Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:49:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: What's next after the E50?  (Read 1140 times)

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
    • http://www.companyb.biz
What's next after the E50?
« on: May 19, 2017, 07:31:29 PM »
Ok..so I literally have only 5 kits of the E50 left.  So that means its getting another run via company B, though as a regular kit. So just the one turret, and track set.

Now, I have all this CAD and masters completed.  Namely a nice big hull than can be repurposed!

So... what would be the item people would be interested in?  Keeping in mind production will be much faster now that we have good portions of the already in production.

E50 Flak turret:  Dual Flak turret add-on
E50 Flak: Full kit
E75: with 128 mm gun in the Tiger II turret/new tracks

One of the above is going to go into production in June. Which is it!?

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: What's next after the E50?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 08:52:19 PM »
Realistically the E75 will probably see the most use in actual games as a count as Tiger II. IIRC there's no official rules for a flak tank in Bolt Action (which yes, people play other games, but that presumably has the market share), not that I wouldn't appreciate one.

That and you could always use the turret as the basis for a regular Tiger II turret to sell as another kit, or on its own (ah, if people want just the turret for conversions maybe. I mean I stuck one onto a Tiger I for some reason). The tracks as well could be a jumping point for other kits, particularly Jagd versions > where if they're beefy enough could be used to justify mounting a larger gun on the chassis.

Ah, and I really want one. More than the E50 (or rather the two E50s) I bought from you. ;)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 08:40:39 AM »
E-75!
It is just a big damn sexy tank...

I have found memories of my Cromwell 1:72 E-75.

Oh, and BTW - great paintjobs on the E-50!!!  8)
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 03:54:11 PM »
 I think I'd have to go with the flak turret as an add-on, the huge points cost of heavies in pretty much all games at 28mm (with perhaps the Tank War BA variant being the exception) precludes putting more than one on the table.
 While SoTR has rule for the smaller E's (10 & 25), & it being easy to substitute them for Hetzers & Jagdpanzer IVs (pretty close real world analogues), the E-50 is essentially a Tiger II (equivalent gun, armour & performance) & can so be substituted for that. The E-75 is a tougher call - it's a Tiger II with nobs on & I don't think there's a straight crossover in any ruleset (bar Victory Decision?). You'd have to find a way of representing more armour than a Tiger II &, perhaps more importantly, it's 105mm gun (even if it were a straight replacement with the existing 105mm AA weapon it'd have more poke than the 88mm KwK43, without attempting the impossible task of trying to cram the KwK44 128mm in, along with the huge two-part ammo & the extra loader crewman necessary). If it were the proposed AT version, it'd probably have been significantly better - much like the comparison between the Tiger I's FlaK 36 & the Tiger II's PaK 43 based weapons.
 That said, want one? Silly question, of course I do! I was planning to use the spare tracks from the E-50 full kit to attempt a scratchbuild of the (fictional APC) Buffel, but were you to have a stab at that...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 06:16:04 PM by Ballardian »