Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:49:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691056
  • Total Topics: 118367
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: May be something of interest in this new Copplestone range.  (Read 8841 times)

Offline Mad Doc Morris

• Mastermind
  • Olympus speaketh?
Re: May be something of interest in this new Copplestone range.
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 08:42:57 AM »
This is not a problem for "big battles", of course especially in this sort of period, but for skirmishing with Gloire etc I'd like to see a little more variation.

Seconded. I place my hopes on some flamboyant officers for this task.

Anyway, this is a great period for gaming, good mix of cumbersome formations, elegant dresses and swashbuckling characters. Hopefully Copplestone releases also some musketeers without bandoliers as these seem a bit early for the Wars of the Palatine Succession (which would be my favourite) respectively the Spanish Succession.
Looking forward to this - for me totally unexpected - range. :)

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 08:58:52 AM »
This looks really interesting,

Mark sent this e-mail regarding the range

"THE GLORY OF THE SUN

Armies and Enemies of Louis XIV 1665-1680 - despite strange rumours floating around cyberspace this is a straight historical range.

At Salute we`ll have preview packs of:

English Armoured Pikemen, Universal (for English, Dutch, German etc) Musketeers (firing and at the ready), Unarmoured Pikeman, officers, standard-bearers and drummers.

French Musketeers (firing and at the ready) , French Armoured Pikemen and French officers, standard-bearers and drummers.

The musketeers and pikemen will be in packs of 4 -  the command figures will be available at Salute as single figures.  We`ll also have steel wire pikes in packs of 20.

Have a look at the first pics of the new range:

http://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/images/GotSFrench.jpg
http://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/images/GotSUniversal.jpg

Not everything is in full production yet so numbers of some packs are limited - sorry.

Cavalry packs should appear by early May."

just thought this might be interesting

dodge

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 09:00:18 AM »
This is not a problem for "big battles", of course especially in this sort of period, but for skirmishing with Gloire etc I'd like to see a little more variation.

Seconded. I place my hopes on some flamboyant officers for this task.

Anyway, this is a great period for gaming, good mix of cumbersome formations, elegant dresses and swashbuckling characters. Hopefully Copplestone releases also some musketeers without bandoliers as these seem a bit early for the Wars of the Palatine Succession (which would be my favourite) respectively the Spanish Succession.
Looking forward to this - for me totally unexpected - range. :)

Mad Doc Morris -

You know, some of these guys might actually be ok for the early Spanish Succession, certainly the Great Northern War at the very least. I mean, the Danish and Austrian Cuirassiers were still wearing Lobster Pot helmets until toward the end of the WSS, and the
guys in greatcoats look a lot like some of the "old style" regiments from the beginning of the 18th century.

Just a thought, of course, but hey, you might be able to make them work.

Our group here has been gearing up for a WSS campaign.  I'm looking forward to it. In order to save some time, I had part of my army painted professionally, which turned out to be somewhat of a mistake, as the painting service broke several of the figures, and now I have to find a way to replace them *mutter*. Otherwise, it's one of my favorite conflicts to read about, and it's about time I get to game it!

-Doc