Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:10:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690965
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 705
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Latest project: 15mm Predator / Kra'Vak figs - Grav Artillery added 5/13  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Latest project, more 15mm scifi from Ground Zero Games.  Platoon strength unit of Kra'Vak infantry, also good as Predators or (if you squint a bit) Traveller 2300 Kafer.

Three squads of combat troops, each with ten "men" including command, light support weapons, and gun teams.

And a three-man pathfinder/hunter unit to provide scouting, observation, and sniper support for the rest.

These are all of the modern GZG Kra'Vak figs, and quite a bit bigger and better detailed than the much older original releases.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 04:28:17 PM by Hobby Services »

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: Latest project: 15mm Predator / Kra'Vak infantry platoon
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 12:33:03 PM »
Thanks for sharing
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline krieghund

• Scientist
  • Beyond all Reason
Re: Latest project: 15mm Predator / Kra'Vak infantry platoon
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 03:21:19 PM »
Great work.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Vehicles!  Notably, a squadron of Strike Skimmers.

I like the weird alien design, and the mix of light K-Gun and twin one-shot multiple kinetic penetrator packs for armor busting seems like a good loadout.

The bases are custom jobs, starting with a 1.5" washer, some Magic-sculpt putty for security, and adding a cut-down flight post and widget from Hawk Wargames.

The widgets are a perfect fit for the stock GZG models, which was a pleasant surprise and really a good solution to the usual issues of portability versus durability that you get with metal grav vehicles.

I'm also intrigued by the models' potential uses outside of ground combat or off-scale.

They could obviously work (on different bases) as space fighters, maybe even in X-Wing as proxies.

They're also big enough to plausibly be used as one-man 25/28mm scale vehicles, manned by Little Green Men, runty mutants, amputee cyborgs who couldn't get a dreadnought ride, etc.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 10:27:32 PM by Hobby Services »

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Paints up nicely.

Offline Steam Flunky

• Mastermind
  • Stop the world.I want to get off!
    • My Miniature collections on Flickr
Great painting!
laf medals by Robert  (steam flunky), auf Flickrhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/torq42/sets/

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Grav-mobile infantry squad with armored grav carrier:

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
Fabulous work again, I've admired your painting skills for a while.  I used these guys as my 15mm Klingons.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Fabulous work again, I've admired your painting skills for a while.  I used these guys as my 15mm Klingons.

Thanks.  I think I saw your Klingons (or someone's, anyway) - it was part of what encouraged me to do some Kra'Vak myself.  The newer generation of sculpts are a huge improvement over the originals I tried way back when, bigger (and therefore more Predator-like) and with much better detail.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Nice collection of models. The skimmers might work as drones for larger scales, and ships for smaller ones.

Offline Mensn

• Assistant
Fantastic painting. Made me order these minis.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Fantastic painting. Made me order these minis.

Oh good.  Anything that helps Jon out is a plus.

Just do me a favor and nag him to do more new starships while you're at it.  And a new generation of 15mm Sa'Vasku and Phalons.  It's hardly fair that the Kra'Vak and the Johnny-Come-Lately Prawns and Chitters are getting all the xeno-love.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
And one more thing painted up, the Kra'Vak grav artillery vehicle.  Big hefty chunk of metal, based as the other vehicles.

The big grav vehicles all use the same underbody, with different upper hulls and weapons/turrets.  There's also grav tank variant, but I haven't got any of those at the moment.  Maybe someday.

Scale shot with some other figs:

I see GZG just released some new Kra'Vak power armor figs as well.