Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:43:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Florian's SciFi Forces: Update January 2023: Pulp & PostApoc in 20mm  (Read 37060 times)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Re: Florian's SciFi Forces in 15mm-20mm (Resurrected in October 2022)
« Reply #225 on: October 31, 2022, 05:46:10 AM »
Ask John here, if he can find you a good file to print:

https://wargamerprinting.com/

Dan

Thanks, Dan! I didn’t know that site, and it looks very useful.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #226 on: October 31, 2022, 06:33:43 AM »
Der Vollstrecker

One of my favorite movies as a teenager was Mad Max 2. The German version was shown only very late due to the violence depicted and I watched it from my first TV (old…very old) and had to place about seven books below the antenna to get the signal. The joys of pre-digital television!

Anyway, the movie was great (not surpassed until Fury Road), and it had a much cooler title than in the original: Der Vollstrecker (translate as „the executor“ or „the enforcer“) implying that Max has become a nearly religious force of redemption. It took me years to realize that Max was merely the Roadwarrior😊 The movie still makes the same point though. And in the end we ask, what will happen to the Roadwarrior? Will he appear again in times of need?

Anyway. Here is the very cool 20mm version of the Enforcer sculpted by Mark Copplestone. A very nice model whose biggest challenge is to use mostly black and dark gray colors to stay true to the vision of Max Rockatansky.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 06:36:22 AM by DivisMal »

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #227 on: October 31, 2022, 07:09:39 AM »
Nicely done! I agree with your assessment of the films (although I enjoyed all of them), there’s something appealing about the Max Rockatansky character. Those movies shaped my notions about post-apoc movies (and gaming).

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #228 on: October 31, 2022, 07:35:59 AM »
Nicely done! I agree with your assessment of the films (although I enjoyed all of them), there’s something appealing about the Max Rockatansky character. Those movies shaped my notions about post-apoc movies (and gaming).

Thank you Pattus (Great Patton?). I did enjoy the other two movies, too, but they didn’t enscribe my brain with the need to get an armed petrol truck ready for the day of reckoning  lol

Apart from Max there’s not that mich PostApoc that struck with me. Sure, Zombies are now a big thing, but the idea of petrol shortage and falling back to chiefdoms ruled by rare resources is also pretty clever. The world building may be simplistic as it has to fit into an action movie, but it’s great. Everything fits right where it needs to be. Even the music wagon is totally acceptable in the kind of society depicted (apart from being awesome)!

I’m not sure which rules I’ll use. Probably something between Mutants and Death Ray Guns and Gorkamorka.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #229 on: October 31, 2022, 07:38:17 AM »
And a better shot of Max…my amateur photographing doesn’t like bad light and now the sun has (finally!) risen.

Offline ithoriel

• Scientist
« Reply #230 on: October 31, 2022, 08:47:42 AM »
A great figure and very nicely painted.

My own version is still only undercoated but, since it's not going to be Mad Max, he's going to be in brown jacket and boots and blue jeans .... well he was going to be. I'm having second thoughts now I've seen yours. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and all that.  :)
There are 100 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #231 on: October 31, 2022, 09:21:31 AM »
A great figure and very nicely painted.

My own version is still only undercoated but, since it's not going to be Mad Max, he's going to be in brown jacket and boots and blue jeans .... well he was going to be. I'm having second thoughts now I've seen yours. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and all that.  :)

Thanks! Now I’m really flattered!

I liked the model quite a lot and consider buying a spare or two. I’ve seen some great Judge Dredd conversions around here! And I have a few heads that I could swap…

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #232 on: October 31, 2022, 03:14:40 PM »
Loving that Max!
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #233 on: October 31, 2022, 03:49:09 PM »
Loving that Max!

Witness! (& thanks!   :))

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #234 on: October 31, 2022, 03:59:51 PM »
An armored raider of the „Church of the Last Days and the everlasting Mercy of the Four-armed Messiah“. These fast, armored vehicles gave the arbitrators a lot of trouble. Even bolter fire was mostly harmless, while the raider‘s stubgun ripped through imperial convoys. Every raider could also transport small strike teams!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #235 on: October 31, 2022, 04:03:40 PM »
The „Church of the Last Days and the everlasting Mercy of the Four-armed Messiah“ is a planet wide operating cult. Its members are well armed; many are former troopers of the planetary defence forces. The cult also fields a large number of armored vehicles that are a lethal threat for Adeptus Administratorum judges. When the uprising began, the local governor called for space marines!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #236 on: October 31, 2022, 06:56:09 PM »
The last couple of my die cast cars converted for my Genestealer Cult.

The „Church of the Last Days and the everlasting Mercy of the Four-armed Messiah“ is a danger to farmsteads, villages and even small outposts of the imperial administration. Fast vehicles can quickly redeploy strike teams armed with terror weapons as flamers to raid civilians. Some teams even carry rocket launchers and are a threat for armored vehicles, too!

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
« Reply #237 on: October 31, 2022, 07:52:13 PM »
That heresy "bumper" will be the last thing the unbelievers will see before they are run over... I like it...( not the running over bit   ;) ) Adds flair to the vehicle.
Kind of reminds of the Max Headroom series from the 80's..

Thanks for sharing
Z
http://castrarunis.blogspot.com/

Imagine & you can.
Most see shapes you must see possibilities.
Z

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #238 on: October 31, 2022, 07:55:24 PM »
That heresy "bumper" will be the last thing the unbelievers will see before they are run over... I like it...( not the running over bit   ;) ) Adds flair to the vehicle.
Kind of reminds of the Max Headroom series from the 80's..

Thanks for sharing
Z

Yeah! Bump them for not sacrificing themselves for the four-armed Emperor! It was originally part of the base iirc of a model from Heresy Miniatures, but I thought it would fit in nicely!

Thanks for the kind words!

Offline Hermann

• Student
« Reply #239 on: October 31, 2022, 09:56:43 PM »
Hello.

The idea for ~40K with ~20mm minis and Hotwheels is nice, I try something like that too.  Dark Alliance have 4 sets of plastic figures, 1/72, that I like. Stalker 1 & 2, Survivers & Rednecks.   Hotwheels give me the"Tanknator" and Maisto the pink "Leadslinger".
  Your minis and their vehicles look very good. Do you think, bigger trucks could be part off the game ?