Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2024, 07:57:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694684
  • Total Topics: 118626
  • Online Today: 485
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1734439 times)

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #8580 on: June 30, 2018, 10:08:21 PM »
Stop it!
 >:D

As I have just the right scenery collection for that scenario.....
 ;)

I have nil but you sir.. have even less.. you have no excuse :P

Offline Red Kop

• Bookworm
« Reply #8581 on: June 30, 2018, 11:44:21 PM »
Some of the Nighthaunt stuff looks really nice, I really like the new Black Coach in particular - though I'm dreading how much it is likely to cost...

I had the old one once upon a time for my Vampire Counts army but it was the only thing that got lost in a house move about 5 years ago and I've never found it since. The new one is far nicer so I might get one for my old VC army which I only use in 9th Age games these days.

It is just a shame that some of the newer Nighthaunt units don't transition well into the VC army for 9th Age so whilst they are nice, I've not got a real reason to pick a lot of the units up, especially when my hobby pocket money is limited.  :'(

Offline powerfrog99

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #8582 on: July 01, 2018, 07:44:00 AM »
I never took to AoS, and one major cause was the drastic change of the model size. Orks, Khorne (the more Space Marine guys) Tzeentch Tzangor and Stormies were just not fitting to my collection of buildings, landscapes and armies. I have to admit I was always a bit inflexible when it comes to scales and sizes, and Orks as big as ogres (my mate actually plays them as ogres in WHFB) I understood as: We don't want the old stuff any more!
So although some of these models were really great stuff I was out... :( :(

Surprisingly for me with the snake ladies and the fish elves the size seems now back to normal and my interest grew back to some extend :)
Now these Nighthaunt really do it for me :o :o, I am back buying GW models  :D
An army of ghosts is in the planning and hte starting boxes are in the post  ;D ;D

Now it's just creating some profiles for WHFB and the ghost will enter the fray on our tables  :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 07:46:27 AM by powerfrog99 »
These days it's Wargods and Warhammer Armies Project I am working on !

Check out my gallery here on LAF
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=2521

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #8583 on: July 01, 2018, 06:41:39 PM »
I know right ?

And make me want to do posse of hybrid gunslingers on some forgotten texas/mexico border looking planet with tumbleweed and all.. vs Salomon Kane from the Inquisition :P
Logan’s worlds helsreach  ;)

Offline Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #8584 on: July 01, 2018, 10:10:31 PM »
Just wondering if there are any rumors about new human troops in the pipe line
to replace the old Perry Empire plastics ?
Curious,that's all,honest  ,not tempted by the new ghosties,really  ;) :)

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #8585 on: July 01, 2018, 11:23:08 PM »
I have not heard anything but I am mainly interested in 40k.
Sigmarites made them a little redundant.

On thing sure looking at other releases they will be different.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 05:51:59 PM by AWu »

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #8586 on: July 02, 2018, 09:28:45 AM »
New Warhammer 40K roleplaying game up for pre-order - http://www.ulisses-us.com/wrathandglory/

The TTG article explains it a bit more - http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/wrath-glory-warhammer-40000-role-playing-game-available-for-pre-order/

The adventures in Wrath & Glory take place in the new era of Warhammer 40,000 that was introduced with the 8th Edition of Warhammer 40,000 miniatures game.

This is a galaxy torn asunder by a great warp storm that altered reality itself forever bringing the great rift.

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #8587 on: July 02, 2018, 03:23:35 PM »
Just wondering if there are any rumors about new human troops in the pipe line
to replace the old Perry Empire plastics ?
Curious,that's all,honest  ,not tempted by the new ghosties,really  ;) :)
Are you referring to these guys?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Empire-State-Troops

Those aren't Perry designed, but by the same guy who did the Pro Gloria/Warlord Landsknechts. IIRC, the Perry ones were the single pose spearmen and handgunners in 6th and the multipart plastics, with metal components, in 5th and carried in to 6th, sans metal parts.

GDubs probably has no intention of releasing new humans, as they're too busy pushing their $igmarines. Some of us thought that the Darkoath Warqueen would usher in new generic barbarian sculpts, to replace those subpar Chaos Marauders, but I don't think there will be anything new in the near future.

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #8588 on: July 02, 2018, 03:53:33 PM »
But then the Wight King chappie brought some new Nighthaunts so maybe the Darkoath queen and fungus head goblin will bring some friends too.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #8589 on: July 02, 2018, 05:04:13 PM »
Are you referring to these guys?
Yep,those are the ones I was thinking of :)I thought Alan Perry designed them?
Shame then,as try as I might,I just can't like the Sigmarite style of minis :(
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 05:10:22 PM by Romark »

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #8590 on: July 02, 2018, 05:53:56 PM »
I heard something about new Goblins and new chaos is always in the works as long as its Nurgle  :-X

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #8591 on: July 02, 2018, 06:00:10 PM »
But then the Wight King chappie brought some new Nighthaunts so maybe the Darkoath queen and fungus head goblin will bring some friends too.
Maybe...

The Darkoath Warqueen and Fungoid Cave-Shaman are Grand Alliance character figures released with Malign Portents and tied to existing ranges, like the stuff released with Storm of Chaos, so we won't be seeing anything from either faction for some time. Undead variations are all the rage and released with Ao$ 2.0, along with umpteenth $tormcast tome. Pics of the DW figure has her leading generic Marauders, so I doubt these will get new versions.

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #8592 on: July 02, 2018, 06:07:35 PM »
Yep,those are the ones I was thinking of :)I thought Alan Perry designed them?
Shame then,as try as I might,I just can't like the Sigmarite style of minis :(
Perrys have a distinctive style, like realistic feathers and a lack of reliance on caricatures for faces. The archers and greatswords aren't bad, so why the awful State Troops and handgunners/crossbowmen? The Empire Free Company/Mordheim Mercenaries were discontinued and I thought these would be great for conversions, due to the weapon variety, but GDub$ has decided to prune anything not Sigmarine. If I interpreted a pic correctly, Stormcast are getting a battlecat like mount, while "Free Peoples" no longer have barded warhorses in what amounts to a poor man's Planescape setting.   

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
« Reply #8593 on: July 02, 2018, 07:15:36 PM »
Perrys have a distinctive style, like realistic feathers and a lack of reliance on caricatures for faces. The archers and greatswords aren't bad, so why the awful State Troops and handgunners/crossbowmen? The Empire Free Company/Mordheim Mercenaries were discontinued and I thought these would be great for conversions, due to the weapon variety, but GDub$ has decided to prune anything not Sigmarine. If I interpreted a pic correctly, Stormcast are getting a battlecat like mount, while "Free Peoples" no longer have barded warhorses in what amounts to a poor man's Planescape setting.   

I don't think horses exist in the AoS world!

If I'm correct, the Stormcast now have three different cavalry units on monsters.... The dragon-cat things.... The bird/griffon things... And now some sort of battle-cat thing, which I think are supposed to be different to the earlier more reptilian ones?

Meanwhile we have elves riding sharks and eels.....

It's only the 'evil' factions that have suggestions of horses.... I.e. the Varanguard (is that the name?) are on big mutated / demonic sort-of-horse things, and the new ghost faction have hints of undead horses on a few of the new units (but still no fully formed skeletal horse!)

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #8594 on: July 02, 2018, 07:18:21 PM »
I don't think horses exist in the AoS world!

If I'm correct, the Stormcast now have three different cavalry units on monsters.... The dragon-cat things.... The bird/griffon things... And now some sort of battle-cat thing, which I think are supposed to be different to the earlier more reptilian ones?

Meanwhile we have elves riding sharks and eels.....

It's only the 'evil' factions that have suggestions of horses.... I.e. the Varanguard (is that the name?) are on big mutated / demonic sort-of-horse things, and the new ghost faction have hints of undead horses on a few of the new units (but still no fully formed skeletal horse!)
Pistoliers and Outriders ride on horrible looking horses...

The War Altar of Sigmar and the Celestial Hurricanum are pulled by armored warhorses...

Dragon Princes aka Dragon Blades ::) rely warhorses and so do the Dark Elves, who are part of Order. 

Horses aren't extinct, they just don't fit in with the imagery of Ao$...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 07:24:12 PM by Condottiere »