Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:32:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690750
  • Total Topics: 118346
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Poll

Who's the daddy?

BasementDweller – Bauhaus Wolfhead Dragoons
Curt – The Brave Burghers of Breugel-Bosch

Author Topic: Round 7 Bauhaus Wolfhead Dragoons vs. The Brave Burghers of Breugel-Bosch  (Read 2228 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 03:48:45 PM by Captain Blood »

Offline khartoum2

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Two great entries both really nicely painted and set but Curt those figures are Wow.  So much character and fun.  Are they conversions or available as I feel a purchase or two coming on

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
Love the cannon's load!

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
Love the cannon's load!

Me, too! Very whimsical approach, Curt! Your mini-diorama bases are stellar. Do you use them for gaming, or sell them, or just display them?

I like the dragoons, too -- very clean and crisp appearance.

Mike Demana
www.firstcommandwargames.com
http://leadlegionaries.blogspot.com/

Offline Curt

• Librarian
    • Analogue Hobbies
@basement dweller: Those dragoons are very cool, the blue and white scheme works very well with them. I particularly like the helmets.

@ khartoum2: Thanks very much. Both sets are available, funny enough, through Lead Adventure Miniatures. I've done a few slight modifications for fun, but otherwise they are pretty much stock.

@ blacksoilbill: Cheers, I thought the townspeople would use everything at hand to serve as ammunition (there is even a blacksmith's anvil in there somewhere).

@ mikedemana: Thank you very much! I really enjoy working on the story-telling aspect of vignettes, but saying that I always have a gaming application in mind as well. These two sets are scheduled for a dark fantasy Renaissance game set in the Low Countries.

Offline jambo1

• Scatterbrained Genius
Both great entries, the Wolfhead Dragoons are very nice but I think the Burghers are possibly the best I have seen in the whole 7 rounds, absolutely first class. :)

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
I always  admire people painting those old Warzone miniatures so well :O
So my vote went to them

But LA medieval miniature are great and what a rendition this is Curt!
I love how stones are very sharply different colour from the dirt between them and look as real road at the same time. This an element of basemaking I struggle to do..
Could you tell me what greys are there ?

Offline Curt

• Librarian
    • Analogue Hobbies
@jambo1: Thanks very much, I'm delighted you like them.

@ AWu: Cheers! I'm not quite sure what you're asking regarding greys. I don't recall using much in grey for these pieces. The cobblestones were cut out from card paper, glued straight onto the base and then the whole 'road' was painted dark brown. I then drybrushed up various shades of light brown and ending in a light tan (for the cobblestones themselves). I use various coloured washes to help tie the various shades together and add some depth before applying the final highlight. I hope this helps!

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
So that is the secret :)
I've been trying to acquire similar effect with greys mainly to no avail..
I've tried to build from dark grey and then add little brown hue and from light grey with washes - both ways failed to give such clear and good looking finish
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 01:34:42 PM by AWu »

Offline Axebreaker

• Mastermind
Well done on the Wolfheads basement dweller, but Curt you outdid yourself on this entry! The figures are lovely and basing is top shelf!  :-*

Christopher