Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:00:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690860
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Infintely horrid  (Read 1298 times)

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
Infintely horrid
« on: May 05, 2017, 06:54:16 AM »
Oh no another project!  I'm actually pretty excited about this one.  I have been watching the Infinity range for quite a while and really took a shine to the models.  Recently a friend ran me through a game and I was really impressed.  The scale is right up my alley and the way the game plays really interests me;  That and seeing cool cyberpunk inspired terrain here and the models themselves sold me :D.  For the time being I'm starting up with some Tohaa models.  I like the look of them and the notion that they are built around team mechanics and potentially are a machine greater than the sum of it's parts.  I wasn't really sure how I would paint them and I suddenly had a diverse group of models I really had no idea how I was going to start painting.  They have all languished assembled and primed for over a month and I finally started on a test model just recently.  This is my first test fig WIP.  I decided to run with cool harmonies on most of him and introduce a warm compliment with a leather combat rig.  To further even the figure out I hope to introduce some yellow-orange OSL to the parts that are supposed to light up but I'm slow on that because it's not my strong suit.  I found the figure really challenging so far.  It actually isn't difficult so much as painting the details uses a very different style of painting than I typically employ.  I have been using a lot of paint washes and gently edging the paint onto to fine raised details where I'm normally heavier with the brush on most of the other stuff I paint.  My second place force was the Morats because I think think red faced monkey men are badass and since I'm not the most patient or tactical player of games a passionate, facepuching chrge might be a bit of fun too.  I really like those models and probably like them the most of all the ones I have seen but I went with the Tohaa group because I liked most of the models across the factions rather than really being into a niche while lukewarm on the CA as a whole. 

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: Infintely horrid
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 07:20:16 AM »
Wow, superb paintjob!

I am impressed!

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 06:03:40 AM »
Thanks Ockman!  I'm still not sure what the "finished" scheme will look like for the more detailed models but I did get a symbiobomb finished.  It's a simple little model so the paint choices were easy compared the the other more complex figures (Man Infinity models have a lot of details :D ) .  As straight forward a paint as it was the base was a pretty important test for the Tohaa project as a whole.  I could have gone with far future tech bases but I really liked the alien jungle bases I saw on painted Infinity models I was checking out.  I couldn't find any explanation of how people managed it or what they used but I tried to copy the pictures I'd seem with the stuff I had kicking around.  I used some sculpting gel, sand, and finished topped the groundwork with some acrylic beads and some turkey seasoning (There aren't any holdiays with turkey for ages so it's OK) .

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 08:47:35 PM »
Very nice.