Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:26:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My first zombies (an ongoing project)  (Read 8119 times)

Offline myincubliss

• Mad Scientist
    • dead lead project
Re: My first zombies (an ongoing project)
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 11:13:50 PM »
More progress, more poor quality pictures!

Good thing he's got a hardhat or the fallen rock on his base might have done some damage...

In space, no-one can hear you... moan?

Snacks! A mini absolutley dripping with character spoiled by a lack of facial detail. Hence the OTT blood smear.

Orange because... well, honestly I' just bought some orange paint, and thought I'd better justify it's purchase to myself...

Another dodgy faced mini... Whenever I picked her up during painting, I got 'woman in the red dress' (by the Sugababes, I'm reliably assured) stuck in my head. Sad but true...

Green hair. Why not. In hindsight, the jokes died out after a couple pictures. Must be something in the water...

In other news, my first brute zombie conversion has some paint on it, and everything else is piled up in various stages of construction and undercoating... Focus!

Offline dexter

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2009, 12:57:28 AM »
i like the green haired zed figure .Is it the one that had green seethrough skin?
I'm tempted to use it as a radioactive zombie .just for a bit of variety in the horde.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 01:02:30 AM by dexter »

Offline myincubliss

• Mad Scientist
    • dead lead project
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 05:50:07 PM »
It was indeed the radioactive zombie, nicely sculpted body...

Offline myincubliss

• Mad Scientist
    • dead lead project
Re: My first zombies (an ongoing project) [updated 20/04]
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009, 03:18:09 PM »
Whilst undercoating my studio miniatures zombies, I realised I hadn't updated this thread with my progress in a while. To rectify that, I dutifully snapped off a couple shots for internet perusal:

My first brute zombie, lovingly converted (with much swearing and hacking). I experimented with a 'fresher' skin tone on this fellow, but it didn't really work out the way I planned. C'est la vie...

My second brute, a horrorclix repaint. Nice characterful sculpt...

My third brute - 'angry? No, I said you wouldn't like him when he's hungry...'

And that's about it on the zombie front - as well as the comic shop building, I've been working on two survivors... for about a week now, and I'm really no closer to finishing them (it's procrastination rather than perfectionism that's slowing me down on these). Hopefully I'll finish them whilst painting up the next lot of zombies, then I might treat myself by painting the 'zombie king' that's been sat undercoated on the shelf...

Offline myincubliss

• Mad Scientist
    • dead lead project
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2009, 04:49:55 PM »
I was just getting focused on wwwii as well... it's weird, I've always loved zombies, just never really considered gaming them until now...

The other curse of LAF is there's just too many cool projects going on everywhere, hence my current stockpiling of doctor who minis, and someone's heroclix collection winging it's way to me thanks to the electronic bay...

I keep telling myself if I buy enough zombies, I'll have to stay focused and paint them all - that's how it works, right?

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 08:20:49 PM »
LOVELY BLOOD EFFECT

how ?

and no lol, you would think that if you kept buying that it work like that. i currently have 24 zombies ready to paint! and have only painted 3 of them!!!!!

TW
EZPAINTER.CO.UK/BLOG

Offline myincubliss

• Mad Scientist
    • dead lead project
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2009, 09:21:36 PM »
I fear there should have been a winky face after the joke  ;)

Blood is TCR magic - got mine from Taiwan and it was worth it - mixed with black ink it comes out lovely, but be warned it tastes godawful and knackers brushes (and if you're too rough, occasionally scrubs paint off minis)