Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:29:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690780
  • Total Topics: 118349
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Florian's SciFi Forces: 23 April 2024: Orks! Orks! Orks!  (Read 39121 times)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Re: Florian's SciFi Forces (Resurrected in October 2022: 40k in 15mm)
« Reply #210 on: October 20, 2022, 06:30:10 PM »
Hah! And I thought there was some secret story (like you being from Z-aragossa or something) behind it ;), but I guess, once we habe accepted our nicks, it somehow becomes cozy to stick to them.

And I think, you’re right Werner Klocke is the man behind the sculpts. I grew up in the same town as Kaptin Klocke, even had a school buddy who lived in the same street. Alas, I was far too young to appreciate it.

In my experience, and I have quite an extensive collection by now, the only models that come close to Klocke‘s Demonworld range are Copplestone Castings, of course since it’s been done by the one and only Mark Copplestone, then Khadrin‘s Miniatures (who somehow went oop), one of the Splintered Lights sculptors (the one who did the orcs, ratmen and dark elves) and Stu from Slap Miniatures (also oop).

Some stuff from Crom’s Anvil, Khurasan, Highlander Studios and other companies is also very good  for 15s, but the above mentioned sculptors’ work could easily be sold as 28mm and no one would complain!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Florian's 15mm/20mm SciFi Forces: And now for some Dark Future / Gaslands
« Reply #211 on: October 23, 2022, 07:58:21 PM »
A streetgang from GW‘s Dark Future. The models were sculpted by the Perrys, they are hard to find, but awesome! Absolutely brilliant … and they fit with many die cast toy cars which makes them ideal for Gaslands.  ;D

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
Re: Florian's SciFi Forces in 15mm-20mm (Resurrected in October 2022)
« Reply #212 on: October 24, 2022, 07:44:35 AM »
Excellent work!  Love the colors you selected.

Dan

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #213 on: October 24, 2022, 08:09:18 AM »
Excellent work!  Love the colors you selected.

Dan

Thank you, Dan! The models were a real joy after my extended forced break.
And concerning the colors: I did expose myself to a large amount of 80s action/scifi to get into the right mood for these ;)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #214 on: October 24, 2022, 08:17:51 AM »
Crazy Warboys are the backbone of the road-bands of Immortan Joe. I aleays was a big Mad Max fan. So much that I even had a birthday with themed costumes when I was a student. That was many, many years ago, and when Mad Max 4 was announced, I didn’t expect much. After all it’s been nearly 30  since I saw the old movies.
We saw it on my birthday…and it was…vroom vroom, cars, gasoline, fire, ⛽️ BENZIN!!!! The best movie of all time PERIOD. Okay, I say the same about Conan the Barbarian and about a dozen other movies…but here it’s true!
Well, you can all imagine my joy, when my favorite sculptor Mr Mark Copplestone released several 20mm not-warboys for the Gasland game via northstarfigs .
The models are brilliant and to make it even better, they are exactly the same scale as the brilliant long oop models for Games Workshop‘s Dark Future that were sculpted by none other than the Perry Twins!
Well here are my attempts to paint two warboys for my Gaslands collection. Probably I will also use them to play Nick Lund‘s Killzone, one of the best sci-fi skirmish systems ever developed! 

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #215 on: October 24, 2022, 08:26:18 AM »
I think, I haven’t shown these, yet:

Two of my Dark Future/Gaslands team. Cars are diecast models pimped up with various parts from my bits box. Models are from khurasan miniatures, North Star (Copplestone)  and Games Workshop.

Excuse the poor light.

As you can see, I’m preparing teams of drivers and just need to find the right tuleset to play Mad Max - The Roadwarrior or Fury Road on my tabletop!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #216 on: October 24, 2022, 08:28:48 AM »
Some more Dark Future/Gaslands teams. Cars are die cast models. Drivers are from hasslefree miniatures, games workshop and alternative armies.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #217 on: October 24, 2022, 12:57:59 PM »
Loving the new Gaslands stuff, something I have been tempted with but have managed to resist so far.
 8) 8)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #218 on: October 24, 2022, 06:05:18 PM »
Loving the new Gaslands stuff, something I have been tempted with but have managed to resist so far.
 8) 8)

Oh, you should get into it! It’s a lot of fun. A few bucks for a crazy matchbox car at the supermarket and a rummage through your bits box is all you need to start. I don’t even bother of stripping the cars…

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #219 on: October 25, 2022, 07:39:21 AM »
Looking the part mate! 👍
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #220 on: October 25, 2022, 07:51:55 AM »
Thank you, Mr Gnome!
I enjoyed myself quite a lot with these toys. Here is another fun group:

You tried to f@ck the law, but the law f@€ks back! 😳These stunning near future law enforcers could step right out of a 2000AD comic. I bought them from Apocalypse miniatures, and they’re beautiful if a tad too large. I cut off the integral bases and shortened their legs to make them fit the rest of my 20mm collection. Now they do not only fit with the Dark Future and Copplestone stuff, but could also work with the old school Dredd from citadel miniature I still had in my possession.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Florian's SciFi Forces in 15mm-20mm (more Gaslands/Dark Future)
« Reply #221 on: October 30, 2022, 07:15:06 AM »
Apart from the excellent models by Games Workshop there are cool models sold by elhiemfigures and the gasland markcopplestone range sold by northstarfigs; I use them all, but add all kinds of plastic and metal models also from larger scales such as space orks from citadel miniatures who make for a great supermutants.  Even a repainted plastic armyman (you know the ones children of the 70s and 80s had in huge masses in their toy collection) found its way into my Gasland modles. I think, the alien is from QRS.

Offline ithoriel

• Scientist
« Reply #222 on: October 30, 2022, 02:01:50 PM »
Love the figures!

I do my sci-fi RPG and 5 Parsecs stuff in 20mm and between Dark Futures (bought a shedload cheap when GW discontinued it), Elheim, Gaslands and some historicals it's amazing how many figures you can get. Add in the things like critters and aliens, which can be pretty much any size and the world's your oyster.

These days it's even easier as many sellers of 3D prints will rescale, if asked.

Also, humans are varying sizes when on one planet, who knows what variations life on other planets will bring. So, 1/76, 1/72 and 1/64 get mixed in together. I even have some Hasslefree Grymm in the mix.

There are 100 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #223 on: October 30, 2022, 10:20:33 PM »
Thank you, Ithoriel!

I didn’t get my Dark Future models really cheap, but I got some larger lots for okayish prices in the early 2010s. Nowadays it’s insane.

When I got them, I loved them, but thought it would be a small project…as I assumed nothing else existed in this scale.

You are so right: now is the golden age! You can have Gaslands (excellent!), Elhiem (okay, and the new ones seem to be very good), in the States Stan Johansen and Khurasan, the cheap cheap plastic sets (with some very cool models), and 3d printing. Sadly I do not own a printer, but I’m currently testing some sellers printing stuff in 15 and 20mm for me…

Two things am I looking for: a good Elvis (he’s a bounty hunter in Dark Future) and a good Snake Plissken.

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #224 on: October 30, 2022, 11:53:52 PM »

Two things am I looking for: a good Elvis (he’s a bounty hunter in Dark Future) and a good Snake Plissken.

Ask John here, if he can find you a good file to print:

https://wargamerprinting.com/

Dan