Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:21:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690982
  • Total Topics: 118361
  • Online Today: 706
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pirate Island project - Second raid of San Padolfo 02.09.2018 p.15  (Read 27774 times)

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Re: Pirate Island project (The cemetery)
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2017, 03:52:47 PM »
The cemetery

Near the church, there is a cemetery, a place traditionally suitable for bloody duels in the dark or for searching a hidden treasure...
The problem is that all the names written on the gravestones are half erased, as the name of the tomb written in the pirate's treasure map...

The cemetery is a gentle contribution of my mate Miltiades.
As spooky as needed.  
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 03:54:28 PM by DintheDin »
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2017, 04:14:40 PM »

Very spooky undead indeed!  ;)

I liked very much the sepia/B&W picture, very atmospheric!  :D

Now you need a creepy gravedigger and a crow!  8)

Keep going, this thread is just GREAT!  :-*
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2017, 10:10:19 PM »

Now you need a creepy gravedigger and a crow!  8)

Someone like this one?

Offline miltiades

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2017, 11:13:35 PM »
wow Dinos! this  guy is really scary! More pics of the project coming soon... Dinos has a really Great Project in mind  ;) ;) ;)

[Oh... a few words about the cemetery: almost all gravestones are made of corck, and the trees are IMEX [the Alamo Accessories set]
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 06:17:49 AM by miltiades »

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2017, 11:33:32 PM »
Freebooter's Fate Pirate Gravedigger:

PIR025 Pirates El Enterrador the Gravedigger of Longfall Cult

;)

Offline miltiades

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2017, 07:47:33 AM »
the perfect guy for the job!I love him. :-*

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2017, 08:08:39 AM »
Dinos has a really Great Project in mind  ;) ;) ;)

We both know the proverb "when you hear of many cherries, hold a small basket", so I pretend I know nothing  8) ...
Until Saturday!
Meanwhile, I post one more (spooky) picture of your cemetery when we played our "Surrender yer Booty" pirate game.

At the background one can see my belly disguised as a heavenly body  lol
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 08:21:31 AM by DintheDin »

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2017, 08:13:07 AM »
@Dinohunterpoa: Yes, here he is among other heroes, a must-have characterful set, what a pity we play in 1/72...

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2017, 02:08:16 PM »
@Dinohunterpoa: Yes, here he is among other heroes, a must-have characterful set, what a pity we play in 1/72...

That's EXACLTY the reason I have showed you that mini! In other words: go to 28mm NOW and you'll get much more from the hobby! Your gorgeous scenery deserve more detailed miniatures in a better scale!  ;)

EDIT: I know what I'm talking about; I started the hobby with the old Airfix Robin Hood figures in the 70s, and moved to 28mm in the 80s because of the need to use minis more suitable to the kind of detailed scenery I liked to build and PLAY with! 28-32mm is also much better for my eyes nowadays!  lol
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 02:13:00 PM by dinohunterpoa »

Offline miltiades

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2017, 07:24:50 AM »
That's EXACLTY the reason I have showed you that mini! In other words: go to 28mm NOW and you'll get much more from the hobby! Your gorgeous scenery deserve more detailed miniatures in a better scale!  ;)

EDIT: I know what I'm talking about; I started the hobby with the old Airfix Robin Hood figures in the 70s, and moved to 28mm in the 80s because of the need to use minis more suitable to the kind of detailed scenery I liked to build and PLAY with! 28-32mm is also much better for my eyes nowadays!  lol

no matter what Dinos thinks about it, I think you are right. I totally agree with you. Only two small objections. First: I have made an investment of time and money in 15mm and 20 mm. I have colonials in 15 mm and in 20 mm and also Napoleonics and Spanish Succession, 7YW in plastics 20mm. [I also have a HUGE collection of 15mm DBM armies]. It is really hard for me now, in my age  to start the same periods in 28 mm. And after all  what would I do with all those painfully painted figures I now own? It is hard for me to just sell them on ebay. And  value for money would not be worthy.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 07:27:10 AM by miltiades »

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2017, 09:06:23 AM »

Ah! You are gently turning the knife in the wound  ;)
From what you say, I can figure we are about the same age and we have shared the joy of discovering new soldiers kits produced in the 70s and 80s!
I spent many working hours of converting plastic figures  :'(

But then you did your turn to 28mm and I think you did it at the right time, while I (and Miltiades as well as other members of our small community) turned to 15mm. Nowadays, when I open my upper cupboards, I risk to be killed by a lead avalanche  :)
And what more, I turned also to 10mm and painted thousands of ACW figures we play and enjoy with my ruleset for more than a decade...

As it concerns 28mm figures, I LOVE THEM!  :-*
And when I see a properly set-up table with them, I'm really drooling!  :P
Although an old dog, I just manage to learn new tricks from time to time, who knows?
Maybe I'll start with 28mm pirate skirmish games as soon as my budget permits.
But then, I'll have to remake all my scenery as it is oriented for 15 and 20mm.

I take in serious consideration of your kind words, as you show such an appreciation for my work. Thank you!

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2017, 09:43:55 AM »
Although an old dog, I just manage to learn new tricks from time to time, who knows?
Maybe I'll start with 28mm pirate skirmish games as soon as my budget permits.

Maybe it's time for you to move into being an old salty dog through pirate wargaming!  ;)

But then, I'll have to remake all my scenery as it is oriented for 15 and 20mm.

Think about this as a new pleasure! And the sailing is usually as FUN as the destination!  :D

I take in serious consideration of your kind words, as you show such an appreciation for my work. Thank you!

DintheDin
, you're always welcome! I really do appreciate that amazingly creative work of yours, keep going! (in 28mm scale I hope so! ;D)

« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 09:45:57 AM by dinohunterpoa »

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2017, 09:03:31 PM »
Maybe it's time for you to move into being an old salty dog through pirate wargaming!  ;)

Think about this as a new pleasure! And the sailing is usually as FUN as the destination!  :D

DintheDin
, you're always welcome! I really do appreciate that amazingly creative work of yours, keep going! (in 28mm scale I hope so! ;D)

As the pic says, I am compelled to do the first and try my best to follow the second...
Smartly there men! Batten down the hatches! Storm is brewing!   

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Re: Pirate Island project (The Sea Tower)
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2017, 09:10:17 PM »
The Sea Tower

At the South side of the town, over the cliffs there is a guard tower from where you can watch for enemy sails and also serves as a prison.
Here are some pics from our previous pirate game, "The men of the Misty Dawn"
Painted by Miltiades.

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Re: Pirate Island project (On Saturday game with Pikeman's Lament)
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2017, 11:18:21 AM »
While I write the scenario, Miltiades is busy at his basement to assemble all that is needed for the table set-up