Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:42:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690932
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 698
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Imperial Guard Highlanders WIP  (Read 2763 times)

Offline Nachtbringer240

• Assistant
Re: Imperial Guard Highlanders WIP
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2017, 12:41:33 PM »
Work has been kicking my ass and my creativity's ass. But I have done some small things. Like I managed to buy Dark Imperium and I also got a new light box too. Nothing major, and I'm still getting the hang of it. But still, there's progress.
So let me show you what I've done so far.
(I'm still having troubles uploading pictures so I'm basically copying and pasting from my blog, so apologies about that)

First up, the assistant gunner for the first heavy bolter team for my Morphean Highlanders. Again, a mix of standard GW Cadian bits, Forge World's Cadian Respirator kit, Secret Weapons backpacks and Victoria Lamb's bits, both the older metal and newer resin bits. The idea I had with him was him rushing back from the resupply truck/half-track with a fresh box of bolter shells for the main gunner to use.

Next up is my most extensively converted model to date, the commanding officer of the First Platoon for my Morphean Highlanders 101st Regiment of Foot. Again, a mix of GW Cadian, Forge World Cadian Respirator kit (you can't see it but Victoria Lamb's Highlander bits have them with gasmask tanks on their back, but I wanted to replace them with actual backpacks, so I cut off the tank and replaced with the bedroll from one of the backpacks in the upgrade kit) and Victoria Lamb's bits. The sword though is made from one of the Executioner Greatswords from the Sisters of Silence kit which I bought online from bitzbox.co.uk.
I was originally a little bit worried since, obviously, the Sisters of Silence are female and generally, women have smaller hands than men, so the fear that the hand wouldn't sync up with the arm was there. And I was proven right too. It was far too small. So I had to basically cut off the hand, then the grip and the sword while also cutting off the hand off one of the banners and then do a bit of filing and shallow drilling to get it all right, but overall, I'm pleased with it.

Then next we have a Ministorum Priest, one of the old ones which I bought from my 'local' (it's about 20 miles away from where I live). I am a little annoyed that these guys have been swapped from the Guard army list to the Adeptus Ministorum list in 8th Edition, but beggars can't be choosers. Plus, I've still wanted to paint one and I've never been able to find the actual one that I want, but still. The plan for this guy is to paint him up like a priest/vicar that followed the Scots Covenanters during The Wars of the Three Kingdoms, so basically just plain black all round, but also adding a little bit more stereotypical Scots flair with him (ginger hair and blue facial tattoos).

Then my last model, my scratch built Recon Salamander. Now, it's nowhere near the same as the actual Salamander model, especially since the official model had sloped armoured around the crew compartment, but in all honesty... I like my version. It kind of brings to mind the Universal Carrier from WW2.
Still currently adding some bits to the outer hull, like the fuel drum at the back along with the pannier full of jerry cans on the other side. I do need to buy the Astra Militarum Tank Accessories kit to cover the tank treads at the front since having just one track guard is just... daft. The crew is currently at a mix of being built and being painted, but I'm quite happy with the result so far.

Boy that's a lot of stuff. But I'm getting there. Getting there.
Just a wanna be modeler.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Imperial Guard Highlanders WIP
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2017, 03:08:38 PM »
Interesting build.

I look forward to seeing it painted.