Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:15:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Darathar's Fantasy Minis - (New With A Ranger Of ShadowDeep)  (Read 3056 times)

Offline Darathar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
This thread will have all of the fantasy minis i paint... not even i know what will end up in here as i collect so many different things i hope you enjoy them.
First off is a questing knight (Knight Questor) :-I from the silver tower boxed game i changed his helmet to make him look more like the Lothric knights in Dark Souls 3.

Next is a reaper wizard who i made into a Radagast The Brown

Next is a Mordheim warlock

And last is a Lord Relictor From Age Of Sigmar in the colours of my Stormhost The Astral Vindicators

« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 01:45:01 AM by Darathar »

Offline Darathar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Next up is a book inspired version of The Hound from a song of ice and fire. He's a few years old now so i'm thinking of converting a new one. He's made of parts from Perry Miniatures, Wargames Factory vikings, Darksword miniatures and a good old GW shield with space wolf Transfers as I was terrible at free hand back then... now i'm OK i guess.

Offline boneio

• Scientist
Very nice - love the Hound!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Nice work.
They are all full of character.
 :-* :-*

The more I see of these AoS conversions, the more I am taken with them.
Funny how just a little tweak here and there really improves the original design, to my eyes anyway.
 :)

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
The first guy with the helmet change looks fantastic! As does the wizard

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
Indeed, cut away the ribbons, change the helmets & weaponry fo something more archaic and you might end up with something quite useful as Paladins of Law ( or something like that ).
Nice, alround collection of figs you show over here  :).
Leadhead

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
Lovely models - and the helmet swap on the first one is probably the most successful conversion of that model I've yet seen. Well done! :)

Offline Darathar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Thanks for all the comments!
Next up is ruins i made originally as rubble terrain for Warmachine

With a reaper Dusk Warden

Offline Darathar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Re: Darathar's Fantasy Minis - (NEW with Bruegelburg Review)
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 10:05:18 AM »
Hey all I haven't posted anything on this thread for a while. But after what can only be described as a real bastard of a week I had a pleasant surprise in the mail today...

MY BRUEGELBURG kickstarter arrived today!!  :D

These are the first Lead adventure/Ratnik minis i've ever bought and i must say the quality is Fantastic, there's barley any mold lines, no miscasting at all or any other mold related issues at all and the detail is amazing as well.

I bought them with intentions of using them as both a Mordheim Warband and for an Age of Sigmar skirmish Warband and I was pleased to see that they Scale well with both ranges.

And the Guard with the Halberd came with the best shield design I think I need more of these.

I can't wait to paint these guys and I'll be posting painted pics as soon as I can, I really wish I backed alot more on this Kickstarter (next time for sure). ;)

Offline Anselm van Helsing

• Scientist
Re: Darathar's Fantasy Minis - (NEW-with Bruegelburg Review)
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017, 08:33:57 AM »
Oh, nice miniatures here. :)

Eager to see what you do with your Bruegelburg. I've got mine nicely packed away in a box, waiting me first to finish the projects on my table... Might be a long wait, but I'd love to see someone work on these in the while. :)

Offline TheHoodedMan

• Schoolboy
Re: Darathar's Fantasy Minis - (NEW-with Bruegelburg Review)
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 01:01:21 PM »
I can only confirm what you said. The Bruegelburg minis have very sharp details and are fantastically designed. I´ve got some of them waiting basecoated as a Mordheim Warband as well.

Offline Darathar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Re: Darathar's Fantasy Minis - (NEW-with A Ranger Of Shadowdeep)
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2018, 01:44:20 AM »
AANNDDD that's why you should check back regularly on your threads... sorry guys I didn't realize anyone had written back on this thread my bad  ;D.

So with Rangers Of Shadowdeep about to be released and my love of solo games I thought I'd get started... not that I know too much about it other than the fact you can be a ranger!

So my first Mini before it launches is Ranger Captain Darathar a Reaper Dreadmere Ranger:

With abit more light

I'm very much excited at the prospect of this game.

Thanks for reading  :).