Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:04:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table  (Read 56909 times)

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table
« Reply #375 on: March 21, 2024, 03:43:54 PM »
That’s amazing work, yet again!

Offline quidamcorvus

• Mad Scientist
    • quidamcorvus
« Reply #376 on: March 28, 2024, 03:33:05 PM »
ooh nice wizards tower  8)

I'm impressed you keep going with the hand crafted materials (and 3d printing) but haven't done molds of those little doors/windows yet. Very impressive QC.

The ghost banshees look a little out of place, are they permanent ghosts or are they going to be "statues". Perhaps mount them on a pin or magnet so you can put them there when people come close?

Cheers
Matt
Thank you. Handmade doors and shutters are different, that's why I don't make molds.

The ghosts will be statues, just like a monument standing on the ground.

That’s amazing work, yet again!
Thank you. :)

Tutorial: Doors made of coffee sticks.

Today  I have a short guide for you, in which I will show you step by step how to make doors from coffee sticks in models depicting the ruins of Mordheim.

To make doors and shutters you will need a few coffee sticks or other thin wooden strips, a sharp knife, a marker, a hand drill, as well as a paper clip, wood glue and cyanoacrylate glue.

I started working by cutting coffee sticks to a length equal to the height of the door.

Then, using a sharp knife, I cut the fragments lengthwise to obtain narrower slats.

If you want to age the door, be careful, you can, for example, use a lighter and burn the cut slats with a flame.

If you decide to take such a step, be careful and prepare a container with water to extinguish the fire.

In the next step, I cut the coffee stick into sections whose length is equal to the width of the door.

I cut the fragments obtained in this way lengthwise to obtain narrower slats, which I then glued with wood glue perpendicular to the vertical slats.

Then, from the previously prepared narrower fragments, I cut out further fragments and glued them with wood glue at an angle between the previously glued horizontal beams.

To make imitation hinges, I used a toothpick cut into pieces, which I forgot to mention earlier, and glued them with wood glue.

Then, using a thin drill placed in a hand drill, I drilled holes in the previously glued beams imitating the places where the nails should be placed.

Then, using tools, I made door handles from a paper clip and glued them with cyanoacrylate glue in the holes drilled with a hand drill.

And I placed the doors prepared in this way in the frames intended for them, located on the models.

Offline Thew2

• Bookworm
« Reply #377 on: March 28, 2024, 05:00:21 PM »
Fantastic stuff, those doors look incredible!  Thanks for posting up the tutorial on them.

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #378 on: March 30, 2024, 04:27:26 PM »
I love how you turn the paperclip into the door hardware. I was sitting there thinking, "What is he going to do with that??"  lol

Looks great, and thanks for the tutorial!  :-*

Mike Demana

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #379 on: March 31, 2024, 03:44:57 AM »
That looks great.  A lot of hard work paid off.

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #380 on: April 02, 2024, 10:41:28 AM »
very nice doors :-*
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline quidamcorvus

• Mad Scientist
    • quidamcorvus
« Reply #381 on: April 04, 2024, 09:49:58 AM »
Fantastic stuff, those doors look incredible!  Thanks for posting up the tutorial on them.

I love how you turn the paperclip into the door hardware. I was sitting there thinking, "What is he going to do with that??"  lol

Looks great, and thanks for the tutorial!  :-*

Mike Demana

That looks great.  A lot of hard work paid off.
Thanks. :)

very nice doors :-*

Tutorial: Prison Cart made of coffee sticks and other materials, part 1.

Today there is a temporary break in the construction of the modular table with the ruins of Mordheim.

As a temporary change, I decided to build a prison cart for the company Merchant caravan from Arabia to Warheim FS.

I decided to build the prisoner cart from materials found in my workshop. And it is a very simplified design in which the main elements of the chassis structure have not even been outlined.

In the first part, in which I will focus on the construction of the wheels and the base of the car, I used an old syringe, wooden coffee sticks, fragments of foamed PVC, a paper clip and toothpicks.

I started work by cutting out the rims for the wheels. I drew parallel lines on the syringe, along which I then cut the syringe into circles.

I polished the cut circles using a file and fine sandpaper.

Then I placed the hoops on fragments of foamed PVC and traced circles on the inside, which I then cut out, and after embossing the wood texture and drilling the centers, I pressed them into the hoops.

I cut out strips from appropriately cut coffee sticks and glued them onto the wheels perpendicular to the lines symbolizing the boards touching each other.

I made the axles on which I placed the cart's wheels from cut toothpicks.

In the next step, I glued the car's body using cut coffee sticks.

I cut out parts of the front bogie mechanism from a fragment of foamed PVC...

...which I connected with a paperclip to the strip from which the drawbar will be made.

Then I glued the previously prepared elements to create a cart box standing on wheels, on the edges of which I glued side strips and this was the end of the first stage of building the prison cart.

Offline quidamcorvus

• Mad Scientist
    • quidamcorvus
« Reply #382 on: April 11, 2024, 10:01:54 AM »
Tutorial: Prison Cart made of coffee sticks and other materials, part 2.

Welcome to the second part of the tutorial, or rather a report on the construction of the prisoner cart that I will use during the Warheim FS games.

In the first part, which you can find HERE, I showed you how I built the wheels and the base of the cart, today I will tell you about the construction of the cabin in which the prisoners will be kept.

Since I decided to build a closed prosoner cart, I used an appropriately cut Styrodur block as the interior.

To give a slightly more professional look, I used plastic windows from the Mordheim ruins and doors that I had left over from the Doors Set from SpellCrow to valorize the prisoner cart.

I covered the remaining spaces with appropriately cut coffee stirrer sticks. I used polymer glue for this.

After covering the prisoner cart with wooden strips from an aluminum sheet that comes from shaving cream, I cut out a tape about 5 mm wide and squeezed imitation rivets into it using tweezers.

I bent the tape lengthwise at a 90-degree angle and glued it to the corners of the prisoner cart, masking the joint of the slats.

As I wrote in the first part, this is not a scale miniatures, but a simplified representation of the carriage, but I decided to make whippletree with wooden sticks and a paper clip, which I glued to the front carriage.

I also added a few more bits, more specifically shields from Unreleased Miniatures, two of which from THIS and THIS set served as decorations that I placed under the windows.

The shield from THIS set was used as a barred window, which I placed on the coachman's side.

I also placed hooks on the sides, which, from what I remember, come from the imperial artillery set from Games Workshop.

I put the crates from Micro Art Studio and the Mini Monsters trunk on the roof. By the way, I can see that since I bought my set, the trunks have gained a nice wood texture.

I also added lanterns to the front and back, there are no photos on the HQ Resin website, but I think they come from THIS and THIS set.

The last element I added at this stage of construction is the coachman miniatures, which I assembled using bits from Gripping Beast.

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
« Reply #383 on: April 11, 2024, 05:56:09 PM »
What a craftsman, excellent work.

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #384 on: April 11, 2024, 07:34:30 PM »
That is some pretty amazing scratch building!

Online has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #385 on: April 11, 2024, 07:44:50 PM »
Well young sir.

Offline quidamcorvus

• Mad Scientist
    • quidamcorvus
« Reply #386 on: April 18, 2024, 08:25:19 AM »
What a craftsman, excellent work.

That is some pretty amazing scratch building!

Well young sir.

Tutorial: Prison Cart made of coffee sticks and other materials, part 3.

Hello and welcome to the third and final part of the report on building a prisoner cart for Warheim FS.

I made ropes out of copper wire and used them to connect the prisoner cart to the draft animal.

I used horses from Wargames Atlantic as draft animals, they do not have saddles, only a saddle pad, under which I hid the drilling points in which I placed the ropes.

Then I glued the whole thing together, adding reins, also twisted from copper wire.

I also made coils of ropes from twisted wire to be placed on the roof and side of the prisoner car, and from aluminum sheet I made two rolled Arabic carpets.

And that's it. In the photos below you can see what the prisoner cart looks like ready for painting.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #387 on: April 18, 2024, 11:36:44 AM »
Impressive!  8)

Imagine that thing thundering down the cobbled streets towards you...

The horses seem to be rearing in the pictures, are they as angled in real life?
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Tom Dulski

• Mad Scientist
  • BOOKWORM
« Reply #388 on: April 18, 2024, 12:18:13 PM »

Yes the angle looks a bit off. Otherwise it's a fantastic piece of work.

Offline quidamcorvus

• Mad Scientist
    • quidamcorvus
« Reply #389 on: April 18, 2024, 12:29:01 PM »
Impressive!  8)

Imagine that thing thundering down the cobbled streets towards you...

The horses seem to be rearing in the pictures, are they as angled in real life?
Thank you.
Yes, in real life the model is not glued to the base, which is why the horses stick out a bit.

Yes the angle looks a bit off. Otherwise it's a fantastic piece of work.