Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:04:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690843
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: A short game(for Tin tin).  (Read 1753 times)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: A short game(for Tin tin).
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2017, 08:55:59 PM »
Mason,
The chateau is a disappointment. The only reason I keep it is because my son bought it for me.(because like you it was on my wish list) Nothing is central on its base no doubt somebody will say the off centre placement is to make it easier to separate the floors etc. But it doesn't. Just makes it a pig to detail.
Save your money and hold out for their Tudor mannor house. Much better kit,and far more useful (I've done two on commission lots of work but worth it.)

Mark

Oh....

In that case, I shall give a miss then.
Bearing in mind that I dont 'do' interiors, reaching various levels would be irrelevant.
Maybe I should just build something from scratch and see if I can get hold of some window 'sets' for uniformity.

There is nothing more annoying than buying something thinking that it will make your life easier only to find the opposite!
Thanks for the heads up.
 :)

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2017, 09:53:20 PM »
A stunning table.  :-* very impressive. shame about the scenario better luck with them next time.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2017, 11:32:06 PM »
Mason,
If your in the market try WOW Buildings This is £30 on the website and £25 on eBay . Not actually tried a 3d print kit from them . But  they've a few tempting kits The gun boat for one seems worth the a punt,and the Airfield  control tower although its a little big for my collection as a prefer some scale compression in my buildings.

Vagabond
Glad you like the look of the table,most of my own buildings tend to be cereal packet card,or(for speed) rescaled HO railway buildings,with the same detailing as the cereal packet ones.

Online Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2017, 07:12:16 PM »
Michi,
Not quite sure what you mean. If you meant the lack of figures on the table,then that's simply to encourage them to concentrate on the basic mechanics of the game.
If you mean the shabby styling of the buildings, Then that's close to my intention. I've chosen a halfway house between war torn and a fully functioning town. As it tends to be the window cleaners and road sweepers who decide to retire first when lead poisoning becomes an occupational hazard.
It means that I can represent a deprived and run down community,or even a zombie apocalypse.
This way I can add a little bit of texture to tarmac roads,As they only cost £2.25p to make(and I over paid at that).

Yes, that´s what I meant. Thanks for your detailed explanation, Mark.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2017, 11:46:50 PM »
Mason,
If your in the market try WOW Buildings This is £30 on the website and £25 on eBay . Not actually tried a 3d print kit from them . But  they've a few tempting kits The gun boat for one seems worth the a punt,and the Airfield  control tower although its a little big for my collection as a prefer some scale compression in my buildings.

WOW, indeed!
That is pretty impressive for the money.
I may just have to give that a go.
It certainly looks like it should turn out better than the Chateau.

Cheers!
 :D