Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:28:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: WIP pictures of a tavern (update with step-by-step a painting guide)  (Read 8564 times)

Offline Elladan

• Bookworm
    • elladan.de
Hello,

I found the time to update my homepage with WIP pictures of the constructing and casting of an not so new building for 28 mm my Tavern ("Dorfschänke")

This is the first of three parts about this building. Much more pictures and some information about the used materials and tools can be found here http://www.elladan.de/

A sketch

The construction od the walls

The base

The first cast

The next part will follow in a week or two and show the painting of this model as a Step-by-Step guide.

Ciao

Elmar
http://www.elladan.de/
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 08:46:26 PM by Elladan »
I love beautiful terrain.

Offline Regulator

• Mad Scientist
Re: WIP pictures of the constructing a tavern
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 10:24:21 PM »
Wow, Elmar that's awesome, how much a Dorfschänke will cost?  ???

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 10:37:51 PM »
 :o :o :o :o :o

Impressive...do you sell your product? Does the roof come off, floors lift out? Scale looks to be 28mm?

Also went to your site...your pictures of the painted bowmen are incredible. They look extremely real!!

Great work...thank you for sharing!!

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Elladan

• Bookworm
    • elladan.de
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 10:48:51 PM »
Hi,

@ Regulator
I am happy, that you like it. The cost is 39,80 EUR plus porto/package. The model Kit is cast in a dark grey class 4 dental hard plaster (walls, steps, chimmey etc.), in also dark grey resin (base, roof barrels) and white metal (sign).

@ Hitman
Thank's for the nice comments. Yes, the scale is for 28 - 32 mm or 1:56 up to 1:48. The roof can be lifted of (if you don't glue them) and an additional floor can be added. Wait for the next update and you can clearly see the assembly and the dimensions of the walls etc..

Ciao

Elmar

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ... standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • INCLTVS REX - Late Antique wargames blog
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 10:38:11 AM »
I generally do not like resin buildings but with this one I'm quite impressed! Fits together nicely without looking like it is made from separate parts. Nice work.

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 11:42:16 AM »
Very impressive!!!
argsilverson

Offline Regulator

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 12:21:27 PM »
Hi,

@ Regulator
I am happy, that you like it. The cost is 39,80 EUR plus porto/package. The model Kit is cast in a dark grey class 4 dental hard plaster (walls, steps, chimmey etc.), in also dark grey resin (base, roof barrels) and white metal (sign).

I just wonder because, I have to pay 44,90 Euros by Stronghold Terrain ... let's just have a quick look in my purse...

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 02:19:26 AM »
Elladan;
When will it be available? Where will it be available from? What is shipping to London, Ontario, Canada?

Offline Elladan

• Bookworm
    • elladan.de
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 07:59:05 AM »
Hi Hitman,

the model is available. You can order it via mail (elladan@muenster.de) dirictly from me.

The total costs shipping it to Canada will be  57,84 EUR (39,80 EUR Tavern, 16,05 EUR Postage, 1,99 EUR Package).

You can pay save and fast via PayPal or via banktransfer.

Here comes a picture of the painted model as an appetizer.

I hope you like it. The painting guide will follow in a week. I also work on a new page with all the models I can sell.

Ciao

Elmar

Offline Keith

• Mastermind
    • Small Wars Blog
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 09:02:13 AM »
Outstanding!
An infrequent Blog http://small-wars.com

Offline Galman

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 04:21:41 PM »
Great looking tavern!

Offline Goomb

• Assistant
    • Da Warpath!
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 09:44:35 PM »
Good grief!  The tavern is a wonderful model, but I am blown away by some of the goodies on your website.  The WIPs on creating smoke and some of the terrain pieces are great.  The synthetic fur gaming board looks wonderfull too!  Smashing!

Thank you for sharing this with us.  Hmm, you have molds of this thing, and they are for sale?

Goomb

Offline SgtPerry

• Mad Scientist
    • Perry's Heroes
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 09:37:10 AM »
Outstanding!  :o

That's a marvellous piece you did!

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 09:49:17 AM »
Above even the typical high standard of your work - Beautiful!  :-*
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline Elladan

• Bookworm
    • elladan.de
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 07:38:08 PM »
Hi,
thank you all for the very kind comments. I am not a professional model maker but a banker with family and limited time. It is a very very good feeling to get so much positiv feedback.

I love doing terrain pieces for many years now. Three or four years ago I began to learn about building moulds and construct buildings and other pieces in a way that allwoed me to cast them. I only do model that I like and that I need - and I try to do them in a realistic look. The model kits I sell compensate the costs for the moulding and casting materials. But the main reason for selling casts of some models is the idea that it might be a wast of time and effort to only paint a (single) highly detailed master for my cabinet or gamingtable. So casting and selling them other gamers and collectors can buy and paint them too.

On the other hand I personally like buying, collecting and painting well done miniatures and vehicles from the talented hands of other people in the hobby like Crouchie, Copplestone, Mike, Paul ...... and all the other.

In fact I love doing terrain piece in the very limited spare time so much, that I seldom find the time to paint the hills of miniatures and models I own. So I just commisioned the painting of the first miniatures (FJ from BAM) from a very talented painter.

In a few weeks I will put together a page with all the models, kits and pieces I can sell. It is a slowly growing list with barrels, sacks, doghut, horsedrawn carts, WW II ruin ...

It's time to go on with my actual projects and with putting together the pictures and informations for the step-by-step painting guide.

Ciao

Elmar