Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:34:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690581
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 720
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Florian's Oldhammer Stuff (Resurrection October 2022 - Rackham Confrontation)  (Read 18178 times)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Re: Florian's Oldhammer Stuff (update 8.9.18, Fimirs and pirates arrrrr)
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2018, 08:49:18 PM »
First are a gang of fimirs collected via ebay over the years and from small companies selling not-Fimirs.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Florian's Oldhammer Stuff (update 8.9.18, Various things and pirates arrrrr)
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2018, 08:54:34 PM »
This is an orc pirate captain from Freebooter Miniatures. I have owned the minis for some years now, they’re awesome. Full of character and lovely little details!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2018, 08:58:21 PM »
Long John Silver and his brother in arms, the Goblin pistolero Revlugg (with a little squiddy on his head)!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2018, 09:00:25 PM »
The Goblin pirates. Some awesome Pirates of the Caribbean lookalikes among them!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2018, 09:03:00 PM »
Another Orc Pirate captain and his fellow duelliest. Both are most wanted by the Spanish Empire! (And their little undead monkey with a gun!)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 09:05:54 PM by DivisMal »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2018, 09:08:08 PM »
A limited edition model. Iirc it was exclusively sold at the Spiel in Essen. A lovely model with awesome details! She brings her sidekick monkey, too!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2018, 09:11:05 PM »
And my absolute favorites! Two more goblin pirates modelled by the awesome Werner Klocke (who lived for a long time in my hometown Bottrop), but these are not part of the Freebooter‘s Fate range iirc. One should be a Reaper mini and the other is from the Goblin Aid project from a few years ago!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2018, 11:35:48 PM »
That is a great collection of both Fimir (wonderful old skool classics amongst them!) and some seriously characterful pirates.
 :-* :-*

You really must add the old Empire powder monkey to your collection.
I think I may have one. If it surfaces I will give you a shout.
 ;)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2018, 08:39:19 AM »
That is a great collection of both Fimir (wonderful old skool classics amongst them!) and some seriously characterful pirates.
 :-* :-*

You really must add the old Empire powder monkey to your collection.
I think I may have one. If it surfaces I will give you a shout.
 ;)

Thanks! That would be totally awesome. It would totally fit into this group!

As I said, we are currently moving and after an odyssey of 12 year where we lived in five different towns (and nine different places) we both managed to find permanent positions and I will have a nice, large hobby room!

One of the projects I’ll finish are my pirates. And I still habe the old megabloks model of the Black Pearl.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
We’ve taken a few days off to go to the North Sea. That means, no painting for me, but I thought, I would post some older models from my collection.
Here is an absolute stunning monster: a Proteus Clone from the Scorpions of Dirz. The model is produced on a limited run by Cernunnos Studio, a small scale business from France run by a single person with great enthusiasm.

I usually don’t collect Dirz, but when I saw this one, I knew I needed to get one. It’s useful for Fantasy, PostApoc or even SciFi settings.
I can’t paint in a way to do the fantastic sculpt justice, but I enjoyed myself nevertheless and the little brute sees action in various skirmish games.

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
Don’t recognise any of those but they look great.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
I really like that Dirz clone but sadly the $90 price tag is beyond me. It is great to see new Dirz imagined pieces, my favourite of the Confrontation forces.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Thank you, Sir Shvantselot! Most of my models are long oop and I just collect them to have what I could not afford when I was younger and these were the pinnacle of cool!  lol

I really like that Dirz clone but sadly the $90 price tag is beyond me. It is great to see new Dirz imagined pieces, my favourite of the Confrontation forces.

It’s a high price, but it’s Canadian dollars, so it’s considerably cheaper (though not a bargain). I just had „him“ as a present for myself and really enjoyed painting the model. I have enough models and realized I don’t really need more models, I have enough, but models I enjoy 😉

That said, armies with large model counts I usually do in 15mm …

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
These have been shown before, but now they’re finished and finally based!  o_o o_o I don’t like basing so much and usually put it into a far far away future.  lol

Two Orcs of Bran-O-Kor from Rackham. Awesome models. The right one is a champion character, Vorak, the Unfailing iirc. The left one is actually a one piece cast. Bloody awesome and a joy to paint! As you might see, I was in my yellow phase at that time :)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
A devourer flesh-eater from Rackham miniatures. Lovely model, but now that I see him, I kinda regret using the gold on the armor. Anyway, he’s going to be part if a small Devourer warband.
As a commenter to my Instagram page has suggested, he‘s gonna be the big bad guy in a khorne warband rampaging through the realms of chaos! Gonna get suitable rules out. I’m kinda in love with Of Gods and Mortals.