Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:02:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Florian's SciFi Forces: Update January 2023: Pulp & PostApoc in 20mm  (Read 37120 times)

Offline ithoriel

• Scientist
There are 100 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
Some darker fellows. Maybe from a fanatical sect operating in the shadows to fight an ancient enemy?

I think Ral Partha Europe distributes them, the Akarr, under their Critical Mass Games minis:

http://www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/critical-mass-15mm-scifi-c-213/akarr-c-213_218/

I think they have a decidedly Barsoomian feel to them.  :)

Dan
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 08:06:27 AM by Cacique Caribe »

Offline ithoriel

• Scientist
Re: Florian's SciFi Forces in 15mm-20mm (Updates: Mad Max and Tank Girl)
« Reply #258 on: November 25, 2022, 02:42:11 AM »
I got 2 packs of the Akkar Overlords to use as 20mm scale alien assassins for my sci-fi RPG collection. They work well for what I wanted and have seen the table a few times. Who knows, they may even get painted some day. Doh!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Florian's 15mm Forces: XENOS RAMPANT I‘M COMING!!!!!
« Reply #259 on: November 27, 2022, 10:15:23 AM »
I think Ral Partha Europe distributes them, the Akarr, under their Critical Mass Games minis:

http://www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/critical-mass-15mm-scifi-c-213/akarr-c-213_218/

I think they have a decidedly Barsoomian feel to them.  :)

Dan

Thanks, Dan! Yes those are the ones. I’m pretty sure though I bought them from somewhere else. Iirc the line was discontinued and Ral Partha must have acquired it.

I got 2 packs of the Akkar Overlords to use as 20mm scale alien assassins for my sci-fi RPG collection. They work well for what I wanted and have seen the table a few times. Who knows, they may even get painted some day. Doh!

They are really good models. Move them forward in the queue! 😉
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 10:17:28 AM by DivisMal »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
…look what I got myself for Christmas (early)… XENOS RAMPANT is in the mail and I’ll get some enemies for my Cult!

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Florian's SciFi Forces in 15mm-20mm: Update 5/11 The Last V8
« Reply #261 on: November 28, 2022, 02:20:51 AM »

Offline Hermann

• Student
More 20mm minis.

Patrik Miniatures on Etsy offer printed figures in 20 mm, they fit for 20mm games like "Zone Alfa". I don't have them, but I get some nice starguard 20mm figures from reviresco.

Hermann

Offline ithoriel

• Scientist
Wasn't aware of Patrick Miniatures, so thanks for the pointer Hermann. Small order placed.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
More 20mm minis.

Patrik Miniatures on Etsy offer printed figures in 20 mm, they fit for 20mm games like "Zone Alfa". I don't have them, but I get some nice starguard 20mm figures from reviresco.

Hermann

Thanks Hermann, I also placed a small order … let’s see how they come out. Useful stuff here!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Florian's SciFi Forces in 15mm-20mm: Update 5/11 The Last V8
« Reply #266 on: December 03, 2022, 09:18:47 AM »
Have you see tge Ford Falcon XB by Greenlight in 1/64 scale by chance?

Grimm

https://www.google.com/search?q=greenlight+ford+falcon+xb&client=tablet-android-samsung-nf-rev1&sxsrf=ALiCzsbCRM73WiOb1pBXhBrfERWKU1bHDA%3A1669601811844&ei=ExqEY6yUM5mw0PEPjaKCiAM&oq=greenlight+ford+falcon&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAEYADIGCAAQFhAeMgYIABAWEB4yBggAEBYQHjIGCAAQFhAeMgUIIRCgATIFCCEQoAEyBQghEKsCOgoIABBHENYEELADOgUIABCABDoECAAQHjoFCAAQhgM6BQgAEKIEOgcIABAeEKIEOgQIIRAKSgQIQRgAUIcTWNw_YMtUaAFwAHgAgAHIAYgB7ROSAQY4LjE0LjGYAQCgAQHIAQPAAQE&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

Look what the postman just brought. I got two of them in a Black Friday sale. Nice models, but I won’t have time to unpack them until evening…they’re in that nasty plastic package also used for electronic parts, the one where you need a chainsaw to cut through…well nearly 😱

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Florian's SciFi Forces in 15mm-20mm: Dec 22 - SPACE MARINES!!!!!
« Reply #267 on: December 11, 2022, 11:02:16 PM »
Again a week with a lot of coughing and cold in the family, so hobby time is extremely limited.

Anyway, I found a couple of minutes here and there and today I finished the first unit for my coming Xenos Rampant army.

Behold my Space Marines. Bred and trained to defend humanity and defeat its many enemies. 

Custom printed models in 15mm scale. I chose to make them a tad bigger than my Genestealer Cultists and Space Orks.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 11:09:59 PM by DivisMal »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Florian's SciFi Forces in 15mm-20mm: Dec 22 - SPACE MARINES!!!!!
« Reply #268 on: December 11, 2022, 11:09:00 PM »
How big are these and how do they compare to your other models, I hear you ask, Ladies and Gentlemen?

Well they are 22-23mm total size. That makes them slightly bigger than my other models, but that was just what Uncle Tzeentch had planned from the beginning.

What I didn’t think about, however, was that the bases they came with give them another few millimeters which make them seem too large :(

As soon as I base them on cents OR put another cent under my normal models everything is okay.

So what shall I do now? Base the rest of the Marines on cents, leave them as they are or rebase my collection on an additional cent???

First picture shows my Blood Angels next to my customized Space Orks, the other next to the very good Fallout Power Armor troopers from Khurasan. Both fit perfectly imo.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Florian's SciFi Forces: Update January 2023: The Emperor‘s Finest
« Reply #269 on: January 08, 2023, 10:20:51 PM »
I wasn’t really satisfied with the results of my painting of the 3d prints.
The thing is: my usual painting techniques don’t work on them. They’re downscaled 28mm! So while the details are amazing they are not sculpted high enough to let you do them like „normal“ 15mm.

Tonight I sat down and highlighted two of them by hand using my tried and tested orange scale - used on space marines since…umm maybe the late 1990s?

Well the results were much better. Then I had the idea to give them a thin layer of that gemstone color GW produces. It worked imho very well over a highlighted 15mm Chaos Warrior: https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=108985.180

Not sure if they’re now better…I forgot to take pictures of the purely highlighted models, but anyway I think it’s still a progress over the rather flat first try.

So now it’s just a question, shall I do Blood Angels or go for something different like Dark Angels or Space Wolves.

Anyway, ladies & gentlemen, here are two reworked Marines. Truly The Emperor‘s Finest!

Rumor is they will soon be sent in a punishment mission against the Qin trade federation…
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 11:04:23 PM by DivisMal »