger and bigger battles.

I still maintain they learned the wrong lessons from LotR.

You can start one of their competitor's games with £50-70, and the same again will give you a decent force (or two).  GW wants £95 for a UNIT of nine Skaven riflemen, and their web bundles range from £150-500, with many being around £250.

*sigh*

If this is in addition to 8th rather than replacing it, it may help.  A lot depends on... prices...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 11:20:57 PM by Momotaro »