Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:18:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691089
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (NEW) Post a picture of the last game you played! 7/01/2017+  (Read 624879 times)

Offline Deedles

• Mastermind
    • One man & his brushes
Re: (NEW) Post a picture of the last game you played! 7/01/2017+
« Reply #4230 on: July 03, 2023, 11:43:36 AM »
Big Napoleonics - Southern Liepzig in 28s

Cheers
Deedles

One day the lead mountain will be gone.... one day

http://onemanhisbrushes.blogspot.co.uk/
http://blazingdice.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline TWD

• Mastermind
    • Tom's Toy Soldiers Blog

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4232 on: July 03, 2023, 10:09:38 PM »
Avenged! (Sort of)

*thunk*

Scute never did like that his almost-twin brother, Cod, ran off with that "From the Woods" warband, much less that his brother was the only one to die on their watch. Scute's only reminder of his brother was his brother's scarecrows, three rather unwholesome looking things that stood over his unimpressive plot of land. Cod was buried under one of the trees on the farm, next to his scarecrows that he was unwholesomely fond of. And the "From the Woods" warband had the temerity to return, requesting lodging as part of their Ride Patrol. Freeloaders. But, that morning, Scute would feel a little grateful of the warband's presence as they refreshed themselves near the village well, and send arrows and bolts into the attacking robbers, the last of whom fled away, leaving two arrows in his felled fellow townsfolk, and one more in the still-standing scarecrows.

Map by Loke Battle Mats, Wilderness Map book. VTT mega-map KS right now on KS!
Trees and rock by Archon. Elven Woods set.
Village terrain by Battle Systems. Village set.
Scarecrows are "Tiny Furniture's Harvest of War" miniatures. Sequel campaign coming!
Miniatures by Reaper.

Loke Immense Dungeons. Digital. : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamingbooks/immense-dungeons-digital-maps-for-discerning-game-masters

Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #4233 on: July 04, 2023, 02:38:16 AM »

Post-apocalyptic campaign I am running with Wiley Games' Core Rules. This was the fourth game in the series, with the various survivor gangs exploring a recently-abandoned army base to investigate the mystery of what happened to the troops that were there (and possibly scavenge some supplies!)...

Mike Demana

Offline TWD

• Mastermind
    • Tom's Toy Soldiers Blog

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
« Reply #4236 on: July 08, 2023, 05:58:38 PM »
More US Rangers' action in Northern Gambola.  Played yesterday.  28mm using Fistful of Lead: Bigger Battles.  AAR is up in my 'Modern Stuff" thread...
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #4237 on: July 09, 2023, 01:42:04 AM »
Finally got in a game of Turnip 28. Not the most beautiful of settings but it was a fun game :)

a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #4238 on: July 09, 2023, 08:24:06 AM »
A Spectre Ops game set in Kweezikonga.  A small group of Simbuthu freedom fighters had captured some western TV people and held them for ransom.  A 4 man team of professionals set off to rescue them.  Meanwhile a platoon of Simbuthu tribal freedom fighters rushed in to extract the hostages.

After getting in close to the hostages and even occupying the building a "Fog of War" card sending in a helicopter gunship was drawn. 

A few second later half the Simbuthu were dead or fleeing as miniguns and rocket pods opened up on them.  The section in the building were suppressed by this attack and the professionals stormed the demoralised insurgents in a hail of flashbangs and bullets rescuing the hostages.

A close run action that swung back and forwards until the helicopter arrived.

'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline Ragnar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #4239 on: July 09, 2023, 12:01:29 PM »
Finally got in a game of Turnip 28. Not the most beautiful of settings but it was a fun game :)

Lovely stuff.  I am slowing building a T28 force, not that I've got anyone to play against.  Can't wait to give it a try though.  I'd love to see more photos, closeups.
Gods, monsters and men,
Will die together in the end.

Offline FierceKitty

• Mastermind
« Reply #4240 on: July 10, 2023, 02:05:40 AM »
1523, Gran' Cazzo (don't Google it at work). Lee and I fought each other to a standstill.
The laws of probability do not apply to my dice in wargames or to my finesses in bridge.

Offline FierceKitty

• Mastermind
« Reply #4241 on: July 10, 2023, 02:07:40 AM »
A few more. Figures almost all Pendraken.

Offline racm32

• Mastermind
    • Wyndehurst Productions
« Reply #4242 on: July 15, 2023, 05:09:55 PM »
Game of Ravenfeast with my 5 year old son.

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #4243 on: July 21, 2023, 11:31:23 AM »
Another scenario from the Sci-fi Skirmish Scenarios book by John Lambshead. This time hunting a sniper using the Galatcic Hereos set of rules.

Offline pauld

• Scientist
  • Being disintegrated makes me very angry!
« Reply #4244 on: July 22, 2023, 03:26:17 PM »
LASTING TALES

First game today – solo.

The table is set up and the three heroes, Coram the Barbarian, Aramis the Scented Ranger and Boring the Dwarf reach the town centre.  The sign on the track outside that read “Village of Dread Population 0” and the piles of skulls littered around should have rang alarm bells but perhaps these are not the brightest adventurers in the dungeon.

Starting at the well they spread out and head for the interesting looking piles crates and barrels.  Something interesting?  Groans, moans and creaks come form the village outskirts.  They are not alone.

Coram fumbles around in the pile of crates and lets the skeleton warrior close.  His inept search only found another skeleton but he dispatched that with a well timed swipe leaving him facing just the one.

Boring is swamped by a group of zombies who practise their dance moves in the hope of intimidating him but he lands a solid blow and is well on the way to sending one back to the grave (again).

Meanwhile Aramis having found one clue legs it across the table toward another likely pile pausing only to send an ineffective arrow at the skeleton bothering his mate Corum.

Reinforcements lie in wait off the table dicing every turn end for their chance to come out and play

All the while some rural day-trippers bussed in to flesh out the scenario scatter in all directions

Look behind you! (yeah, I'm sure that'll work)

Aramis finds that last clue and spots the likely looking treasure chest on the corner.  Staying out of harms way seems to be paying off.

and with the final clue found, just like a panto villain appearing in a puff of smoke, a Necromancer pops out of a pile of crates with a bodyguard of 2 slavering Grave Ghouls.

We got to destroy the Necromancer's spawn point – it's turn 7 out of 10, it's dark and all sorts of undead types are streaming in out for our blood.  Will we do it?

Don't know, got to stop now I'm being told I've got to stop playing soldiers and do something else.  Finish tomorrow.

Verdict.  It's a good game.  Simple mechanics, 2d6 plus stat against a target number with an additional critical/fluff dice to add a little more friction.  Easy, playes well solo and has a bunch of scenarios and a boat load of enemy types.  I like it quite a bit.
No dear, they are not toys, they are models