Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:23:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689586
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 646
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Mordheim Thoughts  (Read 3113 times)

Offline Cyrus the Great

• Librarian
Re: Mordheim Thoughts
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2019, 08:00:38 AM »
You should be kicking some righteous ass. You need far more terrain on the board. You need to arm every skaven possible with a sling. Maximize your war band numbers as soon as you can.

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2019, 09:40:20 AM »
Mordheim, but honestly any tabletop game, should really be played as a narrative instead of a tournament.

So, if a warband becomes overpowered, throw something their way to level the playing field. Make an unlikely alliance with another warband and go 2 versus 1. Write a special scenario where the stronger warband is caught into something such as a zombie infestation, or worse, where you play the "NPC" gang.

Most fun I had with Mordheim was when we did narrative games. And if there are people that don't like that, they really should be playing something else, like Shadespire.

Offline Aerendar Valandil

• Librarian
    • Amsterdam6Shooters Wargames Club
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2019, 10:05:38 AM »
I believe there are several later player-made versions of Mordheim you could use, that are more balanced. "Coreheim' and "Wyrd Wars".  Perhaps you could try those. 

Offline Griefbringer

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2019, 11:20:12 AM »
I have to admit that I did not know there actually being rules for Ogre warbands ... then again my latest Mordheim publication is the 200 Annual. Sounds like a very low model count force.

As for adding more terrain to the table, that sounds like a good idea - it is supposed to look like a ruined city. Is the problem due to physical lack of terrain pieces, or due to the reluctance of players to place every available terrain item on the table?

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2019, 02:23:03 PM »
The rules and lots of additional warbands are available on http://broheim.net/.

Offline Commander Carnage

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2019, 02:24:56 PM »
It's the reluctance of some players to use the terrain. I've made a boat load of terrain with multiple levels to use. I think the ogre player has six models but they all have at least two wounds with several having three.

I agree with the comments about narrative games. They are more enjoyable.

I've also thought about maximizing the effectiveness of the gang with slings and such but I enjoy creating a variety of models armed differently.
"Just don't roll a one!"

Offline Cyrus the Great

• Librarian
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2019, 03:33:15 AM »
It's the reluctance of some players to use the terrain. I've made a boat load of terrain with multiple levels to use. I think the ogre player has six models but they all have at least two wounds with several having three.

I agree with the comments about narrative games. They are more enjoyable.

I've also thought about maximizing the effectiveness of the gang with slings and such but I enjoy creating a variety of models armed differently.
All you have to do is put sling in equipment carried and switch to it when wanting to fire. You don't have to model every skaven with an actual sling in its hand.