Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:05:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: More stuff from Ironclad Miniatures.  (Read 5984 times)

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
Re: More stuff from Ironclad Miniatures.
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 03:05:02 PM »
I can see quite a large order coming on...  :)

Martians!  :-*

I forgot to add an additional "Oh, dear..." to the front of my original message.

(Just a couple of figures I thought, just to see if this VSF thing is as much fun as everyone says. Soon-to-be-Mrs-JollyBob is going to kill me. This'll be her special wedding shoes money...  ;D)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 03:30:33 PM »

I forgot to add an additional "Oh, dear..." to the front of my original message.

(Just a couple of figures I thought, just to see if this VSF thing is as much fun as everyone says. Soon-to-be-Mrs-JollyBob is going to kill me. This'll be her special wedding shoes money...  ;D)

Darth Bob,

Just use one of your recently acquired Jedi skills, the Mind trick should work. "Those arent the shoes you are looking for..."

She's probably got too many pairs of shoes anyway, just tell her to wear a pair of sandals as nobody will see them under the dress anyways. ;)

"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Matakakea

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 05:37:33 PM »
Oh dear..... I seem to running out of money faster than things to spend it on ;D
I'm not a mercenary. Killing's more of a hobby for me.

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2009, 05:51:33 PM »

Darth Bob,

Just use one of your recently acquired Jedi skills, the Mind trick should work. "Those arent the shoes you are looking for..."

She's probably got too many pairs of shoes anyway, just tell her to wear a pair of sandals as nobody will see them under the dress anyways. ;)

Alternatively,

Total the cost of her ensemble for the day (dress, shoes, hairdo, skimpies, makup etc. etc.) and add in that of the bridesmaids to get A (the cost of what she wants) 

Do the same for your ensemble (dry-clean of work suit, polish for shoes, new tie) and add in that of the best man's to get B (the cost of what you want)

Take A from B to get C, the difference in costs.

Divide C by 10 to get D, 10 percent of the cost difference - hereafter referred to as 'the prize'

Then . . .

Have a conversation with the soon-to-be-Mrs-JollyBob about marriage being a sharing relatinship, where everything is shared equally - best done in a subtle manner over supper.

Wait a day or two.

Then . . .

Casually recall the 'sharing' conversation and nonchalantly present your workings out to the soon-to-be-Mrs-JollyBob.

Talk about her getting what she wanted, how lovelly it is and how great she's going to look. Mention figure A, then mention the difference (C) and explain that you haven't quite got everything you want. Then stress that you're a reasonable bloke, and even though you're really, REALLY committed to sharing everything equally, you think it's unreasonable to take that much money (C) from your joint account, especially as the outstanding things you want don't cost anywhere near that much.

At this point the soon-to-be-Mrs-JollyBob should be feeling a tad guilty so it's time to go for 'the prize'. If there is any indication here that the soon-to-be-Mrs-JollyBob isn't feeling a tad guilty, abort at this point!

If the conditions look favourable, suggest to the soon-to-be-Mrs-JollyBob that you'd be more than happy, in fact over-the-moon, with a MERE TENGTH of the difference. Quietly meniton figure D, "the prize".

And that's it! I recon you'll net somewhere in the reqion of 50 to 80 quid to spend on toys! :D

Assuming When it works, get me another pack of the Naval Boarding Party will you please.  ;)

Dr De'Ath
(with too much spare time on his hands, waiting for the traffic to clear before going home)

Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2009, 05:57:34 PM »
 lol lol lol

Either the above or she will remove something very precious to him and we are not talking lead/pewter based. ;)

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2009, 10:27:36 AM »
Dr De'Ath, you truly are an evil genius!  lol

Thankfully, she's more sense than to come between a chap and his lead, so has carefully arranged a seperate account for the wedding money that she checks every day for foolish man-sized idiot spending.

As long as I keep paying into it the rest of my money is mine to do with as I wish....

Now, Ironcladman, do you do bulk discounts...?  ;)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2009, 11:44:27 AM »
Oh dear..... I seem to running out of money faster than things to spend it on ;D

Only figured that out recently????  lol
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Skrapwelder

• Mastermind
  • Pluviophile
    • What Ho, Cythereans!
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 01:13:11 PM »
Any such discussion in my house would quickly become pots calling kettles... She collects 19th and early 20th century circus photography. I could buy an army for the cost of a single Barnum & Bailey Circassian Beauty.