Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:57:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689242
  • Total Topics: 118266
  • Online Today: 526
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pontoonier Burmese Range ... a tidbit of information...  (Read 3760 times)

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
Pontoonier Burmese Range ... a tidbit of information...
« on: February 26, 2017, 03:50:25 PM »
Just stumbled on this on Facebook:

In the meantime, if you want figures from the established Mongrel Cold War or Pontoonier Burma War Ranges, contact us!

Badger Games LLC  https://www.facebook.com/Badger-Games-LLC-1663717433954946/

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
Re: Pontoonier Burmese Range ... a tidbit of information...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 03:54:30 PM »
And, there is a reference to them owning Obelisk Miniatures as well!

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 05:27:11 PM »
Wow! Hopefully we can get our hands on the Congo Crisis miniatures again. Thanks for sharing!

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 09:46:38 PM »
Heartening but I'd urge some caution. Badger Games LLC has owned those ranges for a long time. Previous reported efforts to obtain the Mongrel ranges have come to naught and there has been a non-functioning web presence out there for quite some time.

Perhaps this reflects a change of heart and a desire to re-boot their brand. We'll wait and see if things change.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 03:46:14 AM »
The FB page has very little content since Aug 2016...

October 2016 they stated just have to put it all together...

There is a Badger Games website  (from 2017) but none of the links work...

Their last tweet was November 2016...

I dont know what its like putting together a website and they own several lines with numerous product codes...

But I know Twitter and FB...and its super easy to throw pictures online...and they stated they have taken pictures of everything...

I guess only time will tell but IMHO i won't be holding my breath.

Its a shame as they own some great ranges.

Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 02:54:37 PM »
Should I gloat because I have some?   :D
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline jamesmanto

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 04:32:38 PM »
Should I gloat because I have some?   :D

Yes. They are lovely.
I should have gotten some of their Gurkhas when I had the chance

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 04:45:32 PM »
I just bought a copy of the Congo rules from Badger Games, in person at a convention.  So if that makes y'all feel any better, they are in fact a functional operating business!

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2017, 09:46:28 PM »
Latest Facebook post: May 1st!  I've sent them a link to this thread...

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 03:19:04 PM »
Slight threadomancy, but just saw this posted on TMP:

The Badger Supporting Member of TMP   12 Jul 2017 6:18 a.m. PST
Badger Games will be at Historicon to mark our re-launch. Stop by the booth. With all the current interest in "weird west" come see our exciting range "Monstrous Old West." The line includes Dracula and vampiric cabal, various old west were wolfs, were bears, zombies, etc. All perfect to rediscover with the great new rules sets out there. We will also have the complete Mongrel line and Pontoonier Miniatures (Pontoonier has a Monstrous Old West line with more than 40 packs and an ever-growing "Terror on the High Seas" range for similar themed pirate packs).

We will have a wide selection of Foundry Miniatures and paints, Great Escape Games (including the great new Curse of Dead man's Hand stuff) and tons of Gripping Beast SAGA figures and rules to name a few.

As the entire crew is at Historicon, we will wait to launch our new website within a few weeks of the end of Historicon with lots of great new stuff!

Come see us at the booth for more details!

So, this might actually happen!  :o

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 05:02:57 PM »
News!

from: http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=459511

Hello All

We recently decided to make a real go of this, hire people, go to CONs (8 this year so far) and do a website…right. It will not be a slap-dash. Every pack is being professionally cleaned, ink-washed and photographed so you will see EXACTLY what it is. We are also carrying a lot of ranges in the US not currently available in the US and have bought companies you thought were gone for good (Obelisk for one). Its not a small job. As we told people at Historicon, we expect the site up approximately September 1.

In the meantime, if you want Drantakh, or Mongrel or Pontoonier Gurkhas, email me at fromthebadger at gmail and I will send lists and take orders while the site is being finished.

We are expanding the Mongrel, Pontoonier and Drantakh ranges and with the site there will be a lot of new stuff.

So, please be patient. We have 3 people working full time to inventory, photograph, clean, enter items, etc. and it will happen, but its literally 1000s of items (and we are nearly there!). And, if you want an item, let me know. We have been actively filling orders.

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2017, 05:53:27 PM »
News!

from: http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=459511

Excellent!  And with Darkest Africa experiencing a resurgence in interest (with Congo and The Men Who Would Be Kings releasing), I'm sure their acquiring Obelisk Miniatures will be welcome also (I'm eyeing some zombie Baluchis and baboons myself).

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 05:59:57 PM »
Well, it looks like they are working towards getting things going.

That's great news for the hobby.

Offline The Badger

• Lurker
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2017, 04:26:19 PM »
Hello All

The site is under construction and rapidly approaching completion. Initially our thought was a site just for our owned ranges. As we took on new hires and attended CONs, we greatly expanded this. We acquired a few long out of production ranges (Obelisk), are remolding others that were a disaster (Bear's Den) and will be brining a lot of Stuff to the US that before had to be ordered from overseas (Foundry, Great Escape Games, Outpost, Otherworld to name just a few).

The long and short is that what began as 100s of codes and pictures is now 1000s. It is a huge amount of work and will be well worth it.

We have two people just adding pictures and inventory numbers now (site is 90% done) and expect to launch within weeks.

In the meantime, if you want any of the Mongrel, Pontoonier or other items, email me at fromthebadger at gmail for immediate service.

Ben

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2017, 06:01:01 PM »
Hello All

The site is under construction and rapidly approaching completion. Initially our thought was a site just for our owned ranges. As we took on new hires and attended CONs, we greatly expanded this. We acquired a few long out of production ranges (Obelisk), are remolding others that were a disaster (Bear's Den) and will be brining a lot of Stuff to the US that before had to be ordered from overseas (Foundry, Great Escape Games, Outpost, Otherworld to name just a few).

The long and short is that what began as 100s of codes and pictures is now 1000s. It is a huge amount of work and will be well worth it.

We have two people just adding pictures and inventory numbers now (site is 90% done) and expect to launch within weeks.

In the meantime, if you want any of the Mongrel, Pontoonier or other items, email me at fromthebadger at gmail for immediate service.

Ben

Excellent news! I'm definitely an interested party in your being a US distributor for a few of those ranges.