Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:27:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Miniature identification - help needed  (Read 1634 times)

Offline .:Gunslinger:.

• Scientist
Miniature identification - help needed
« on: June 17, 2017, 01:16:46 PM »
Hi folks,

I recently stumbled upon this image:

(christopher-bunkerhill.blogspot.com)

I am wondering where the captain and the trumpeter are from? On the page it says these are foundry miniatures, but I couldn't find these particular figures on the Foundry website.
Have these been discontinued?

Many thanks in advance!

Offline mikeygees

• Scientist
Re: Miniature identification - help needed
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 03:33:17 PM »
I think the guy with the sword is a conversion.

Offline Emperorbaz

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 04:31:56 PM »
Yes they are foundry, the musician isn't listed on their website.

Online Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 04:41:49 PM »
Regarding the young man with the horn, there is a figure with an identical pose in their Arthurian, Frankish or Gothic command pack (in a very old catalogue I have to hand, the codes have possibly changed) only with a different head of a cap and flowing long hair.

So either they used the same basic sculpt with a different head for a now-discontinued figure, or it is a headswap-conversion.

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline moiterei_1984

• Mad Scientist
    • My hobby blog
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 12:03:03 AM »
As I've played with these very figures quite a few times I can definitely confirm they're Foundry. As to what packs just ask Christopher directly. He's registered on here as Axebreaker. Hope that helps. Cheers!

Offline Patrice

• Mastermind
  • Breizh / Brittany
    • "Argad!"
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 07:20:44 AM »
It's a Foundry arthurian musician with different head and horse, and chainmail added.

Others seem from the same range, modified too.

Offline Mad Doc Morris

• Mastermind
  • Olympus speaketh?
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 08:07:43 AM »
Surely Chris will chime in soon. However, there are no conversions. The unit comprises figures from LR020, LR021 and LR022 in the current catalogue. Unfortunately, it doesn't show all blister packs. So, the hornist comes from LR040, which is a suspiciously high number. Couldn't find the leader figure, but I've seen it before as part of the "Cavalry Horde". Not sure, if these boxes are still regularly available.

If you are after a particular model, the guys at Foundry may find/cast it for special order.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 08:10:17 AM by Mad Doc Morris »

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 08:36:50 AM »
Just ask Diane or Marcus at Foundry and they'll sort it out for you. Absolutely fabulous customer service.
Panic, Chaos and Disorder. My job here is done

Offline Sarge Canard

• Assistant
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2017, 08:57:15 AM »
Regarding the young man with the horn, there is a figure with an identical pose in their Arthurian, Frankish or Gothic command pack (in a very old catalogue I have to hand, the codes have possibly changed) only with a different head of a cap and flowing long hair.

So either they used the same basic sculpt with a different head for a now-discontinued figure, or it is a headswap-conversion.

Bierderbecke fan?

Online Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2017, 09:19:24 AM »
Not really. I just have a juvenile sense of humour, and so find his nickname endlessly amusing.

Offline .:Gunslinger:.

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2017, 10:27:20 AM »
Wow thanks so much for your answers guys! Really great! I will contact the Foundry Team ;)

Thanks again!

Offline JW. Akers

• Student
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2017, 10:51:50 AM »
Yep. They're all Foundry figs, no conversions. I bought one of the Roman musician figs through a dealer here in the US via a phone call way back in the Dark Ages before the Internet. Nice to know it might be custom cast but what a hassle for a couple of figs. Thanks for the tip!

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2017, 10:53:20 AM »
This doesn't help much, but I looked for years for a Foundry Late Roman cataphract which I knew they made at one stage but which was no longer in their catalogue. What happened was that, when Foundry first introduced packs, they put the Late Roman cavalry into packs of 4 riders and 4 horses. Later, they reduced the number of figures in each pack to 3 riders and 3 horses (at the same price, incidentally, so a significant price increase) and one rider from each pack dropped out of Foundry's catalogue. The cataphract I wanted was one of these figures. A friend, who worked for Foundry, tried to find out what had happened to him, but without success. Eventually I managed to buy him on EBay, but it took me years.  

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2017, 11:04:36 AM »
Actually, I see that Hinds Figures are selling a unit of 12 Foundry late Roman cavalry on UK EBay which seems to include the figures we're talking about. The bad news is that they want £57.60 for them and they've been painted, so you'd almost certainly want to strip them.

Offline nervisfr

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Ch'ti Ré-Animator
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2017, 10:30:27 AM »
This doesn't help much, but I looked for years for a Foundry Late Roman cataphract which I knew they made at one stage but which was no longer in their catalogue. What happened was that, when Foundry first introduced packs, they put the Late Roman cavalry into packs of 4 riders and 4 horses. Later, they reduced the number of figures in each pack to 3 riders and 3 horses (at the same price, incidentally, so a significant price increase) and one rider from each pack dropped out of Foundry's catalogue. The cataphract I wanted was one of these figures. A friend, who worked for Foundry, tried to find out what had happened to him, but without success. Eventually I managed to buy him on EBay, but it took me years.  

see that one from colonel bill shop

Cheers
Eric
Frenchy Eric, aka Ch'ti Eric or Re-Animator
"J'ai bon caractere mais j'ai le glaive vengeur et le bras seculier"

http://chti-reanimator59.blogspot.fr[