Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:12:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689615
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: A walk among the Dead  (Read 3143 times)

Offline Dublindawg

• Assistant
A walk among the Dead
« on: June 21, 2017, 02:11:01 PM »
A couple months back I came across the Walking Dead: All Out War miniature game at one of the local gaming stores.  I am a big fan of the TV show and had only read a few of the comics but the game interested me.  I was given a quick overview of the game by the store owner and I was on my way with a new miniature game in hand. 

The first picture is of 3 of the survivors, Derek, Sandra and Liam.  I painted Liam up as a Clemson Tigers fan as my wife is a big fan of their football team.  The 2nd picture has the walkers that I have completed so far.  A buddy commented that the punk hair walker looked a bit like Yondu from Guardians of the Galaxy.  I took that as inspiration to paint up as Yondu and gave him blue skin and red hair.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: A walk among the Dead
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 10:01:01 PM »
Cool stuff. Good colours, gritty and really nice zombies. Keep it up!
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 11:01:32 PM »
They look good.

Offline Dublindawg

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 06:43:43 PM »
In the near future I will be running TWD at a local game day.  Several of us are unable to make it to Historicon this year so we decided to do something local instead.  So I was tasked to come up with something and I have created a scenario taking place at a farm.  Two groups of survivors have stumbled on a farm where there are still some livestock penned up.  The survivors will have to try and rescue/capture the animals and return them to a set point on the table.  Last night I did a test run of the scenario and found some hickups with the rules I had made up for the livestock.  Some tweaks will be made and hope to have a great game in the near future.

Below are a couple of pictures from last nights run. 

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 06:47:07 PM »
Looks good.

Offline Dublindawg

• Assistant
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 06:58:41 PM »
Looks good.

Thanks, I have to paint 12 more walkers and about 6-8 more survivors by next weekend.  The organizers dropped this in my lap on Monday.  I think they know that I only tend to get stuff painted if there is a deadline of this nature.

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 07:37:45 PM »
Nicely done - nothing like a lunge from a walker to get you running.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 09:43:26 AM »
Looks pretty awesome, lovely paint jobs.  Where did you get that farmhouse?

Offline Dublindawg

• Assistant
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 04:28:52 PM »
Looks pretty awesome, lovely paint jobs.  Where did you get that farmhouse?

The barn is from 4Ground.  It's part of their wild west line.

Offline Dublindawg

• Assistant
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2017, 04:34:05 PM »
This morning I was able to finish the 3 walkers I had started earlier in the week.  I also was able to paint up 5 more bringing my total of painted walkers to 18.  Only 7 more walkers to go until I have all the ones I have purchased so far done.

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2017, 05:28:45 PM »
Well done, they look good.

Offline Dublindawg

• Assistant
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 06:06:27 PM »
I was able to finish up 3 more survivors with the exception of their bases.

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2017, 05:13:13 AM »
Looking good!  It sounds like you have the same background to TWD that I do.  Loved the show and binge watched the guts out of it a a couple years ago and have been following it since.  Do you have any plans to make television versions of any of the characters?  I have plans for a proper Carol and a post Eastman Morgan.  Likely others too but I still need to paint up the models I already have.  Some will likely end up painted more in the style of the series rather than the comics as they provide more colour references.

Offline Dublindawg

• Assistant
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2017, 04:02:24 PM »
Looking good!  It sounds like you have the same background to TWD that I do.  Loved the show and binge watched the guts out of it a a couple years ago and have been following it since.  Do you have any plans to make television versions of any of the characters?  I have plans for a proper Carol and a post Eastman Morgan.  Likely others too but I still need to paint up the models I already have.  Some will likely end up painted more in the style of the series rather than the comics as they provide more colour references.

Studio Miniatures makes versions of some of the characters from the show.  I picked up Daryl so far, but have yet to paint him. I also like their version of Hersel and Morgan as well.  Someone on the Facebook page for the game shared a custom character card for Daryl a couple of months back.

Offline Dublindawg

• Assistant
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2017, 04:07:39 PM »
After the test run of the scenario I will be running this weekend at mini game day I revised the rules for livestock.  With the new rules the animals will only react if a walker is in their killzone and will move 8" away in a straight line.  No more rolling on a custom panic table and tracking each of the animals individually.  Below are the revised rules I will be using.  The livestock will only fight walkers if in base contact.  If held by a survivor is holding them, then they are are happy to be taken to safety.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 11:47:01 PM by Dublindawg »