Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:24:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New range of 2mm figures to cover Horse and Musket period  (Read 1246 times)

Offline Forwardmarchstudio

• Librarian
New range of 2mm figures to cover Horse and Musket period
« on: April 29, 2017, 11:21:41 PM »
Hi all,

I thought I'd show off a few pictures from a new range of 2mm miniatures I'm working on. I'm currently in the middle of finals, but once they're done I hope to start distributing these figures.  

They're printed in plastic, at exact 1:1 ground scale and figure scale.  This means that you can have the exact number of troops on your table top as per the original OOB.  Most of the infantry bases are 40mm in frontage and have 150 figures in 3 ranks.  The smaller bases are 20mm and have 75 figures in three ranks.  The cavalry will be in two ranks and has 56 figures per base.  Artillery, limbers, caissons, skirmishers and officer bases are on the works.  Although tiny, every figure is on the base- each strip has the exact number of bayonet points.  The plastic is pretty strong, and slightly flexible, so that they are actually quite tough little pieces.  The price will be extremely low.  Half a million figures would run you under $1000; you could do Leipzig with a club or a decent-ish tax return.

Here are a few pictures...

Of the cavalry... on 40mm bases, each one is a platoon.  Two are a squadron, or in other words each squadron has 116 cavalry figures.

Here are two battalions painted up:  one 450 figure French battalion, and one full-strength 1050 figure Austrian battalion:

A close up of the infantry...

Here are two French brigades attacking two Austrian regiments; Austrian units were huge!

Here come the cavalry...

This line of figures is starting out with the Napoleonic era in mind.  However, it will shortly be expanded to include options so that you can do 1:1 wargaming in every conflict in the Horse and Musket period.  There will be infantry bases in two ranks and four ranks, as well as cavalry in three ranks.  I'll be making some pike-bearing units as well.  There will also be print on demand buildings available at the same ground scale, and hopefully cheap enough so that you can put together entire villages and towns with dozens or even hundreds of 2mm scale buildings and bridges.  My goal is to get the building prices down to where you could reasonably build a town based on the historic military maps.  I've basically got it there, but I want t add a bunch more lay-outs so that BUAs don't look like a bunch of monopoly houses.  Once complete, you'll be able to print-on-demand figures to play every battle from the League of Augsburg until the Franco-Prussian War.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 08:45:17 AM by Forwardmarchstudio »

Offline Sarge Canard

• Assistant
Re: New range of 2mm figures to cover Horse and Musket period
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 10:48:19 AM »
 8)

I like those. The mega-DBN project might be on again...

Offline Forwardmarchstudio

• Librarian
Re: New range of 2mm figures to cover Horse and Musket period
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 03:17:41 AM »
Glad to hear it!

Here are some French battalions with company colors added.  
Just the bayonets:

And with all companies color-coded:

I'm not sure which one I prefer... the version with all the colors looks a bit busy.
I dunno, what do you guys think?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 04:53:45 AM by Forwardmarchstudio »