Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:47:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Broken Legions Resources  (Read 3272 times)

Offline Marshall Sparks

• Bookworm
    • Mark A. Latham Facebook Page
Broken Legions Resources
« on: May 24, 2017, 03:31:19 PM »
Hullo one and all!

I thought I'd swing by to offer some links to free Broken Legions content, for all your alt-fantasy-ancients needs.

The latest list for Broken Legions is the Scions of Hannibal (that's Carthaginians to you and me): http://thelostvictorian.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/carthago-delenda-est.html

In case you missed my previous rules updates, we have Barbarian tribe variants: http://thelostvictorian.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/a-bit-of-barbaric-splendour.html, some new Auxilia http://thelostvictorian.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/send-forth-auxilia.html, and the Designer's Notes: http://thelostvictorian.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/broken-legions-design-notes.html

And for further discussion, look no further than the Facebook groups: www.facebook.com/groups/broken.legions/ and https://www.facebook.com/groups/1351193894894122/

Finally, keep your eyes peeled in the coming months for a three-part Broken Legions Cthulhu series in Wargames Illustrated. Currently pencilled in to start in August, subject to change depending on the vagaries of magazine scheduling  :)

Enjoy!

Mark

Offline Justizius

• Bookworm
Re: Broken Legions Resources
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 10:07:29 PM »
Thank you for the extra content!
Got the Broken Legions and Cthulhu Campaigns Ancient Rome books at Salute this year and they are great!
So I guess I have to finish my Roman warband to fight some mythos beasts this summer.  :)

Offline Marshall Sparks

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 01:30:48 PM »
Got the Broken Legions and Cthulhu Campaigns Ancient Rome books at Salute this year and they are great!
So I guess I have to finish my Roman warband to fight some mythos beasts this summer.  :)

Yep! And many thanks - glad you're enjoying them :)

Offline bobblezbob

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 10:24:06 AM »
I haven't gamed in years - more of a collector and painter these days - but from what I've read about Broken Legions, the idea and mechanics of the game remind me of Games Workshops old Lord of the Rings 'Battle Companies' which I used to play back in the day when GW first released their LOTR figures.
The premise of an alternate/history/fantasy game has really intrigued me and having been inspired by a few posts on here showcasing the lovely Victrix EIR I bought myself a pack of the figures and have ordered up the rule book - it can't get here fast enough as far as I'm concerned !
Thanks for the links Mark - I had to 'borrow' my partners Facebook account to access the groups as I'm not on Facebook (but might have to sign up just so I can have a proper snoop to keep up with peoples chatter).
Keep up the good work and adding resources please  ;)

Regards

Offline Marshall Sparks

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 02:29:03 PM »
A bit of threadomancy, but I hope you'll forgive me: thought I'd keep all this 'official' info in one thread.

You can now find additional Broken Legions content in Wargames Illustrated! The latest issue has new Cthulhu Mythos themed warbands. It's the first of three parts which, when taken together, will essentially make a mini-supplement.

UK link here: https://store.warlordgames.com/products/wargames-illustrated-issue-358-august-2017

If you can't get the physical copy, a Wargames Illustrated Prime subscription lets you read the digital version for free: http://www.wargamesillustrated.net/wi-358-august-2017/

Cheers,

Mark

Offline Siaba

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 11:36:13 AM »
Great article! I enjoyed it so much that I've begun a band of herodians for Broken Legions.
Romani ite domum!!  :D
"The enemy? His sense of duty was no less than yours, I deem. You wonder what his name is, where he came from. And if he was really evil at heart. What lies or threats led him on this long march from home. If he would not rather have stayed there ... in peace. War will make corpses of us all."

Offline Justizius

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 12:12:07 AM »
Yes, these are very cool new warbands in that article! I am looking forward to field some undead legionaries.  :)

Offline Paboook

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 01:10:20 PM »
I guess I need to buy that WI issue  ;)

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 10:04:10 PM »
The 9th Legion may be a way for me to use some of those Zvezda skeletal legionaries!

Offline dampfpanzerwagon

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 10:07:55 PM »
Thanks for the links.

I have the rule book, but have yet to play a game. I think the idea was of more interest to me than the actual wargame.

Even so I congratulate you on the content.

Tony

Offline Richard in Sachsen

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 06:37:01 AM »
The 9th Legion may be a way for me to use some of those Zvezda skeletal legionaries!

I'm thinking the same thing. Finally a reason to pin & vice every femur and humerus. Those models are so delicate with thousands of pieces that I found them impractical to use as gaming pieces unless every piece was reinforced with 0.05mm wire. I'll probably use 20x20mm steel bases not only for magnetic contact with storage boxes but also to give them a little weight as well.

I picked up a bunch of them off of eBay (out of China, heh) for a 1:1 Century with horse and artillery but because they are such a pain to put together, they've been sitting in their boxes until "I can get to them."

You go to war with the figures you have, not the figures you wish you had!

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 02:16:53 AM »
Or, with slightly more conversion work, legionaries from any of the XVII, XVIII, or XIX legions...  ;)

I'm thinking the same thing. Finally a reason to pin & vice every femur and humerus. Those models are so delicate with thousands of pieces that I found them impractical to use as gaming pieces unless every piece was reinforced with 0.05mm wire. I'll probably use 20x20mm steel bases not only for magnetic contact with storage boxes but also to give them a little weight as well.

I picked up a bunch of them off of eBay (out of China, heh) for a 1:1 Century with horse and artillery but because they are such a pain to put together, they've been sitting in their boxes until "I can get to them."

Offline Steelwraith

• Bookworm
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2017, 12:05:58 AM »
I suppose one could just use Bones skellies and give them some Warlord scutum and helms and call it a day. Using wire to string together such tiny pieces (thousands? Yikes!) is way more work than I have time and remaining sanity to do.

Gabbi

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2019, 08:09:18 PM »
I bring back this old thread just to point out that the author has kindly made available the whole Cthulhu Campaign on his blog.
Old news,  probably most people would be aware already. I post here just to have all links in one place.

https://thelostvictorian.blogspot.com/2018/03/here-be-monsters.html