Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:25:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686614
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Sigur in Space! - Update: Revenge of the Blood Angels!  (Read 87158 times)

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Sigur in Space! - Sisters of Battle, Eldar, Infinity, all things Sci-Fi.
« Reply #375 on: April 30, 2021, 11:03:31 AM »
Wonderfull job. I mostly see very clean paintjobs  on them. Often well painted, but a bit cartoony compared to this one.
It really gets across what the raging inner fire of the bloody handed God would do to it's outer metal shell. Makes it very intimidating.

yes - superbly well done.

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
'tis a glorious thing to behold.

Top work, your on my list should I cave in and decide that the lead mountain is unsurmounatable and I need a painter for hire.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Excellent.

Offline Warboss Nick

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Impressive collection! I am fascinated at the wealth of colour and how you still managed to make it look as one army  :-*

Are these yours or for a happy customer?

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
@hubbabubba: Yeah, I'm rather happy with the army turned out myself. :) Sure, you can e-mail me any time!

@Ultravanillasmurf: Cheers!

@Warboss Nick: Yeah, I think it works rather well. :) I really dig the look of this army. Much more work than anticipated or armies of one strict colour scheme, but the result's worth it. These are for a happy (i got this confirmed :P ) customer. Me, I play 40k once in about 6 years at this point, and I got way more armies than would be warranted by that frequency of games already. :D   

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
Heyhey, here's a little something for my own collection: Food booths by Micro Art Studio. Relatively cheap,  but rather work-intensive to paint actually. But now they're done and they should work nicely for all sorts of sci-fi and modern settings.

What do you think, madams and sirs?

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
What rate is above first rate... Firstest rate?  :-* :o
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
What rate is above first rate... Firstest rate?  :-* :o

'finger licking good'? :D Working out fake junk foot booth names got me hungry for questionable meals....

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Just caught up with the Eldar pictures, truly phenomenal work. Glorious colours and precision painting! Beautiful! :-*

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
'finger licking good'? :D Working out fake junk foot booth names got me hungry for questionable meals....

don't eat fake junk foot!  ;)

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
@Andym: Thanks very much! It was quite a ride, but now they're all at home and have been received with open arms. :)

@aliensurfer: Too late! I'm all full of "Dino Burgers", "Emperor's Finest", "Tastes like Chicken!" and "Whack Wrapz" (all working titles :P ).

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
Right, here's GW's Mek Workshop!

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2021_06/1schrift.jpg.652f05b708b68566c22bdc78805f2a64.jpg

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2021_06/2schrift.JPG.f84119957231f6cda357724b48bd227e.JPG
Look, dorky me hung the circular saw in the upper left by its cable rather than the handle. Oops. The circular saw and the drill aren't glued on, so no problem there.

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2021_06/4schrift.JPG.a174826a208ef740348a89ba5d141f3c.JPG
It's been a widely welcomed fact that the person who drew this model up on a computer made a little funny by adding GW's mold line remover to the workbench. Of course I painted it accordingly (yup, I own one of these things since a few months ago), even wrote CITADEL on it and all of that. The pad/mat on the workbench of course has to look like cutting mat too.

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2021_06/5schrift.JPG.fb3ec6904fd72c0f5d9dcef9cb1e0f83.JPG

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2021_06/6schrift.JPG.d0a5ee39f3d16f546ae7bff67e3e01b9.JPG
These heaps of scrap probably are even more useful than the Mek workbench. Slap all of that stuff on the table, get out the vehicles you converted for Gorkamorka back then, get out the Gaslands rules and have at it!

Or do something else you enjoy with it. Who am I to tell you what to do. :D

I'm a bit torn on the design idea behind this set to be honest. I mean it's not a Mek Workshop, is it. It's a workbench with a wall that's just big enough for the workbench not to fall over. A workshop is a garage and has a roof. Reminds me a bit of what people who critisise Lego for what they do nowadays with their City stuff. There's a ton of detail on that workbench, but for a terrain piece.... I don't know. Online I've seen someone stick Orky bits on Renedra's Ramshackle Barn, and it looks way more like a proper workshop than this wall.

I'd say the piles of scrap and the barricades makes this set worthwhile. I'm sure though that someone who's got the inclination could take the workbench as is apart and put it into a building could turn this into a pretty cool piece of terrain.

Just a few thoughts on this set. What do you think, Madams and Sirs?

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
It seems more an accessory set to me, just they don't make anything to put it with that is 'Orky'.

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
@aliensurfer: Good point. The model reminds me of a model set I used to own when I was younger:

Basically the same thing, isn't it. :D Bar for the barriers and other cover terrain.
But yeah, I very much agree with your observations on the model. When I was sitting there, looking at the finished piece, pondering, musing if you will, I thought they could do modular Orky things such as this one which fit onto the Imperial building parts they produce. As some sort of Armageddon situation: Orks overran a city and immediately build their own infrastructure into it to keep the campaign going or repurpose Imperial infrastructure for their needs (in both Armageddon wars they basically kept the imperial factories running, keeping the surviving workers on as slave worker force). GW could release that and thus incorporate that Orky range into the existing imperial one. It would be like 'upgrade parts'.

Earlier today I put the finished model back into its box for storage (good thing is that this one's pretty easy to store at least).