Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:20:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689609
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Sigur in Space! - Update: Revenge of the Blood Angels!  (Read 88556 times)

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
Re: Sigur in Space! - Sisters of Battle, Eldar, Infinity, all things Sci-Fi.
« Reply #360 on: April 10, 2021, 11:03:20 AM »
Hi, people!

Here's the Wraithguard:

Hope you like them! Have a smapping weekend with people you like.

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #361 on: April 10, 2021, 06:05:00 PM »
Smooooooth! 8) 8) 8)

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #362 on: April 13, 2021, 09:45:22 AM »
@Andym: Just like a silk-a! Thanks very much. :) It's just a very pleasant-looking colour scheme, isn't it.

Right, hello. Happy Tuesday! I put away my own figures again to paint some more Eldar. In between I've been working on that Battle Sanctum as well. It's a slog, but I'm slowly getting it done.

cellphones do make trashy-looking pictures, don't they. Maybe I'm missing something.

Anyway, that's that. Maybe I'll give the grey a little overhaul, and it needs some more weathering and so on, but I'd say that the thing's 80% "done enough".

Speaking of "done", here's some lovely Wraithlords!

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2021_04/wraithlords1schrift.jpg.750c1f259c09a393c6d679571b08cfe5.jpg

Hope you like them. :)

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #363 on: April 13, 2021, 08:21:13 PM »
Nice work on the Eldar.  A very effective gold/yellow color. Not an easy thing to do.

The Battle Sanctum is looking good - properly rundown and well used. Though the rabbit on top does appear to disapprove of the damaged rails.
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #364 on: April 17, 2021, 12:09:02 PM »
@syrinx0: Thanks very much! Yeah, the rabbit's a disapproving health&safety administrator. ;-)

Heyhey, here's some more yellow dudes:

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2021_04/guardians1schrift.jpg.da1b26e7c0b226ae3cdca7a938d7017d.jpg

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2021_04/guardians2schrift.jpg.e1517bd20ffd2b5e0ee1291cf25fb342.jpg

Yes, you've seen these a few weeks ago, but now they got weapon platforms and dusty feet! That's gotta be worth something, right?

Apart from that I finished the Battle Sanctum.

I'll take some pictures which show the building a bit better lateron. Until then, I hope you like the pictures and that you have a splendid weekend with splendid people. Enjoy. ;)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 12:13:43 PM by Battle Brush Sigur »

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #365 on: April 17, 2021, 07:21:19 PM »
The Yellow Dudes are top notch, but the Battle Sanctum is a hit! Very impressive! Waiting for more pics! Cheers!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #366 on: April 20, 2021, 11:28:53 AM »
@DintheDin: Thank you! I'll see that I get some more pictures of the big house up some time soon!

...but for now here's more yellow dudes on yellow bikes:

full size image:https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2021_04/jetbikeswip1schrift.jpg.4178db06766d1e0f9ddf772fb45acb01.jpg

full size image:  https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2021_04/jetbikeswip2schrift.jpg.c3e25b11ff6aef61af1ed277b93be502.jpg

Hope you like them! :)

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #367 on: April 22, 2021, 12:51:43 PM »
The yellow is stunning :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #368 on: April 24, 2021, 12:20:44 PM »
@gamer Mac: Glad to hear it, as it's about 80% of those figures. :D

Hello, hello, hope you're having a great weekend. Weather's finally better here. I've done some gardening things earlier, but now it's noon and there's a rule that you shan't make noise (I was working that Kärcher like a maniac) between 12 and 2 on Saturdays.

Aaanyway, here's some nice people: Ephrael Stern and Kyganil:

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2021_04/ephraelsternkyganilschrift1.jpg.587cdbf09b9dd72ad6b4d3a1646409bd.jpg

Ephrael Stern looks as usual (angry, mostly. But that's what you get if you build a wall out of pez candy and expect it not to collapse if you hop up and down on it), Kyganil I painted so he fits this collection's Bavaria-inspired Harlequins.

Hope you like'em!

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #369 on: April 24, 2021, 12:58:28 PM »
amazing - stunning  :-*

Offline Warboss Nick

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #370 on: April 26, 2021, 05:07:57 PM »
Stunning work once again  :-*

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #371 on: April 27, 2021, 11:04:37 AM »
@Bloggard: Thanks very much! :)

@Warboss Nick: Cheers!

Heyhey, here's the incarnation of Kaela Mensha Khaine:

Hope you like him! I guess I'll go take some army shots now... :)

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #372 on: April 27, 2021, 07:47:19 PM »
That's an awesome model. When I was still hard into 40k I once got a decent amount of FW models. There was an Revenant titan, a flyer and this one. The flyer and Titan have long been sold off. I just had to conclude I'd never get around to painting them (luckily enough time had passed that the models had become so expensive on FWI  sold them at the same price I got them.
The avatar I haven't parted with. It's just an integral part of the eldar army and I really don't like the normal one. I aim to paint that one still, at some point. Maybe stargrave will give me an excuse to dig out some eldar.

Wonderfull job. I mostly see very clean paintjobs  on them. Often well painted, but a bit cartoony compared to this one.
It really gets across what the raging inner fire of the bloody handed God would do to it's outer metal shell. Makes it very intimidating.
'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #373 on: April 28, 2021, 08:15:50 AM »
That's an awesome model. When I was still hard into 40k I once got a decent amount of FW models. There was an Revenant titan, a flyer and this one. The flyer and Titan have long been sold off. I just had to conclude I'd never get around to painting them (luckily enough time had passed that the models had become so expensive on FWI  sold them at the same price I got them.
The avatar I haven't parted with. It's just an integral part of the eldar army and I really don't like the normal one. I aim to paint that one still, at some point. Maybe stargrave will give me an excuse to dig out some eldar.

Wonderfull job. I mostly see very clean paintjobs  on them. Often well painted, but a bit cartoony compared to this one.
It really gets across what the raging inner fire of the bloody handed God would do to it's outer metal shell. Makes it very intimidating.

Thank you! :) It is a good model. It's not that I dislike the 1992(?) Avatar, but it's pretty mind-boggling that they still sell him. Even back when I was playing the chap looked a bit small.

Yeah, the funny thing is that Eldar generally are very smooth and sexily designed (with some random nubs here and here, but overall very smooth). Forgeworld's sculpting of course is different to that. This dude's got texture, and I think they did a great job depicting the "dude made of metal with lava running through it" look. All these cracks and the textures on the guy are very reminiscent of coarse blacksmithing, iron casting, etc.

Painting him up like a red-hot flamey man I think wouldn't have the same impact and doesn't fit the sculpt that well. Also: painting him this way I thought makes the 'hot' parts look hotter if there's some contrast on the figure. I also enjoyed playing around with slapping blue, purple and green onto the tempered metal bits. This way I managed to throw all sorts of colours onto this figure, so the colourful gemstoned don't stick out THAT much as the only colourful bits on the guy. And on top of all of that, the dark metallic parts make the dude look dead 'ard and kinda mean.

In the end the loincloth probably was the trickiest thing to paint on the guy. So I freehanded on that big avatar rune. On the rest of the army I used mostly decals, but you can't just put a huge decal on a forgeworld model that size.

Of course I could have done a better job if I'd invested several more hours, but I didn't have the time. I think he turned out nicely that way. :)

Offline Warboss Nick

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #374 on: April 28, 2021, 06:29:25 PM »
Wow, that’s a fantastic paintjob, truly amazing and appreciately awe and fear inspiring!