Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:45:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New release from Company B: Filipino Guerrillas  (Read 1477 times)

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
    • http://www.companyb.biz
New release from Company B: Filipino Guerrillas
« on: May 07, 2017, 05:56:44 PM »
In celebration of some family heritage, I'm happy to announce the release or our new set of Filipino Guerrilla fighters and Female Commanders.

This is the first of several new sets of miniatures that will focus on the Battles in the Philippines.

www.companyb.biz

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: New release from Company B: Filipino Guerrillas
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 06:22:48 PM »
 :o
They will be very useful! I can see them being used for local Viet-mine, Hukbalahap "Huks" maybe even some better armed Indonesian revolutionaries. So there is carrier over into the 1950s mid 60s coldwar. Or even as Pulp pirates.

But a few questions. What is the Felipa Culala fig armed with? what are the two Guerrillas armed with on the top far right, and bottom row far left? What else is planed for this range of figs?
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 11:06:52 PM »
Not bad, should prove a useful adjunct to my existing forces for the Borneo Rebellion.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 04:41:43 AM »
Not bad, should prove a useful adjunct to my existing forces for the Borneo Rebellion.
Exactly, they will have great use for cold war era south-pacific militias.

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 05:07:48 PM »
:o
They will be very useful! I can see them being used for local Viet-mine, Hukbalahap "Huks" maybe even some better armed Indonesian revolutionaries.

But a few questions. What is the Felipa Culala fig armed with? what are the two Guerrillas armed with on the top far right, and bottom row far left? What else is planed for this range of figs?

Funny and accurate, as Felipa was a Huk Princess, or at least considered one.  She was a minor leader and founder of the Communist Guerrilla movement that lasted in the Philippines from 1941 through 1954.  I'll get a list of the weapons together.

This joins our US Alamo Scouts as miniatures depicting WW2 in the Philippines.  We already have our Japanese Range available through Brigade Games.  More figures...  I'd like to do the Filipino Scouts in Early US uniforms and Hats, along with the 26th Cavalry Regiment (with full charging horses) They were famous for the last full horse cavalry charge in the US armored forces, scattering the Japanese troops encircling them.  They were later integrated into local Guerrilla groups before being reintegrated into the US Army when they returned. 

Also, a few character units.  Some Japanese officers...especially a Japanese supply officer my grandfather told me about, as well as my Grandfather, my great Uncle (who survived the Battan Death March), and a few of my relatives that we're in various Guerrilla units (and helped my Grandfather escape a Japanese work crew)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 05:26:52 PM »
Sounds great, I am not sure any one makes the Philippine American army let alone the Philippine scouts.
I do think it would be cool to see a few different sections of the guerrillas, some armed only with rifles, machetes, some LMG groups with BARs and Japanese legs.
And some MMG groups.
Oh and some potters and regular civilians. Some one for the guerrillas to protect.

My Grand Father fought in the Pacific as a p-38 Pilot in the south Pacific but I believe he was flying a desk at the time of the liberation. He got shot in the Ass blowing up a troop ship and was taken off flight statues.  lol  
But apparently his brother who was a Merchant Marine. Was island hoping with their munition ships, trying to avoid Japanese patrols as the Islands fell.He Finally made it to relative safety in Australia.
He also loved the Philippines and started a family there.
Will this figs be sold by Brigade games or your Company B sight?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 05:38:15 PM by commissarmoody »

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 06:21:39 PM »
Eventually..I'd like to also do some pacific Island Adventurers, and supernatural Filipino creatures...The Aswang, Bunganese..etc.  I have hours of audio recollections fro my grandfather.  But that's in the future.  For those I'll need to sculpt myself.  I've spent the last 5 months sculpting Spaceships in CAD and getting those into production. So now I need to switch gears and do people and creatures.

These miniatures will all be Company B.  Short run sets of miniatures that the three of us here at Company Bwant to game with..so definitely not in the mainstream!

-Brent

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 07:32:34 PM »
Sounds like some good ideas. I was also thinking that it would be good for some pulp style games.