Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:42:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690962
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 705
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Perry Colonial Range?  (Read 17280 times)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: New Perry Colonial Range?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 04:41:48 PM »
I have heard whispers of a new Indian Mutiny range and a new NWF range. Sounds very interesting, only 5 days to go and we shall see... ;)

Ah... India...  :-*
Make it be India...
 :D

Indian Mutiny is definitely my favourite!
Elephants! :-*
Guns! Dashing Officers and crazed half naked Fanatics!

;)
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline Gallowglass

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 05:31:28 PM »
Indian Mutiny would be fantastic. ::)

And now, if I don't get enthusiastic about it, it just might happen....
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 10:06:04 AM »
India please, please, please...

Do u think this'll make them scrap their real project and quickly scuplt up some Indian Mutiny , just to satisfy us?  lol
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline Bugsda

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 11:02:56 AM »
Yeah! India, imshi! :D
Well I've lead an evil life, so they say, but I'll outrun the Devil on judgement day.

Offline thejammedgatling

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 12:27:40 PM »

Do u think this'll make them scrap their real project and quickly scuplt up some Indian Mutiny , just to satisfy us?  lol

Yes. Yes I reckon this ought to about do it.

Err.. on second thoughts.... Good try though!

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 03:55:34 PM »
I'd love to see the NW Frontier done properly! I have some of the Foundry Pathans and they arr superb, so it would be nice to expand them with more fighters, villagers, traders etc etc. also, the later 19thC British can be used for Sudan, Boer wars etc as well as NWF  :D

Thinking about the Perrys' love of big battles with many figures, maybe the Mutiny is more likely, especially considering their input into the new "Black Powder" 1700-1900 rules from Warlord.....

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2009, 04:19:25 PM »
Isn’t their new "secret" project suppose to be Crimean War?
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2009, 05:03:01 PM »
I've heard that others (not too distant from the Perry twins) are going to do Crimean but had only read that Michael had been working on something for a while and it would be unveiled at Salute. I have seen no mention of it being specifically colonial although I hope it is and the other conjecture was that it was plastic - wishfull thinking on behalf of the poster?

Its only a few days to go now and unless one of you guys takes the time to ring me from Salute I will have to wait until it breaks on Sunday to find out.

NWF/Sudan/Mutiny would all be welcome but personally I hope its a big selection of Ming to support the Choson against the Japanese.
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 06:18:30 PM »

Its only a few days to go now and unless one of you guys takes the time to ring me from Salute I will have to wait until it breaks on Sunday to find out.

You see Svennn dear boy, thats why you should travel down to Salute and spend the day with your LAF friends  :D

If its Chinese I'll call you, PM me your number. And by the way, thanks for dropping off the package with dewbakuk ;)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Yankeepedlar01

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://talesfromghq.blogspot.com/2011/11/you-are-very-welcome-at-tales-from-ghq.html
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 11:08:22 PM »
Since their own advert for the plastic building mentions use in the Maori Wars, is n't it possible thats the new range? Seems an odd choice of example to me otherwise. :)
"There is no point in being stupid unless you show it!"

http://talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Gallowglass

• Scientist
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2009, 02:08:32 AM »
Since their own advert for the plastic building mentions use in the Maori Wars, isn't it possible thats the new range? Seems an odd choice of example to me otherwise. :)

Maori Wars in plastic? Lovely (and I mean, LOVELY) but I very much doubt it. Not in plastic, anyway. But the Perrys ARE mates with Peter Jackson, and HAVE taken a few holidays in New Zealand.....

British regulars in New Zealand wore kit which was oddly similar to that worn in the Crimea........as was the kit worn in India and Canada. Let's not forget that the very first article that appeared about the Perry ACW plastics in WI featured a conversion of a sackcoated figure into an 1850/1860s, which looked a bit like this:

http://www.fusiliers.net/wargaming14.htm

So, I think we might see Crimean War troops in plastic, with some srprising metal ranges/ add-ons appearing. After all, the Perrys have metal heads for converting their ACW figs on sale, and Victrix are also producing metal hads to turn your flank company boxes into Light Infantry battalions, so who knows....

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2009, 07:06:07 AM »
I'm not that interested in Crimea, but if they'll do Crimea Brits in plastic I might be tempted to get some and use them for Garnet Wolseleys invasion of New England in 1862 that saved the confederation and forced Lincoln to sue for peace in 1864.
If you come for the king, you better not miss (Omar)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2009, 08:58:48 AM »
I'm not that interested in Crimea, but if they'll do Crimea Brits in plastic I might be tempted to get some and use them for Garnet Wolseleys invasion of New England in 1862 that saved the confederation and forced Lincoln to sue for peace in 1864.

A fascinating counter-factual scenario...  :)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2009, 11:19:16 AM »

You'd be better off hoping for the Indian Mutiny option in that case. The uniforms had completely changed by the early 1860s.

Crimea seems an odd choice to me. They have already sculpted a fairly comprehensive range for Foundry, which like the rest of their stuff comes and goes in availabilty. I was under the impression that the Perries had some sort of deal here they don't replicate their work for foundry. You'll notice that they haven't sculpted, early AWI troops which were in the exisiting Foundry range.

Eureka did a fairly complete and beautifully sculpted range in 18mm. I get the impression that Crimean war armies aren't big movers sales wise but then again I doubt the Carlist Wars are either.

If we are going to play at fantasy world cup then I'd like to see the Paraguayan War. It's colourful, nobody does a range in this scale and they could reuse some of the dollies from their ACW range. It would be good timing woith the Foundry book that came out recently.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2009, 11:23:03 AM »
Oh and of course, if some deal with Foundry does exist, it rather rules out the Mutiny too, the Perries already did a range for Foundry ( very nice figures too, some of their best work at Foundry).