Forum > Season 11

Captain Blood's LPL11 Portfolio

(1/3) > >>

Captain Blood:

Hawkeye:
Wow. Seeing all these entries together really brings things into focus - it's the wonderful painting AND photography together that elevate your work, Captain Blood. It's not just the compositions of the scenes, but the practicalities of taking photographs to bring out the best in the miniatures. Wonderful work. The WW2 stuff is fantastic, of course, but it's the barbarians and giant that steal the show for me, I think.

Neldoreth:
Looks great all together, excellent show! Kudos.

thanks
Joe

Captain Blood:
Thanks gents.

Ironically, for me, my best entry was the Napoleonic landing party - the one team that lost  lol

That's because - despite my dioramic efforts across the board for the rest of the LPL - I actually far prefer to see the clarity of the paintjob on the miniatures unencumbered by scenery. They just photograph much better against a white or neutral background.

However, experience proves that this is not the way to success in the LPL, where a scenic setting, rightly or wrongly, is the well proven path to the hearts of the voting LAF public  :)

Keith:
This portfolio should come with some sort of warning. It's pretty much obscene what you pulled of with this year's LPL Richard.

To steal a quote from Alex 'this is great cinema'.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version