Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:13:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Which company makes the best 28mm Tuareg Shields?  (Read 986 times)

Offline chicklewis

• Mad Scientist
Which company makes the best 28mm Tuareg Shields?
« on: May 02, 2017, 06:21:35 PM »
I'm ready to paint my Big Batch of Tuareg.  However, I have over 100 Tuareg figures from various manufacturers, but only 17 Tuareg Shields.  I would like to purchase another 25 or so. 

Which company has the best loose versions, so that I might contact them and plead for a special order??

Thanks in advance for your knowledge. 

Chick
"Sufficient for the day is the evil thereof."

Offline James Morris

• Mastermind
    • mogsymakes
Re: Which company makes the best 28mm Tuareg Shields?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 07:19:52 PM »
Do you have a picture of what you're after?

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 09:24:29 AM »
hello..Tourareg is one of my favourite native army...i'm referring to Touaregs from Niger, Mauritanie ecc..that fougt in early XX c. vs the French Saharian Méharistes and Tirailleurs sénègalais....in this case some few  warriors were equpped with shields and spears/swords...in one account of the famous small battle between méharistes and touaregs ...there is a descriprion of camel charge with warriors trowing spears..then dismounting with sword in one hand and rifle plus shieldd in another...as regards to available 28mm shields i can count only those manufactures that have minis with a separate Touareg shield...Blaze Away camel mounted arabs, Black hat /Unfeasibly, Willie (spencer smith)...this last one is a simple shaped piece of metal..maybe you can just write them and try to let them sell you a customised pack of spare shileds among your order...but if i was you i would simply suggest you to make your own shields as i did for my few Redoubt Touaregs....given the few needed, the simple/flat and irregular design you can easily acieve your result by cutting it from cardboard, gluing to the figure or the back of the camel saddle and then fix it with a wash of white glue.

Offline Calumma

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 05:26:18 PM »
If you can't find the shields you could try making a mould of the ones you have. I'm doing the same with Azande throwing knives (not enough came with figures), shields (for fatigue markers) and other bits and pieces using Bluestuff (available from green stuff world) and milliput.

Edit: copying bits may not always be allowed (even to replace missing parts), so you should always check with the company first. If they no longer supply the part you want you can ask for permission to copy the one you have (for your own non commercial use).
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 08:31:48 AM by Calumma »

Offline chicklewis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 02:23:31 AM »
Thanks, Italwars and Calumma. 

I contacted Gerry at Castaway and he very graciously agreed to sell me loose Tuareg shields.  Yay Gerry !

This board is a great resource for ideas and advice !!

Chick