Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:58:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Difference between Empress Foreign Legionaries and Falangistas?  (Read 3023 times)

Offline aphillathehun

• Mad Scientist
Re: Difference between Empress Foreign Legionaries and Falangistas?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2017, 11:45:38 PM »
Ok
As I originally commissioned Paul Hicks to sculpt these figures, I guess I had better explain.
The Legion were based on the original Army of Africa, sent over at the start of the conflict, so they have the correct uniform,and the Mills pattern kit, most of them have the granadero trousers, tight at the bottom, flared at the top of the legs, that should all have the tasselled Gorillo cap. As already stated, as the war went on, the Legion kit was replaced with regular army gear, about the only consistent item, would be the shirt, and the cap.
the Falangist troops, were sculpted so that gamers could get a multitude of usage from the models, they represent the earlier Falangist troops, before the 38 merger with the requettes. They are in shirt sleeves, so you can paint their blue shirts, and they also have tasseled Gorillo caps. There is absolutely no reason why they cannot be used as Legion, it's essentially just a different paint job, and no reason why you can't use them as Nationalist army either, one again, a simple change of paint job. They will serve purpose as early war peninsula army troops as well, the Republican element had a tendency to remove the tassels.

The idea behind the range, was to provide lots of basic troop types, and sets of heads, so gamers could chop and change to their hearts content. I was going to revisit the earlier packs, and get Paul to sculpt done more variations, but sadly real life meant I had to part company with the range, and Empress kindly purchased it from me.

Hope that helps to explain things  :D

Quick question.  That roll on their shoulder - is that a blanket or a coat?  I had assumed it was a blanket but saw someone painted it as a coat.  If it is a coat, what color would it be?

TIA
-a

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2017, 01:41:16 AM »
The Spanish Army had a capote, sort of like a poncho, instead of a greatcoat. When it was rolled it would look like a blanket, which itself could stand in for the capote when they were not available in any case.

You can see pictures of both here: http://thedancingcaketin.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/alertas-milicianos.html

Obviously civilian blankets were used in lieu of service ones too, so a variety of patterns and designs are possible, especially amongst non-army units.

Offline bob and his dog

• Bookworm
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2017, 03:36:33 AM »
Lots of really good information, and the figures are very good too.
I am interested in land warfare throughout history and beyond, except the Seven Years War, in Europe.