Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:54:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689499
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 572
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Test of Honour  (Read 3911 times)

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Test of Honour
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 02:24:14 AM »
Good thing I didn't say they're utter crap then!

You can say whatever you want  lol I'm just sharing another opinion on a same product, people will make their own ;)

cheers  :)

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2017, 07:26:49 PM »
That's incorrect. You have to purchase the various box sets to get the faction cards, as well as the main box set to get the campaign rules and basic cards.

I am with wkeyser, not interested in a game that forces you to buy all the expansions, particularly as you end up with a pile of the very mediocre Wargames Factory figures.

I bought it this morning, for my daughter -she is a Sengoku Jidai period fanatic and had been pestering me since the game was released!-. As soon as we came home she started to assemble the figures, and while they could be more "assembling-friendly" or at least have better diagrams -why is so difficult to number the pieces?-, the sculptures themselves are more than decent. Truth be told, I actually like them. They are not Steel Fist, to be sure, but not mediocre either. I am not great fan of Warlord Miniatures sculpting, but in this case I am not disgusted at all by their figures. Not great, but decent.

PS: horses, on the other hand, look somewhat weird. 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 06:01:46 AM by Antonio J Carrasco »

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2017, 06:19:03 AM »
Dunno why I duplicated my post! Apologies.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 05:59:48 AM by Antonio J Carrasco »

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2017, 07:44:31 PM »
That's incorrect. You have to purchase the various box sets to get the faction cards, as well as the main box set to get the campaign rules and basic cards.

I am with wkeyser, not interested in a game that forces you to buy all the expansions, particularly as you end up with a pile of the very mediocre Wargames Factory figures.

This may be true with regard to the additional factions, but the main cards and dice can be bought for £10. The token set (£15) is acrylic, unlike the card version that comes with the core set. As the rules can be downloaded free of charge, along with a set of optional rules, as far as I can see the game should be playable without purchasing the core set, or any expansions if not wanted. Most of the latter include a metal leader and some heads, however. Nothing is exactly cheap, is it?

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2017, 04:50:55 PM »
This may be true with regard to the additional factions, but the main cards and dice can be bought for £10. The token set (£15) is acrylic, unlike the card version that comes with the core set. As the rules can be downloaded free of charge, along with a set of optional rules, as far as I can see the game should be playable without purchasing the core set, or any expansions if not wanted. Most of the latter include a metal leader and some heads, however. Nothing is exactly cheap, is it?

The cards available from the warlord site are optional extra cards ,not the core cards needed to play the game.

From the walord site:
"This set as it might be easy to overlook among all the exciting models, but it’s well worth a mention. Extra dice are obviously useful, but the coolest bit is the 10 unique cards included:

2 extra Dishonour cards - Public Disgrace and Private Shame - these make it possible that the result of your dishonourable actions could be much worse or not so bad!
1 new Injury card - Lingering Wound - means you start the next battle in a bad way!
4 new skills - including Red Mist – which makes you more awesome once wounded - and Vengeance - which kicks in if a friendly samurai is cut down!
3 new Quests - including Appalling Luck (written in honour of Andy’s terrible dice rolling!)"

never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2017, 07:00:34 PM »
私は謝罪! About to sever front part of little finger with X-acto knife. Will post pic later.